I was surprised by Blackburn Council's response, even though it was a very nice response with some promising hope that they haven't abandoned BlackBerry. If only I could get BB to listen...

Email
    Good Morning

Thank you for contacting BwDBC

Your Call downloads for citizens using Blackberry devices extremely small (less than 3%)

We do support most Blackberry devices, however v10.2 is on a different operating system to the traditional Blackberry. We are in the process of making Your Call compatible with these different BB devices; the difficulty is that since it was announced a few weeks ago that Blackberry as a company was in trouble, communication back from Blackberry has been extremely difficult. Therefore, getting support from Blackberry to achieve this is taking longer than anticipated.

We appreciate your concerns, please be assured that we are working towards a resolution

Kind Regards
    Customer Services

Email
    TO: [email protected] <[email protected]>

Hello

Could you kindly please advise when you will update you BlackBerry version of the app for BB10.2 ?

The development on this app seems to be very slow and council services should have been implemented in mobile applications at a speedier rate considering there are dedicated teams working on them.

I look forward to your response.

Regards

Imran
    11-21-13 06:44 AM
    Time to install a leak and download the Android version

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 O2 UK
    11-21-13 11:03 AM
    On a side note, are you happy that your council tax money is being spent on developing apps for exotic and obscure mobile operating systems? Wow. Maybe they need to start charging you more tax so you can have the latest apps on your phone - yay!
    11-21-13 11:26 AM
    On a side note, are you happy that your council tax money is being spent on developing apps for exotic and obscure mobile operating systems? Wow. Maybe they need to start charging you more tax so you can have the latest apps on your phone - yay!
    Don't be daft, it costs someone 20 mins to convert an. Apk to a .bar. How much council tax money is that? Bugger all, I suspect!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 O2 UK
    11-21-13 11:32 AM
    Send it to Alec Saunders on twitter, he can reach out and help. Their response is stupid

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:13 PM