So I've been using the android Uber app for ages now and not had a problem. Worked great. Today, it told me I had to update to make it work. Tried to update, app constantly crashes. Tried m.uber.com, it redirects me to the app and tells me it needs to update.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Must say I'm getting royally annoyed at the horrible app situation with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:37 PM
    Mobile site should work, you need to request permission through it.
    09-26-15 07:13 PM
    It hasn't worked for months. It need Google Play Services. There's a G-Play service replica put together by a CB member Cobalt. See forum on BB10 Apps.
    09-26-15 07:27 PM
    It hasn't worked for months. It need Google Play Services. There's a G-Play service replica put together by a CB member Cobalt. See forum on BB10 Apps.
    That one doesn't work either. When I open the patched Uber apk it says "Can't install this app". The Play Services and other Android apps install fine though so it's no settings problem.
    Requested access to the mobile site now...
    09-29-15 06:04 AM
    I had the same issue where I had to update the app. I downloaded the latest version from the thread above, and it barely functions. I can't actually search for an address -- I literally have to navigate from the world map to my location.

I now use the mobile site, but I can't enter a destination. Not the worst thing ever, but still -- yet another Android app that used to work on my 'berry.
    09-29-15 07:08 AM
    yet another Android app that used to work on my 'berry.
    BOOM! At this point in time, there should be absolutely no mystery as to why BB10 is slowly dying.
    09-29-15 02:28 PM
    I reject Apple and Google when it comes to their proprietary App Stores. If a company wants my money, their mobile Web site had better work perfectly on any HTML5 compliant browser.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 03:17 PM
    That one doesn't work either. When I open the patched Uber apk it says "Can't install this app". The Play Services and other Android apps install fine though so it's no settings problem.
    Requested access to the mobile site now...
    You can't install the app because you had a previously unpatched version on your phone. Your only option is a device wipe and reload OS.

I've given up on Android apps on my BlackBerry. I just use BlackBerry apps, the core PIM, and I actually don't miss much.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 05:32 AM
    I reject Apple and Google when it comes to their proprietary App Stores. If a company wants my money, their mobile Web site had better work perfectly on any HTML5 compliant browser.

Posted via CB10
    I'm finding many mobile sites better than their apps. Chase, for instance. The app is laggy even on my Android Nexus 6. Mobile site just better.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 05:33 AM
    BOOM! At this point in time, there should be absolutely no mystery as to why BB10 is slowly dying.
    So the fact that an application built for a different operating system that people are running on an emulator originally built as an aid to developers is evidence of a dying platform?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 05:56 AM
    As mad mxd reply m.uber.com works without problem. You have to request permission in order to use the mobile site. I just opened mine and works well

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 06:04 AM
    So the fact that an application built for a different operating system that people are running on an emulator originally built as an aid to developers is evidence of a dying platform?

Posted via CB10
    Because there is no alternative app in the Native OS. No need to be Sherlock Holmes to tell you that this BB10 is slowly dying. Please!
    09-30-15 10:10 AM
    Because there is no alternative app in the Native OS. No need to be Sherlock Holmes to tell you that this BB10 is slowly dying. Please!
    There is a great alternative in the native OS. Just use the Web Browser, as described. People have become so brainwashed that they think they need a dedicated app for every task!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 03:43 PM
    I am using the website. But my previous response doesn't just apply to 1 app like Uber. I have seen & experienced a number of native apps, Andy apps that once worked until it got updated, & native apps that do not get updated & have lost their ability to serve any meaningful function (hello Maps).
    09-30-15 08:18 PM