It's strange that we have various experiences, despite having the same Z30. Uber must be patched in mine. Must be the OS Version ya? I think.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 10:31 PM
    It's strange that we have various experiences, despite having the same Z30. Uber must be patched in mine. Must be the OS Version ya? I think.

Posted via CB10
    Mine has worked once last night and today. Other times it won't work.

I think it's a server issue. Some Uber servers will still work. Others will not work.
    07-31-16 11:52 PM
    Got the fix to work with the limited install of Cobalt's files and the patched APK graciously linked in this thread. I just used the Cobalt file with "gms" in it.

The only hitch I had was that when I downloaded the Cobalt file it saved as a long string of digits, characters, etc. and with no "APK" at the end. It did not match the file name in his personal downloads page.

To get the right Cobalt APK on my BB, I had to use my PC, download the file, save it to Dropbox and then install it on my BB from Dropbox.

(If BB10 loses Dropbox, that would be a real problem.)

Thanks all. Now it's working again. DTEK, you can detect my big ______!
    08-01-16 12:05 AM
    Got the fix to work with the limited install of Cobalt's files and the patched APK graciously linked in this thread. I just used the Cobalt file with "gms" in it.

The only hitch I had was that when I downloaded the Cobalt file it saved as a long string of digits, characters, etc. and with no "APK" at the end. It did not match the file name in his personal downloads page.

To get the right Cobalt APK on my BB, I had to use my PC, download the file, save it to Dropbox and then install it on my BB from Dropbox.

(If BB10 loses Dropbox, that would be a real problem.)

Thanks all. Now it's working again. DTEK, you can detect my big ______!
    I did upload the patched Uber apk to Mega using my PC, and then got the link for it on my PC as well. Perhaps the PC link can't be downloaded via a phone. Not sure. But you got it to work, so that's the important thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 02:28 AM
    I was fine with the Uber APK. It was Cobalt's file I had trouble with. Don't know why.

Anyway, I feel my bond with the Passport has reached another level. Like we broke a law together that was meant to be broken. Like had sex on a public beach.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 03:13 AM

Anyway, I feel my bond with the Passport has reached another level. Like we broke a law together that was meant to be broken. Like had sex on a public beach.

Posted via CB10
    What? Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 03:35 AM
    Thanks. I think I downloaded the correct Cobalt download but it just sits in my downloads folder. If I click on it, it does nothing.

Thanks for your patched Uber app. It crashes on sign in though I think nbecause I did not do the Cobalt step one correctly.

Posted via CB10
    Does Cobalt's file have an *.apk extension? If so, then tapping it should just install it. Or, tap it and hold for two seconds, then release and pick "Install" from the menu that became visible.
    08-01-16 06:54 AM
    OT - In the U.S., the taxi drivers and their vehicles have degraded to a point that I would take a bus before I would take a taxi cab. Uber drivers tend to be much safer drivers than cab drivers. The cab (or taxi) cars have blown out suspension and bad brakes. Uber cars tend to be much better/cleaner. The drivers speak good English and are not hostile.
    The vehicles here are required to pass an MVI (Motor Vehicle Inspection) every year or else they are not certified to be on the road. I know what you mean about the language issue. It is very frustrating to live in an English speaking city and not find that many English speaking drivers.

We're way off topic and had better drop this now.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    08-01-16 07:08 AM
    uber works fine on my Z30 vzw ,no need to patch it anymore just download the latest app and install it
    Interesting.

I just deleted my recently patched Uber installation and installed the most recent (from July 27th) Uber from Google Play Store. It works....without any patching!

Does this mean that we don't need to patch Uber anymore? If so, then all I can say is: "FINALLY"!

correction:

The map shows up, but cars aren't visible, pick-up time has no minutes and there are no buttons at the bottom for picking the type of uber car you want.

Edit 2:

I patched it, reinstalled it, and all is working again (v 3.112.2). I have no idea how uber works for some without patching but doesn't for others. So far, I've always had to patch it.
    Last edited by pomidor; 08-01-16 at 08:35 AM.
    08-01-16 07:19 AM
    The map shows up, but cars aren't visible, pick-up time has no minutes and there are no buttons at the bottom for picking the type of uber car you want.
    Exactly like I've been saying, bro.
    But your patched version works wonder for me. I can't thank you enough.
    08-01-16 07:38 AM
    Exactly like I've been saying, bro.
    But your patched version works wonder for me. I can't thank you enough.
    NP

Here's the latest version of Uber I just patched:

https://mega.nz/#!DNlXGZYJ!es5d03IUF...Q2LSOSiblmDHIE

The one I linked before was an earlier version. They both work, but the newer one will be alive for longer before Uber blocks it and forces us to install the next newest one
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    08-01-16 08:40 AM
    NP

The one I linked before was an earlier version. They both work, but the newer one will be alive for longer before Uber blocks it and forces us to install the next newest one
    Again, thank you very much! It works splendid!
    08-01-16 09:18 AM
    NP

thank you that works ,do you think you can patch lyft as well ?
    thank you
    08-01-16 09:40 AM
    Here are detailed instructions on how to get E V E R Y app to work properly, every. single. time.

1. Sell you BB10 device or confine it to a desk drawer with all your other old BlackBerry devices (as I did).

2. Buy a Priv or DETEK50

3. Install all your favorite apps.

4. Enjoy!
    08-01-16 10:19 AM
    Here are detailed instructions on how to get E V E R Y app to work properly, every. single. time.

1. Sell you BB10 device or confine it to a desk drawer with all your other old BlackBerry devices (as I did).

2. Buy a Priv or DETEK50

4. Enjoy!
    Don't give up your day job. A comedian you are not.

08-01-16 10:25 AM

Keep that death grip on your (insert you BB10 device of choice here), I'm sure your countrymen will appreciate your "support"!

Nothing comedic about my comments only very liberating to support my friends to the North while having an awesome, stress-free device that does it all. I'm tempted to try the DETEK50 as well but would miss the awesome camera on my Priv.
    08-01-16 10:34 AM

I could've sworn I heard nervous laughter from your end.

*A3-A20
    08-01-16 10:42 AM

2. Buy a Priv or DETEK50

4. Enjoy!
    i tried to do that and i'm back to my Z30 ,i feel to comfortable with it but i have to use a second android device for things that Z30 doesn't do
    i own a lot of devices ,all on VZW network and so far i need to see how good argon it will be to be able to use just 1 device for all needs
    now when you make this kind of comments you should think about people that can't afford to change a phone for the sake of keeping up with technology and remember we try to help each other not making fun of each other
    08-01-16 10:57 AM
    now when you make this kind of comments you should think about people that can't afford to change a phone for the sake of keeping up with technology and remember we try to help each other not making fun of each other
    Priv prices have dropped dramatically (low 300 range). DETEK50 is 299.00 The price point should be accessible to most.

I didn't comment to make fun of anyone. I too owned and LOVED my Z10 and my Z30, both VZW models. I also suffered with the issues related to apps not working when I needed them or working only after resetting the phone. I was VERY frustrated. No more. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Android OS but I learned and I like it. I still miss BB10 but I don't miss the aggravation related to apps that either didn't function or weren't there. Life is too short for that nonsense.

Don't get me started on VZW. I've moved on to T-Mobile and couldn't be happier.
    08-01-16 11:31 AM
    [info] Back on Topic please : Discuss UBER app as mentioned in OP. Thank You[/info]
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    08-01-16 11:35 AM
    I could've sworn I heard nervous laughter from your end.

*A3-A20
    You had better make an appointment to have your hearing checked.

08-01-16 11:56 AM
    Very grateful for the patched Uber app, I've been making do with the mobile version, which kinda sorta works in so far as I can get a ride but is clunky. Even on Android you soon realize Uber has problems, even if the app has my address drivers are sent a couple of numbers down the street, and the position of cars on the maps has little to do with reality, so I've grown used to getting on the street, locating them by their plate numbers and flagging them down, all very web 2.0. Drivers are also notoriously inexperienced, if courteous, they depend on their phone's maps apps religiously, which in a huge city can mean being stuck in traffic. Still the alternatives in Mexico City are so ridiculously bad (Express kidnapping anyone? Driver smoking? Music blaring out? Sit on chewing gum or worse?) or expensive it's a no brainer.
    08-01-16 11:56 AM
    thank you that works ,do you think you can patch lyft as well ?
    thank you
    I can run it through the patcher tomorrow. The patcher and my api keys are at work. I'm heading home now. I'll do it in the morning. I'm on UK time. If Lyft requires patching for exactly the same reason as Uber (Google services and maps), then it should work, but I have never used Lyft or patched it so we won't know until I try tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and rbtg like this.
    08-01-16 12:21 PM
    Confirmed that the mobile site is working again (Kansas City). It was not the past few days.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 07:29 PM
    Confirmed that the mobile site is working again (Kansas City). It was not the past few days.

Posted via CB10
    I've just checked with the browser on my Z30. You're right. It is back to normal on m.uber.com.
    08-01-16 07:46 PM
63 123