This is the msg popping up before it shuts down when I try to communicate with just one same contact.

Version is 2.18.318 and supposed to be the last stable release for our OS.

(yes, whatsapp fixer has been run & installed on my Q10)

This began to happen after a video conference call with that contact.

Is there a "fix" or workaround?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-18 12:28 PM
    This is the msg popping up before it shuts down when I try to communicate with just one same contact.

Version is 2.18.318 and supposed to be the last stable release for our OS.

(yes, whatsapp fixer has been run & installed on my Q10)

This began to happen after a video conference call with that contact.

Is there a "fix" or workaround?

Posted via CB10
    Do you know what kind of platform this contact is using? (Android, iOS, etc.)
    10-26-18 02:25 PM
    Do you know what kind of platform this contact is using? (Android, iOS, etc.)
    I don't think the OS platform matters

Posted via CB10
    10-26-18 02:29 PM
    Btw, I found a fix for it.

If you go to the CALLS tab, highlight (long press) the last call that activated the problem and click on the trash can symbol to delete it, voila'!

Problem fixed!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-18 02:32 PM
    I don't think the OS platform matters

Posted via CB10
    The OS platform does indeed matter for cross-platform services like WhatsApp, particularly if it's possible your contact is using one version of the app and you are using a different one. We can test this out and try to find a workaround for you, but we'll need more information, particularly since it's only affecting the one contact.
    10-26-18 02:33 PM
    Btw, I found a fix for it.

If you go to the CALLS tab, highlight (long press) the last call that activated the problem and click on the trash can symbol to delete it, voila'!

Problem fixed!

Posted via CB10
    Great! It's odd that that would happen for just the one contact still, but the important thing is that the problem is solved!
    10-26-18 02:51 PM
    Great! It's odd that that would happen for just the one contact still, but the important thing is that the problem is solved!
    It's not just one contact. This happened with a different contact a few days ago. When that happened, I deleted the app and reinstalled it.

It then happened again this morning with a different contact (as you see above), and I decided to update the app to the newest version. It didn't fix it, so I came here and posted about the issue.

Few min ago I decided to fiddle with it and that's when I discovered the above fix.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-18 03:00 PM
    Thanks that worked! Before that any time I would try to chat to a person who had called me earlier, the app would crash.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-18 07:34 PM
    No on my Z10 it happen with many contacts. To solve I delete that chat but I lose some information. Fortunately it happens with individual chats not groups. Solution should come. BB10 open all documents so I use it for School.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-18 12:03 AM
    It also used to happen in my phone but with some several delete and downloads it somehow stopped crashing
    Don't know the mystery behind it

Posted via CB10
    12-01-18 12:09 AM
    It also used to happen in my phone but with some several delete and downloads it somehow stopped crashing
    Don't know the mystery behind it

Posted via CB10
    Find armeabi-v7a variant, use apk mirror. Since its most complete
    09-09-19 11:20 PM
    09-10-19 07:23 AM
    What's App app straight download from the What's App website. Get the android version. Works flawlessly. And it's the official app.

Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    09-18-19 02:04 PM
    Whatsapp Business works flawlessly.... no need to delete the call log or anything. No updates needed.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-19 06:45 PM