I have had a new unlocked Passport for the past year that I would really like to use. I would like to backup my Z10 so that I can restore the data, mainly BBM messages, to my Passport.

My Z10 and my Passport are on the latest BB10 OS.

BlackBerry Link is also the latest version on all of my computers and laptops. I can do a backup of the Passport but not the Z10.

When I try to do a Quick Backup, Full Backup or a Custom Backup, the result is the following error...

Backup did not complete
    Verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry Link, and try again

When I try to click Configuration for a Custom Backup, the result is the following error...

No data available for backup

Both the Z10 and the Passport can synchronize fine but only the Z10 cannot do a backup or be recognized in Remote File Access.

I have read all posts on CrackBerry and other websites discussing the issue and tried every possible solution. Nothing has worked.

I have removed every app as well other than the ones that cannot be removed.

I suspect that the reason that I can't do a backup is the same reason that the Z10 does not show up in Remote File Access.

In BlackBerry Link, with both devices connected, the Z10 and Passport are both connected via USB cable and listed as "connected" under devices. Switching cables does not change the outcome.

Unfortunately, only the Passport is listed in the Remote File Access section. Nothing I have tried will put the Z10 in the Remote File Access section and nothing I have tried will allow BlackBerry Link to do a backup of the Z10. The passport shows up in all BlackBerry Link programs on 4 computers but not the Z10.

It's like Link doesn't see the Z10 from a backup or a remote file access perspective.

I tested it with BlackBerry Protect and I can send text, ring and lock instructions to both the Passport and Z10.

I am literally at a loss to get my Z10 to be backed up or seen in Remote File Access.

All I really want are my BBM messages. I don't care about the contacts, emails, photos, downloads and such because those are synchronized to two of my 4 computers. The SMS text messages have 3rd party alternatives to back them up and restore them.

BBM messages are what I don't want to lose because I have many years of messages with important contacts.

Even an alternative to export my BBM messages to HTML or other means would be great but I don't think such a solution exists at the moment.

I am hoping that 10.3.3 might resolve any possible corruption issues on the Z10 that might be causing this problem but that's a long shot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marc
    09-26-16 07:18 AM
    Have you tried creating the backup on a different computer/laptop?

Got the same issue, where my Z30 cannot backup on Mac OS, while it does backup on Windows. (Same machine with bootcamp, so it's no hardware issue)
    09-26-16 08:16 AM
    I can backup my Passport on all 4 of my computers (2 Windows 7 and 2 Windows 10).

The Z10 won't backup but will sync.

Marc

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 09:16 AM
    You may want to try Sachesi. It has a backup function.
    09-26-16 10:51 AM
    OP, I believe you can't transfer your BBM messages to a different phone. Once you switch your BBM to another phone, you will start anew.
    09-26-16 12:31 PM
    OP, I believe you can't transfer your BBM messages to a different phone. Once you switch your BBM to another phone, you will start anew.
    This is true.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 07:07 PM