I admittedly don't know how these things usually go but I assume the big announcements part is done for BlackBerry Live.

That's unfortunate because there was still no mention of PlayBook 10 and each day that goes on this point continues to screw PB early adopters even deeper.

Disappointed. And I've never even owned a PlayBook.

~STV
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-16-13 04:01 PM
    As a multi playbook owner I don't think I've been screwed, especially when I purchased the first one there was no mention of BB10.

Even now and I speak only for myself, it doesn't bother me one bit that the PB doesn't have BB10.

However I am like you concerned the issue wasn't addressed. Simply because as a company fighting the image of coming back from the brink I think they should have more of a forthcoming approach to issues.

I'm finding their silence on it rather odd. Some part of me feels that BBRY has something up their sleeves and are going to do something really special with the PB really soon.
    05-16-13 05:39 PM
    I would forgive the delay if PlayBook getting BB10 is done right, which means BB10 as a whole is updated for orientation universality allowing for home screens and gestures to work in landscape and portrait.

And also a way to invoke split screen multitasking between two open active frames would be awesome for the PlayBook. Since the OS will be the same hopefully, the phones will have it too but it will suck on the QWERTY models. Maybe the split screen multitasking would be better left as a landscape only feature therefore for Z10 and PlayBook only. I don't know. Just brainstorming.

~STV
    05-16-13 07:21 PM
    The main issue will be playbook designed landscape plus only has 1gb of ram which BB10 will struggle with.. I am a playbook owner and would love to see BB10 on there with great connections with my Q10, will have to see how it pans out.

Right now I'm pleased they're focusing on BB10 and adding to it improving the OS at an alarming rate.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 07:27 PM
    OK I'll bite. Absolutely trolltastic post. Not expecting 10 on my PB. Even if released i think i would potentially not upgrade it. The fact is you don't have any basis to feel screwed; i have used PB for over a year and it has performed spectacularly. IgotPlayBookandILoveit.
    05-16-13 07:32 PM
    OK I'll bite. Absolutely trolltastic post. Not expecting 10 on my PB. Even if released i think i would potentially not upgrade it. The fact is you don't have any basis to feel screwed; i have used PB for over a year and it has performed spectacularly. IgotPlayBookandILoveit.
    Not trolling at all. Reiterating frustration and uncertainty I see widespread on the forum from folks that bought the PlayBook and were essentially promised things that are just now coming to BB10.

~STV
    05-16-13 07:55 PM
    I'd be happy with Bridge functionality restored between BB10 and PB

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:44 AM
    I just want a better OS ie browser then it has now. Bookmarks etc.

It's not done yet!

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-17-13 07:31 AM
    Playbook owners are still ahead of Touchpad owners
    danielrivers likes this.
    05-17-13 12:41 PM
    Honestly if they hadn't mentioned that there would be a PB10 OS I would be just fine, with the 2.1 that took ages to come, which is way better than PBOS 1.0. I'm still pretty OK , but BB10 being so snappy and all would be very nice on the PB.
    05-17-13 12:51 PM