Anybody think text messages needs an update. New look, new feel. And I think attachments needs to include pictures and videos sent in the conversation. I think BBM should also get that feature. Also in the share framework group chats should be included instead of just individual chats. I think personally I'm not happy with 10.3's new look. I think more could have been done, specially looking at how android L looks and acts. I think BlackBerry needs to work on a new look.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:28 PM
    It's tough they are trying a clean cascades look. Unfortunately changing those views ripples out to many programs.

For me it seems OK, what changes are you thinking?

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    01-04-15 02:11 PM
    I think personally I'm not happy with 10.3's new look. I think more could have been done, specially looking at how android L looks and acts. I think BlackBerry needs to work on a new look.

Posted via CB10
    Have to agree with you.

Nothing like if they could provide it as an end user option - to choose between the old (upto 10.2) and new 10.3 UI. Especially with what they have done with the System wide action triage.

They've basically just reshuffled the icons and made the most frequent used one bigger and in the middle but somehow the colours (light blue and green), and the "trying to look like an iPhone Home button" thing is quite off putting (at least for me personally).

On a touchscreen only device (ignore the Classic for a moment) the user is always looking at the screen - there aren't any chances of mis-taps that the action triage would supposedly eliminate.

Plus the "before" one looks more homogeneous.

UI and UX update-img_1399325234734.jpg

CB10 @ Q5
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-04-15 02:51 PM
    Well 10.3.1 looks good. It looks better than 10.2. I just think the OS isn't finished. They have a smooth idea and they have a "cards" feeling so why not go with a more smother cards feel.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:27 PM
    Anybody think text messages needs an update. New look, new feel. And I think attachments needs to include pictures and videos sent in the conversation. I think BBM should also get that feature. Also in the share framework group chats should be included instead of just individual chats.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with these ideas especially the group chats!!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:43 PM
    I don't know what to think. On XDA users request a feature and a month later it's included in the next update of some custom OS version, developed by a bunch of grade 12 students. BlackBerry's professional developers need a year to put a new skin, a few new features (some already existing in 3rd party apps) and do some OS optimizations. Amazing!
    01-04-15 11:25 PM
    BlackBerry 10 isn't android

In Squircle I Trust
    01-04-15 11:33 PM

In Squircle I Trust
    Barely!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 11:59 PM
    So, is it much harder to modify or there are no good BB10 developers?
    01-05-15 12:08 AM
    I agree that the Text message app needs a complete re-think. I don't use BBM, but if it's anything like the Text app, then it needs it too.

My problem is the whole layout in 10.3.1. It's just too jammed up with the action bar right above the keyboard. All to often when I try to flick a word along the top of the keyboard row, I end up picking one of the actions instead. I've sent way too many incomplete texts with the send button being right above the "I" and "O" key.

I actually preferred the "send" button location from 10.2, when it was at the top. They moved it down in 10.2.1.

I also don't like the new text entry box, and how it starts as a line in the action bar. The text is actually smaller there too and is real hard to edit.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 06:40 AM
    SMS is SMS. There is only so much polishing a turd can take.
    01-05-15 07:40 AM
    SMS is SMS. There is only so much polishing a turd can take.
    True. That's not to say that the overall look and feel couldn't be better. Right now BBM and the text app look crowded and jam packed like a concert. People want smaller screens but won't address this. I personally think a 5.5 to 6 inch screen with little bezels will complement BlackBerry 10. That room gives them space to build out active frames, text app, BBM, and other things. It's like BlackBerry just keeps throwing in features but ain't worried about clutter.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 08:10 AM
    I actually preferred the "send" button location from 10.2, when it was at the top. They moved it down in 10.2.1.
    It happens to me quite often to send incomplete messages for this very same reason. This "designer" who placed the Send button on top of I and O must be fired right away along with the quality control team.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 08:28 AM