I haven't fully charged it yet but i would say 80% has gotten me through from 10AM to 6PM with around 30% left now and that's with most of the day browsing the internet and playing games so it looks pretty good so far!

I wonder if theres a way to port the spotify android app over to bb10?
    01-31-13 11:55 AM
    Although im out of contract so could order one from orange tonite, i think im going to skip it and wait for the Q10- i just cant deal with all touchscreen, and seeing the review videos and reading about the issues, i will stick to that philosophy. Even typing this on my playbook is a pain, so i will stick to real buttons.
    My battered but ever reliable 9700 (still running OS5- out of choice)will have to do for a little longer...

I cant put into words how disappointed i am with the lacklustre release, the additional wait for the Q10, and various other things they seem to have dropped or just messed about with......i have been loyal for a very long time and impatiently waiting for this-skipping the rubbish 9900,and others- and if the Q10 sucks im outta here. To what i have no idea, but this is the last chance to keep me as a customer.
    01-31-13 12:26 PM
    if the Q10 sucks im outta here. To what i have no idea, but this is the last chance to keep me as a customer.
    really considering your statement you don't have any viable options. your using OS5 by choice. you have dismissed the 9900 which is arguable the best of the BBs ever made and you hate typing on a touch screen.

FYI typing on the playbook is much harder than typing on the Z10 **** its harder then typing on my 9860. slightly more comfortable in portrait mode but nothing near good. Give it a chance before you Dismiss it you will be pleasantly surprised
    01-31-13 12:48 PM
    really considering your statement you don't have any viable options. your using OS5 by choice. you have dismissed the 9900 which is arguable the best of the BBs ever made and you hate typing on a touch screen.
    The 9900 sucked- i went through several of them(my wife still uses the 9900). Battery life alone was absolutely atrocious and bad enough make me revert back to the 9700 which remains a solid workhorse. 9790 slightly better than 9900 but still a step backwards.

Am open minded and hopeful, and well aware that very few options available. Not dismissing anything until i have tried it- will hopefully get a chance to try a Z tomorrow.
    Several other things are also annoying though, such as no BIS (meaning no data compression/higher usage- huge issue for me as a constant traveller with extremely large data roaming bills to consider), and very silly things like not having an email/inbox icon and having to use the hub... Also reading conflicting info regarding push (or lack of it) and no info about this from blackberry, so again, lots of uncertainty still.
    Am trying to remain optimistic!
    01-31-13 01:06 PM
    Going to Phones 4 U tomorrow and reserving my device to pick up Saturday, best friend is coming with me and doing the same, we're both going for white.
    01-31-13 01:12 PM
    We here in the States are happy for you, jealous, but happy.
    01-31-13 01:17 PM
    Its available in O2 Online Store UK without Contract.

479 GPB, in stock, only uk credit cards and delivery adresses accepted. shipping 3-5 working days.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=v2F7eBWP
    01-31-13 03:11 PM
    This is whats been stopping me leaving work all day to go and get one. I use Spotify pretty much every day at the gym so although I'm not reliant on it I do really want it! WhatsApp, Google Maps and UberSocial are the other things that are missing but I can live without them until they are released.

Arrrghh...I might phone O2 and Phones4U tonight and see who can give me the best deal (although i am tempted by a white Z10 and a free Playbook!)
    There has been reports of people sideloading android apps already, which apparently have delivered rather better performance than on the Playbook, wider app compatibility etc, I've heard Google Nav with turn by turn has been reported to work sideloaded. When mine gets here in the morning I'll see if I can find out how people are doing it and see if I can get that stuff loaded up.
    01-31-13 03:33 PM
    There has been reports of people sideloading android apps already, which apparently have delivered rather better performance than on the Playbook, wider app compatibility etc, I've heard Google Nav with turn by turn has been reported to work sideloaded. When mine gets here in the morning I'll see if I can find out how people are doing it and see if I can get that stuff loaded up.
    If possible can you post a guide up on how to sideload apps, would love to try to sideload spotify on and see if it works. Just dont have a clue where to start as it seems to be different from the playbook method
    01-31-13 04:01 PM
    Well I've ordered my Z10 to be delivered to my local Carphone Warehouse store. Hopefully it won't take too long.
    01-31-13 04:43 PM
    Went into EE earlier had it in my hands but the system crashed so my Orange contact couldn't be transferred to EE got to pick it up tomorrow slightly gutted
    01-31-13 05:31 PM
    Is the BB10 experience really more efficient than OS7? I find that efficiency has never been an issue on OS7. Hopefully all those gestures are not gonna get annoying and cumbersome after the initial honeymoon.
    01-31-13 06:06 PM
    I did my upgrade at one of the shops in Glasgow, and was in and out in 20minutes, the z10 is now plugged into my mac charging with a 64Gb MicroSD in it its a thing of beauty....
    I heard it only supports max 32G ?
    01-31-13 09:10 PM
    I don't think they said whatsapp would be available at launch, he said they were committed to bb10 . . that prob means later . .
    It will take a little longer. I know the guy who is actually building the BB10 app for WhatsApp. Spoke to him yesterday in fact. It's coming but it will be done when it's done.
    01-31-13 09:32 PM
    That's what the specs say, but Kevin confirmed it will take 64GB and work fine.
    01-31-13 09:40 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    How's the browser speed?
    01-31-13 09:45 PM
    If possible can you post a guide up on how to sideload apps, would love to try to sideload spotify on and see if it works. Just dont have a clue where to start as it seems to be different from the playbook method
    You can find the instructions that I'm going to be testing out in the top post of this linked thread

From that, it seems that it is very similar to side loading onto the playbook, identical in fact but I will let you know if I run into any difficulties. As far as I know spotify wouldn't play ball with the playbook app player, so no promises on compatibility with BB10 via that route either, although the new app player has been said to work far better. Anyway, if I can find a BAR I will give spotify a try and report back some time today.
    01-31-13 09:50 PM
    That's what the specs say, but Kevin confirmed it will take 64GB and work fine.
    yea im tempted to get one, when i try take a 1080p video it tells me it cant to my card as its not class 4 or better (yea, like i know the difference lol). obviously i can use the on board for video, but as i have an LE device coming i want everything portable
    01-31-13 09:55 PM
    Of course I've got to get used to the touchscreen but messaging friends on BBM does feel somewhat slower in my opinion. With active frames, BBM isn't always on but it does an animation while opening the app whereas on BBOS7 it really is instantaneous. Not a big deal but a little "grr"
    I'm curious why you keep closing it then, if you use it a lot. Mine's mostly open all the time so it's faster than merely "instantaneous". ;-)
    01-31-13 10:16 PM
    i dont use spotify...

does it have a website?
    01-31-13 10:21 PM
    Nor is spelling
    L O L....
    01-31-13 11:11 PM
    is the news about profile customisation true that when u apply silent mode fr bbm even calls go in silent ,
    02-01-13 01:51 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry 10 Smartphone - US

Expandable memory: Removable microSD memory card – slot under battery door (Up to 64 GB)
    02-01-13 01:57 AM
    How's the browser speed?
    it's very fast, mind you I'm on 4G with EE so i guess it should be. downloading apps like bloomberg took literally seconds.
    02-01-13 02:05 AM
    can some 1 tell me abt the profiles thing? n is the camera really awesome
    02-01-13 02:10 AM
135 12345 ...