I registered just to say thanks. it worked for me.
    Del Mar Dial likes this.
    01-22-17 04:04 AM
    Here is what I did to install both BlackBerry Link and Blend on Mac OS Sierra.
    1. Right click or command click on "Install BlackBerry 10 Desktop Software.app" Icon.
    2. Select from the contextual menu "Show Package Contents"
    3. Go to Resources directory and Double Click on "BlackBerry Blend.pkg"
    4. When you get to "Installation Type" Select "BlackBerry Link" Checkbox and both will install.

Hope this works for you as It did for me.

Goodluck,

Del Mar
    thanks! worked like a charm!
    Del Mar Dial and Cherry cmc like this.
    05-18-17 09:53 AM
    You are very welcome thank goodness for the community it has saved my bacon sooooo many times and so I am happy to contribute as well.
    05-18-17 11:43 AM
    dude....omg man....u r a life save...thank you so much
    05-29-17 02:57 AM
    Thanks buddy!
    This worked. Cheers!
    06-27-17 12:05 AM
    didn't work for me. its all here installed but when I click on it I just get to boxes. one in install other is uninstall and nothing happens.
    why will it not just open
    07-25-17 08:39 AM
    didn't work for me. its all here installed but when I click on it I just get to boxes. one in install other is uninstall and nothing happens.
    why will it not just open
    Have not been on CrackBerry for a few months.

So the installation completes but blend or Link does not Load? I am not sure I understand.

Let me know and I will try to get a solution for you.

Thanks

Del Mar
    09-13-17 04:12 PM
    I did this on High Serra

1. Right click or command click on "Install BlackBerry 10 Desktop Software.app" Icon.
    4. When you get to "Installation Type" Select "BlackBerry Link" Checkbox and both will install.

And the error i got
    Attached Thumbnails Unable to Install Blend/Link on MacOS Sierra-screen-shot-2017-11-19-18.37.58.jpg  
    11-19-17 11:08 AM
    As far as I know neither Link nor Blend work on MacOS higher than El Capitan (10.11). Sierra is not supported. See here:
    BlackBerry Link for Mac system requirements
    It is the reason why I keep my Mac at 10.11 and do not upgrade the system software.
    11-19-17 05:00 PM
    I can confirm this as well as I blew away my install and tried to reinstall and receive the same error. The only way that I see this working is if you had it already installed with Sierra and then upgraded to High Sierra.

I will invest some time pulling the install apart and see if I can find a solution. Looking at the install logs I see some issues with the actual install script, Like it's not signed for Sierra or High Sierra installer. This is a guess but the install stopped working normally with 10.12 and my little trick to install blend as a work around no longer works with the High Sierra release. So I wonder if the the script can be signed if it will run. I mean if it is that simple why doesn't BlackBerry just rebuild the Installer for High Sierra problem solved? Pisses me off that they still sell BB10 phones but not upgrade the installer for newer OS's.

Del Mar
    Last edited by Del Mar Dial; 11-21-17 at 07:35 PM.
    11-20-17 04:13 PM
    I can confirm this as well as I blew away my install and tried to reinstall and receive the same error. The only way that I see this working is if you had it already installed with Sierra and then upgraded to High Sierra.

I will invest some time pulling the install apart and see if I can find a solution. Looking at the install logs I see some issues with the actual install script, Like it's not signed for Sierra or High Sierra installer. This is a guess but the install stopped working normally with 10.12 and my little trick to install blend as a work around no longer works with the High Sierra release. So I wonder if the the script can be signed if it will run. I mean if it is that simple why doesn't BlackBerry just rebuild the Installer for High Sierra problem solved? Pisses me off that they still sell BB10 phones but not upgrade the installer for newer OS's.

Del Mar

I am getting the same error any updates guys
    12-27-17 10:25 PM
    Hi folks, have the same problem here, BBblend ist not working on Mac Sierra 10.13.2, new installing BB blend isen't working either....now what? Is BB blend supported bei Mac Sierra or not? BlackBerry Knowledge Base
    /kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000038547...please help...is there an alternative way to save my bb on my desktop???never never buy a BB again...I am so disappointed, as BB don't upgrade the installer...

Monika
    01-04-18 01:06 PM

Del Mar
    I followed the steps and this is what happened.

Unable to Install Blend/Link on MacOS Sierra-screen-shot-2018-02-09-4.21.07-pm.jpg

Any advice? Thanks to anyone who can help.
    02-09-18 03:16 PM
    Greetings,

Which version of OSX are you on KitJackson67?
    02-09-18 05:03 PM
    My MacBook Pro runs MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 and I use a Blackberry Classic which runs Blackberry 10.3.3.1463. I hope this information helps.
    02-09-18 10:05 PM
    Anyone get this working on High Sierra or Mojave? I am on 10.14 and receive the same error others have above when manually running the install package....

Getting this working would make my life way easier.... The Blend email functionality is 10 times better than the build in Mac Mail garbage.
    12-14-18 10:03 AM
    I think I am going to have to ditch my BB10 device over this.

Part of the reason I got this device was for this desktop software integration - since it's not working, this solution isn't working for me.

Really wish BB would have prioritized this.
    12-17-18 01:47 PM
    I think I am going to have to ditch my BB10 device over this.

Part of the reason I got this device was for this desktop software integration - since it's not working, this solution isn't working for me.

Really wish BB would have prioritized this.
    Don't ditch it yet Paul! I'm working on this and may have a solution for you.
    12-18-18 09:47 AM
    The only temporarily solution is a Virtual windows 7 in your Mac, I also a Mojave user and I do my backups in windowze.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-18 03:49 PM
    Yeah - it's super annoying to do it that way because native links (email links) won't open from Mac apps... same with clicking phone #s won't open in Blend. Annoying.
    12-21-18 10:33 AM
    I'd found a github link that someone maybe repacked the installation file.
    https://github.com/gustavetd/BlackBe...leases/tag/1.0

for me, it doesn't works, but i think it might be work for others.
    anyone tried this?
    12-21-18 11:38 PM
    Thanks for the link
    I'm using Mojave, I'll try that package in a moment, I will post my comments later.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-18 04:02 PM
    Tried to install in Mojave but refuses...

Here's the nag screen

Unable to Install Blend/Link on MacOS Sierra-screen-shot-2018-12-23-12.58.30-am.png
    12-23-18 12:01 AM
    Ahh. Same with mine. I'm also using newest mojave.

Maybe I should install android virtual machine only for blend.
    12-23-18 01:12 AM
    Android virtual machine?
    I don't know that

Do you mean Windowze virtual machine?.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-18 03:27 PM
53 123