I am using the right password and account info. I can sign into the Yahoo webmail and using Outlook on my laptop. This problem occurs with both my Yahoo.ca and yahoo. com accounts. When I tried to delete and re-add the accounts, I get a message saying " at this time your account can't be added. Try again later." So far, the later is 24 hours and it still isn't working. On the Yahoo help website, the blame is being put on Blackberry and people are reporting issues both on BB Passport and BB10 phones. Does anyone know if there was any sort of upgrade pushed out by BB yesterday that would account for this problem? I don't know who to look to for an explanation or solution.
    06-14-18 09:21 PM
    BB certainly hasn't made any changes (at least, not ones that would prevent manual adding of an email account) - you can be assured that the changes were at Yahoo.

But that begs the question: why would you be using Yahoo email in 2018? Yahoo is essentially a failed company that's effectively been on life support for years already - in a vegetative state - and while that's technically "not dead", it also means their support is lacking and they are WAY behind the times. And let's not mention the MULTIPLE data breaches and the fact that they covered them up for YEARS without informing their userbase that they'd been "pwned" by hackers.

If at all possible, do yourself a huge favor and migrate to something better. Yahoo is 20th Century, not 21st.
    06-14-18 09:52 PM
    BB certainly hasn't made any changes (at least, not ones that would prevent manual adding of an email account) - you can be assured that the changes were at Yahoo.

But that begs the question: why would you be using Yahoo email in 2018? Yahoo is essentially a failed company that's effectively been on life support for years already - in a vegetative state - and while that's technically "not dead", it also means their support is lacking and they are WAY behind the times. And let's not mention the MULTIPLE data breaches and the fact that they covered them up for YEARS without informing their userbase that they'd been "pwned" by hackers.

If at all possible, do yourself a huge favor and migrate to something better. Yahoo is 20th Century, not 21st.
    True, but it's still great as a burner email. 😉
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-14-18 09:55 PM
    I am using the right password and account info. I can sign into the Yahoo webmail and using Outlook on my laptop. This problem occurs with both my Yahoo.ca and yahoo. com accounts. When I tried to delete and re-add the accounts, I get a message saying " at this time your account can't be added. Try again later." So far, the later is 24 hours and it still isn't working. On the Yahoo help website, the blame is being put on Blackberry and people are reporting issues both on BB Passport and BB10 phones. Does anyone know if there was any sort of upgrade pushed out by BB yesterday that would account for this problem? I don't know who to look to for an explanation or solution.
    The list of possible fixes for this are enough to leave Yahoo behind.

https://crackberry.com/unable-integr...ry-these-fixes

tl;dr. Yahoo is trash.
    Thud Hardsmack and Sime0n_S like this.
    06-14-18 10:01 PM
    Thanks all. Yes, I understand about Yahoo, but I have too many people around the world who have that e-mail as a contact. I am not prepared right now to go through the process of trying to let them all know of a change. I had already been through that Crackberry list of fixes. Because an earlier suggestion had been to delete my account and re-add it, I can't try some of the later ones. I can open it on my web-mail on my BB browser and that all works well. If there has been no changes with BB, I will go back to the Yahoo forum and keep trying there. Thanks.
    06-14-18 11:17 PM
    There's a 6/14 thread that contains a link to allow "less secure" apps, which seems to have fixed it for some. Hasn't worked for me yet.

I would love to leave yahoo, but my email is through att and they use yahoo??? I log in through att and it takes me to yahoo. So now I have to share all my info with verizon if I want to use my att email???

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 03:32 AM
    I've got so many accounts tied to my yahoo mail that it would probably take over a week to get everything switched over. been using it since, as Troy said, the 20th century.

but, my email works on my Priv, so it's all good. 👍
    06-15-18 04:29 AM
    There's a 6/14 thread that contains a link to allow "less secure" apps, which seems to have fixed it for some. Hasn't worked for me yet.

I would love to leave yahoo, but my email is through att and they use yahoo??? I log in through att and it takes me to yahoo. So now I have to share all my info with verizon if I want to use my att email???

Posted via CB10
    Ironically, Verizon now owns yahoo...

I would advise against using an ISP email account. I made that mistake many years ago, and when I switched from Verizon to Cox I lost all my email as well as access to it. I had to create new accounts on some websites with a new user name because my old one was tied to a nonexistent email.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-15-18 04:34 AM
    I would advise against using an ISP email account.
    Depends on the ISP. I'm not expecting Comcast to disappear any time soon.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-15-18 11:56 AM
    I'm having no issues with Yahoo mail on my Z10 and KEYone. Just confirming that it still works for me

Posted with my trusty Z10
    HershL likes this.
    06-15-18 12:15 PM
    Having a problem Today here on my passport

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 12:20 PM
    Ironically, Verizon now owns yahoo...

I would advise against using an ISP email account. I made that mistake many years ago, and when I switched from Verizon to Cox I lost all my email as well as access to it. I had to create new accounts on some websites with a new user name because my old one was tied to a nonexistent email.
    That makes sense. This is one of those i've had for decades, but I do worry about exactly what you mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 12:39 PM
    Depends on the ISP. I'm not expecting Comcast to disappear any time soon.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    But if you move to an area without Comcast...?
    06-15-18 12:43 PM
    Try this. It worked for me.

Here's the POP info for yahoo:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4724.html

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 12:59 PM
    Setting up a POP account worked for me and my Q10 (as mentioned in the other thread dealing with this issue). But, be forewarned, if you have a lot of mail in you inbox you'll get it all to your phone, whether it's marked "read" or not (normally I keep my InBox cleaned out, but I let it slip the last couple of weeks as I was on vacation).
    06-15-18 04:16 PM
    Two of my 3 email accounts just started working out the blue

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 06:57 PM
    It happen to me this morning on my Z10. I been messing with all day and I figured it out. I delete my yahoo email on my Z10. Then I put it back on and make sure server address is rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com / SMTP server is rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com. then us push if supported is off and sync interval is set to 5 min then it should work. Plus you may of gotten a email from yahoo about a sign in attempt prevented today were you would click it to allow apps to use less secure sign. You could do this first if you got this email and then you should be back in business.
    06-15-18 09:05 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...018-a-1149309/

Posted via CB10
    06-16-18 12:29 AM
    Setting up a POP account worked for me and my Q10 (as mentioned in the other thread dealing with this issue). But, be forewarned, if you have a lot of mail in you inbox you'll get it all to your phone, whether it's marked "read" or not (normally I keep my InBox cleaned out, but I let it slip the last couple of weeks as I was on vacation).
    I'm glad it worked for you but I fixed mine without having to resort to switching to POP or doing any manual setup. The issue can be resolved by temporarily disabling Two-Step verification in your yahoo account, then clicking on Manage App Passwords which should reveal a hidden option to allow less secure apps to sign in.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-18 12:34 AM
    I find turning app password on works well. You need to insert the password to your BB 10 imap settings https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html
    06-16-18 12:40 AM
    Hi, just restored my email. Now they changed the BlackBerry 10 OS from less secure to secure, and you have to deactivate the less secure application option on yahoo settings.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-18 12:53 AM
    I'm glad it worked for you but I fixed mine without having to resort to switching to POP or doing any manual setup. The issue can be resolved by temporarily disabling Two-Step verification in your yahoo account, then clicking on Manage App Passwords which should reveal a hidden option to allow less secure apps to sign in.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I was receiving but unable to send messages from synched Yahoo email on my Q10. Changed the Yahoo option to allow less secure apps to sign in (ironic considering how security-conscious BBry is). Phew! I live to use obsolete technology another day!

Now if I were only able to back up my Q10 or even just the SD card ...
    08-24-18 01:21 PM
    Did you log into your email account in your PC (webmail)? Because Yahoo changed their policies because it was acquired by another company, you have a nag screen that you have to read, check and agree, with out that your email account won't work as usual.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-18 04:50 PM
    I had this problem, how I fixed it was go to a computer and sign into yahoo and change the settings so you can log in from a unsecured device, why that did the trick is beyond me..
    08-24-18 05:00 PM
  25. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    turn off two step verification login
    and you can use it again.

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    08-24-18 09:51 PM
33 12