Apologies if this is already in the works.

I've found that the UI makes it easy to call a number, so long as it's in my contacts list. However, if I'm looking at a web-page, or have a phone number in a note/document, the Z10 isn't as good at recognizing the phone number as dial-able as my previous 9700. That'd be "okay", if I were able to copy that phone number and paste it into the phone dialer.

I was thinking that holding down the middle volume control key to voice-dial must help, but since the voice command app takes over the screen, I still need to remember the number.

EsJayDee likes this.
    02-08-13 04:32 PM
    Thanks for creating an account and asking for the appropriate help. Much better than the tantrum throwers on this forum. I am sorry I don't have an answer for you because I don't have a BB10 phone yet. Just wanted to say I appreciate the way you addressed your issue
    02-08-13 04:35 PM
    There are several UI issues and inconsistencies
    If I receive a text and want to copy the phone number to a contact, there is no way to do it.
    A lot of inconsistencies.
    poppycross001 likes this.
    02-08-13 04:37 PM
    There are several UI issues and inconsistencies
    If I receive a text and want to copy the phone number to a contact, there is no way to do it.
    A lot of inconsistencies.
    Funny, I got a BBM the other day and my contact asked me to call him. He included the number in the text and all I had to do was tap the number and it called right away.

EDIT - Just for testing purposes, I emailed myself my work number, opened the email and again, tapped the number and it proceeded to call.

EDIT 2 - If you want to copy the number, press and hold the phone number. Options show at the side with copy, add to contacts etc....
    02-08-13 04:42 PM
    Missed the point. I want to copy and paste the number from one application (text) to another (contacts), not call the number.

Now do you understand?
    02-08-13 04:44 PM
    I am not sure, but I think I saw in another thread that you have to hold down on the number for 3 seconds and options will pop up. It might be in this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-stuff-765658/

Phone

You can add a contact to speed dial and it'll appear at the top of screen.

During call you can press and hold mute button to hold the call.

Taking notes during call will automatically save them in Remember app.

To add a number from the call log to an existing contact, just hold down on the number on the call log and wait for options to pop up. Then you simply select 'Add to contacts'.

Yep it was that thread.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-08-13 04:54 PM
    Missed the point. I want to copy and paste the number from one application (text) to another (contacts), not call the number.

Now do you understand?
    Read Edit #2
    02-08-13 04:56 PM
    I found this thread searching for a way to paste my wifi password. Joke's on me, there's no copy & paste in BB10, just gimped app-level pasting..

Relying on an app to allow/enable copy/paste ******* blows. They should have done what MS did in W8, just support proper, real copy & paste (ctrl+c, v). Apple's ****ty touch & wait UI is the worst thing to happen to mobiles, can't believe BB decided it would be a good idea to copy their inferior approach for editing. I honestly can't say enough bad things about it.

And now it's in BB10
    02-08-13 04:59 PM

Now do you understand?
    Judging by his latest reply, he clearly does not. Or he's trying to be funny..
    02-08-13 05:02 PM
    Stop being an ***. The issue was addressed. There was, and is, a solution to copying and pasting a number and adding it to contacts. That's what was asked and that's what I addressed, hence the Edits.
    02-08-13 05:08 PM
    I found this thread searching for a way to paste my wifi password. Joke's on me, there's no copy & paste in BB10, just gimped app-level pasting..

Relying on an app to allow/enable copy/paste ******* blows. They should have done what MS did in W8, just support proper, real copy & paste (ctrl+c, v). Apple's ****ty touch & wait UI is the worst thing to happen to mobiles, can't believe BB decided it would be a good idea to copy their inferior approach for editing. I honestly can't say enough bad things about it.

And now it's in BB10
    Ok like if you will be able to do that copy and paste shortcut in wp8, and BTW BB10 has copy and paste,if you have not used it how do you know it doesn't?
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-08-13 05:08 PM
    Man, a guy asks for help and the thread gets Trolled by multiple Trolls. I need a break from Crackberry. This Sh!t is getting outta hand in almost all the threads.
    bert106 likes this.
    02-08-13 05:15 PM
    Stop being an ***. The issue was addressed. There was, and is, a solution to copying and pasting a number and adding it to contacts. That's what was asked and that's what I addressed, hence the Edits.
    It did work. I definitely was on a field earlier today which didn't bring up the menu, but I went into the dialer, tried it and it works. Thanks.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-08-13 05:16 PM
    Man, a guy asks for help and the thread gets Trolled by multiple Trolls. I need a break from Crackberry. This Sh!t is getting outta hand in almost all the threads.
    You do need a break. You are getting stressed out and you don't even have a Z10 to enjoy all sorts of new frustrations. You should definitely take a break.
    02-08-13 05:18 PM
    It did work. I definitely was on a field earlier today which didn't bring up the menu, but I went into the dialer, tried it and it works. Thanks.
    Just to add, I didn't do that from the phone dialer, it was done from the body of the email. Just wanted to make sure you don't tap to dial and hang up every time simply to copy and paste a number
    02-08-13 05:21 PM
    Ok like if you will be able to do that copy and paste shortcut in wp8, and BTW BB10 has copy and paste,if you have not used it how do you know it doesn't?
    I'm having trouble making sense of your sentence, particularly the first part. Also, I was referencing W8, not WP8.

I have the Z10. There's no system-level copy & paste. Instead, it relies on an app to allow pasting. As njblackberry pointed out, I can't paste a phone number. And I can't paste a wifi password either.

Maybe you should get/use a Z10 first, hm?
    02-08-13 05:21 PM
    Thanks for the replies. The information about contacts, and what you can do when taking a call, was informative.

I'm not interested in the other messages trolling... so I won't address that.

Let me give you an example of what I mean in my suggestion.. I'll use Crackberry's store as an example:
    1. I've ordered an accessory in Crackberry's store. I've got a correction to make to my order, or have an inquiry. I want to call them (but I don't need to add them as a Contact...sorry, Kevin! I love the store... just not that much).
    2. I visit this page: Customer Care | ShopCrackBerry --Hey, there's a phone number!
    3. I want to be able to copy that phone number and paste it in the dialer (ok, OR call it directly by pressing and holding)

Right now, I need to memorize that number. It would be great to be able to paste the number from that webpage!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-08-13 05:30 PM
    I'm having trouble making sense of your sentence, particularly the first part. Also, I was referencing W8, not WP8.

I have the Z10. There's no system-level copy & paste. Instead, it relies on an app to allow pasting. As njblackberry pointed out, I can't paste a phone number. And I can't paste a wifi password either.

Maybe you should get/use a Z10 first, hm?
    Been testing it for two months now, and yes i got you point but i was pointing how you talk about how copy and paste works on a computer vs on a mobile device, and i can copy and paste phone numbers and wifi passwords just as i can copy and paste anything else, is not dependent on apps is a core feature, which btw you can disable if you are on BES conection...
    02-08-13 05:31 PM
    2. I visit this page: Customer Care | ShopCrackBerry --Hey, there's a phone number!
    Right now, I need to memorize that number. It would be great to be able to paste the number from that webpage!
    Oddly enough i cannot even copy from the computer lol, it might be a specific page thing, have you tried somewhere else?
    02-08-13 05:36 PM
    Thanks for the replies. The information about contacts, and what you can do when taking a call, was informative.

I'm not interested in the other messages trolling... so I won't address that.

Let me give you an example of what I mean in my suggestion.. I'll use Crackberry's store as an example:
    1. I've ordered an accessory in Crackberry's store. I've got a correction to make to my order, or have an inquiry. I want to call them (but I don't need to add them as a Contact...sorry, Kevin! I love the store... just not that much).
    3. I want to be able to copy that phone number and paste it in the dialer (ok, OR call it directly by pressing and holding)

I see what you mean. I just went to a site that has a number on it and yes, it wouldn't simply recognize it and dial. What I did was press and hold on the number. It may highlite the whole line, and if it does, just toch the "teardrop" and move it to where you want, then tap the highlited area and the side bar should pop up where you can copy. I hope this helps.
    02-08-13 05:41 PM
    Oddly enough i cannot even copy from the computer lol, it might be a specific page thing, have you tried somewhere else?
    actually I just copied the 866 number from the Contact Crackberry Canada page and it worked fine.
    02-08-13 05:43 PM
    umm i can't copy on the US page, that is odd
    02-08-13 05:44 PM
    umm i can't copy on the US page, that is odd
    That's bizzare. I wonder why that is? Guess you'll need a pen and paper then
    02-08-13 05:52 PM
    I can definitely copy the number. I just can't paste it in the Dialer directly--I would need to create a contact first to dial it.
    I'd rather be able to do this without that intervening step of creating that Contact

Hopefully, this could be an improvement in an upcoming software update.
    02-08-13 05:52 PM
    I can definitely copy the number. I just can't paste it in the Dialer directly--I would need to create a contact first to dial it.
    I'd rather be able to do this without that intervening step of creating that Contact

Hopefully, this could be an improvement in an upcoming software update.
    Ah yes. Hmmmm... I see where you're coming from. I guess that's something that should be addressed.
    02-08-13 06:00 PM
39 12