This only displays mobile network, not data, as a quick toggle.

Posted via CB10
    You are incorrect. It displays both Mobile Network and Data Services. Look again.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-01-17 08:07 PM
    You are incorrect. It displays both Mobile Network and Data Services. Look again.

What is being asked for is a toggle, the way airplane mode can be toggled on and off, mobile network, wifi, bluetooth, NFC.

Not a big deal to me. But that is what some want for data.
    01-01-17 08:21 PM
    The constant reminder to update to 10.3.3 popping up every 6 hours.
    Nag, nag, nag....
    01-02-17 12:04 AM
    Onenote works very well using Android app on my Passport. What version are you using?

Posted via CB10
    I have the same and good to hear. Honestly, I haven't used it much. I'll work with it some more.
    01-02-17 06:33 AM
    What year is it where you live? If you think the S4 Plus is one of the fastest SoCs "even today", you've obviously never experienced what newer devices can do. Or you live in 2011...
    It will always be 2013 on Crackberry. Always.
    01-02-17 07:01 AM
    What is being asked for is a toggle, the way airplane mode can be toggled on and off, mobile network, wifi, bluetooth, NFC.

Exactly. Thanks for clarifying what I mean.

Despite what Halifax says, there is no data toggle -- you can either toggle mobile or open the mobile settings from the quick setting view.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 07:58 AM

I understand that and that is what I described doing allows. As I stated earlier I have discovered this avenue and have been using it for over three years on my Q10 without issue. It works sweet and simple.

01-02-17 10:31 AM
    Exactly. Thanks for clarifying what I mean.

Despite what Halifax says, there is no data toggle -- you can either toggle mobile or open the mobile settings from the quick setting view.

Posted via CB10
    Opening the Mobile Settings gives you the Data Services toggle. It works. What is the problem, is one tiny step too much for you?

01-02-17 10:34 AM
    Opening the Mobile Settings gives you the Data Services toggle. It works. What is the problem, is one tiny step too much for you?

Nope, not too much for me and there's no problem. Just stating minor BB10 annoyances as per the thread, and that you're wrong about a data toggle in quick settings.

Happy new year!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 10:56 AM
    I understand that and that is what I described doing allows. As I stated earlier I have discovered this avenue and have been using it for over three years on my Q10 without issue. It works sweet and simple.

As I say, no big deal to me, but, no.

One can toggle the mobile network off in quick settings simply by tapping on the mobile network icon. Tapping to the right of the icon opens the network settings screen. This is no great shakes and anyone using BB10 would have noticed this in no time at all.

Yes, the there are toggles on the mobile network settings screen, and from there you can toggle data off. But that is not what is being asked for. You are saying the feature being asked for is already there, but it is not.

What is being asked for is a way to toggle data there in quick settings directly.

As far as your question, what's the problem with the extra step. A perfectly valid response is why have quick settings? Why provide the feature of toggles directly in the quick settings anyway? The answer is to save steps, one step here, one step there...

It's no big deal to me. But you cannot claim the feature being asked for is there. It simply is not.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-02-17 10:56 AM
    Come on Halifax, read the OP again with the emphasis on the word "quick".

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    01-02-17 11:35 AM

The thread is ugliest warts, not minor annoying pimples.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-02-17 11:58 AM

It is quick.

01-02-17 12:06 PM

It's no big deal to me. But you cannot claim the feature being asked for is there. It simply is not.
    It is there, just a quick tap and it's toggled on or off.

Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-02-17 12:07 PM
    It is there, just a quick tap and it's toggled on or off.

Whatever. I think everyone else knows the reality, so I'm dropping it.
    01-02-17 12:38 PM
    Whatever. I think everyone else knows the reality, so I'm dropping it.
    An excellent idea for all of you taking the fork in the road.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-02-17 12:48 PM
    Some of the random audio bugs are pretty annoying. The "unsupported media format" is probably the most common that users run into but I've had apps play video without any audio from time to time. The only solution for both seems to be a restart.
    01-02-17 02:50 PM
    Don't know if this counts, but the feeling of dread than in about 6 months on any day we might discover that our OS has become obsolete for our purposes due to a new incompatibility.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-02-17 04:31 PM
    How about some basic stuff?

No undo when editing. So when you paste a bunch of text at the wrong spot...

Inability to redefine keyboard layout/virtual row. This one is criminally stupid.

Virtual row interfering with flick up gesture. Super annoying.

No keyboard movement keys. Slows typing.

Long press to get to alternate characters when typing, instead of double-click or Alt- or Sym-key. Slows typing.

Shift-Del does not delete whole words. Slows typing.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 04:44 PM
    Don't know if this counts, but the feeling of dread than in about 6 months on any day we might discover that our OS has become obsolete for our purposes due to a new incompatibility.

Posted via CB10
    I think it counts. Biggest annoyance for me is deciding where to go next. Not going IOS or droid. So far its WP by default. Wouldn't it be great if mobile devices were upgradeable like computers and BB10 became open source? I'd upgrade the components in my Passport and pay for third party OS updates. Pipe dream, its just the denial talking.
    01-03-17 03:49 AM
    Contact app and calendar app cannot handle the birthdays from my contacts properly (Exchange 2013)... how many times did I correct birthdays in Outlook and how many times did the phone change it again, I have stopped counting.
    Also, the linking feature of the contacts app is sometimes a headache.

Coming from OS 7 which had a brilliant contact app, this has been so annoying.
    Apart from the contact app I also miss other features from OS7, like more customized wallpapers/icons and fonts, some features of the OS7 browser and the "Internet Permission"

What grinds my gear on the Passport and only the Passport is the touch display sensitivity when I have a call.
    If I hold the Passport a little bit too near to my head, it starts to dial randomly (interrupting my conversation with beep tones)... the only mitigation for me is to minimize the app.

Edit: The fact that I cannot mute the dial tones (easily) on BB10... just laughable!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 09:39 AM
    No apparent safe mode to save data from a non-booting phone after random reboot.
    01-03-17 12:34 PM
    You know, what? Is there a way to do it?
    01-04-17 12:38 AM
    Some of the random audio bugs are pretty annoying. The "unsupported media format" is probably the most common that users run into but I've had apps play video without any audio from time to time. The only solution for both seems to be a restart.
    That problem is causing sd card. When music and other media are on internal storage, there is no problem, just check it. Personally, I'm changing my sd card once a year, they become obsolete no matter if is class 4 or 10

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-04-17 03:30 AM
    The worst is the Android Player stuck at 4.3 and no built-in support on Google PlayStore.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 03:55 AM
51 123