thank you that works ,do you think you can patch lyft as well ?
    thank you
    Just patched Lyft. I didn't install it though. Give it a try. Let me know if it works and I'll update this post

https://mega.nz/#!zNsgGQyL!ka71A-KAZ...UF0r3BeKyeNWFQ
    rbtg likes this.
    08-02-16 03:14 AM
    Just patched Lyft. I didn't install it though. Give it a try. Let me know if it works and I'll update this post

https://mega.nz/#!zNsgGQyL!ka71A-KAZ...UF0r3BeKyeNWFQ
    thanks a lot ,yours really works with map,i patched it too but map was not visible with lyft ,just with uber i guess i do something wrong with the api keys
    08-02-16 05:10 AM
    thanks a lot ,yours really works with map,i patched it too but map was not visible with lyft ,just with uber i guess i do something wrong with the api keys
    I initially struggled with the patching method once we had obtain our own API keys. And it wasn't just the API keys situation that changed. There was some outdated component in the patcher that needed updating; a new patching exe was required, click this, don't click that. It didn't help that the info was scattered around. I tried doing all that I thought was required and kept failing to patch the apk properly. Luckily, another user managed to get it to work and has posted all of the steps in one place. I followed the steps carefully and I finally managed to patch Uber again a few days ago. Now that I've got everything configured, patching is very easy. You just need to go through the pain of getting it done right for the first time. After that, it's smooth sailing.

These are the instructions I followed (post # 3082):

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post12515811

Note that I'm not just giving you the link to Cobalt's forum that we've all been to before. It's a link to the exact post by 'Nahadoth', with the newest patching instructions
    08-02-16 06:05 AM
    Working again on Passport. I guess our browser is not dead yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 02:29 AM
    Pomidor it is truly a nice gesture for you to share your own app, but guys PLEASE just be careful sharing patched apps - if the patch was made with someone else API keys. If too many people are using the patch with the same API keys it will generate too many hits and I think Google will block it. I believe this is what happened to some of Cobalt's apps so he changed the process so that we had to use our own keys.

This is what Cobalt wrote:
    "Sorry, but my Maps key was shut down by Google (well it was shut down by myself because Google contacted me). This is the end of the Google Maps integration.

What I can offer is the following:
    If anyone is willing to provide a valid Google Maps V2 API key, I will implement it into Play Services. You can create an MAPS API V2 key in the Google Developer console. Don't associate an app name or a signature with it, so that it can work with any app and any signature.

But just keep in mind, that Google will jump at you, because the key will be used by all patched apps. This is no problem for free-ware apps, but if an app has a commercial usage, the key is not allowed to be used. That's why they contacted me."
    pomidor likes this.
    08-06-16 04:55 AM
    i finally figure out what i was doing wrong
    after creating api key i had to enable them for using with google maps then patch the apk ,now everything works fine
    08-06-16 07:11 AM
    Pomidor it is truly a nice gesture for you to share your own app, but guys PLEASE just be careful sharing patched apps - if the patch was made with someone else API keys. If too many people are using the patch with the same API keys it will generate too many hits and I think Google will block it. I believe this is what happened to some of Cobalt's apps so he changed the process so that we had to use our own keys

...."
    The thought has crossed my mind before I posted a link to my first patched app with my own API Key. I did see the post about Google contacting Cobalt, so I wondered.

I figured the risk was worth helping others, and I think that the risk is minimal. Cobalt's patcher was used on all the apps that everybody ever patched. That single key of his was in every patched app, but I patched only Uber and Lyft, so I'm hoping that these two apps alone won't spark Google's interest, and, since Uber and Lyft are freeware apps, I'm thinking that Google won't even care.

I could be wrong. At the end, if Google blocks my key, I'll get a throw-away email address and generate another.

Actually, you just got me thinking. I can generate multiple keys now, and make sure I use a different key everyt ime I patch a new app, or app version, to ensure low-profile visibility for any single key.

THANKS!
    rbtg and Nahadoth like this.
    08-06-16 09:37 AM
    i finally figure out what i was doing wrong
    after creating api key i had to enable them for using with google maps then patch the apk ,now everything works fine
    Maybe that's what I was doing wrong too before it all started to finally work for me. I've never seen instruction on how to generate the keys, I only saw links to where you start the process of generating them, but it's not just clicking a button and you are done, there are a few steps that need to be followed, and nobody every listed those steps...not that I have seen.
    08-06-16 09:40 AM
    I just realized that you are the guy who crated the detailed patching instructions in Cobalt's thread.

THANK YOU for taking the time. You have no idea much you've helped me and others who couldn't get the patching method to work.
    08-06-16 09:51 AM
    Thank you VERY MUCH for the both of you, that's for sure. Especially for the willingness to assist right here, in my thread.
    Thanks guys!
    08-06-16 11:26 AM
    I just realized that you are the guy who crated the detailed patching instructions in Cobalt's thread.

THANK YOU for taking the time. You have no idea much you've helped me and others who couldn't get the patching method to work.
    Hey mate, no problem! I'm a noob at this whole patching thing so it took me about 2 days to figure out and I was getting frustrated, I love my Passport and didn't want to switch. Hope the steps help many people who were stuck like me!
    08-07-16 03:03 AM
    Hey mate, no problem! I'm a noob at this whole patching thing so it took me about 2 days to figure out and I was getting frustrated, I love my Passport and didn't want to switch. Hope the steps help many people who were stuck like me!
    One of the admins put a link to your steps at the end of Cobalt's first post (the patching one), so yeah, this will help many now that the steps have visability
    08-07-16 03:51 AM
    I don't wanna buy my own car (despite being able to) for as long as there is Uber. Guess that should tell as much.
    08-07-16 07:42 AM
63 123