For a couple of weeks I was happy I could actually accessed and perused Uber services from m.uber.com and android app on my Z30, but yesterday and today, the app and website can no longer be accessed properly. Everything is there but the list of uber vehicles on the bottom. The Pick-up and Drop-Off map services are also broken.

On the plus side, PayPal and my bank app are still working.

Paypal is mainly because they have completely changed the website and structure into a full HTML 5, making it incredibly comfortable to be accessed from any HTML 5 supporting smartphone and PC browser, even as far as completely remove the needs for a dedicated app. My infinite kudos for them.

My bank app is a BB10 native, so there's no problem there.

But Uber. Dammit.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 08-01-16 at 07:20 AM.
    07-30-16 11:39 PM
    Uber and Lyft don't seem to work properly in the Android runtime that ships with BB10. I wonder if anyone's tried patching the apps to get them to work..
    07-31-16 12:03 AM
    Sorry bhoqeem,

I can't confirm or deny the situation with Uber because even with the latest update, the app still runs. The problem is I'm in Hungary and the service was shutdown here last week because the taxi companies were protesting and got their way. Hope it's back up and running for you soon.

Sent from my Whiteberry Passport
    07-31-16 02:38 AM
    Sorry bhoqeem,

I can't confirm or deny the situation with Uber because even with the latest update, the app still runs. The problem is I'm in Hungary and the service was shutdown here last week because the taxi companies were protesting and got their way. Hope it's back up and running for you soon.

Sent from my Whiteberry Passport
    Thanks, ediggity. I'm just sad that once again I am forced to get an android just to be able to use Uber properly. I need some other android apps as well--I can manage without, but Uber is the most critical to get around in my city. I hate using two phones.

I'm gonna get Rome for this problem. But it still sucks and I'd honestly much prefer BB10. I hate the fact that they are forcing my hands like this.

Thanks again for your concern.
    07-31-16 03:19 AM
    Thanks, ediggity. I'm just sad that once again I am forced to get an android just to be able to use Uber properly. I need some other android apps as well--I can manage without, but Uber is the most critical to get around in my city. I hate using two phones.

I'm gonna get Rome for this problem. But it still sucks and I'd honestly much prefer BB10. I hate the fact that they are forcing my hands like this.

Thanks again for your concern.
    I patched Uber apk, with my own Map keys, a few days ago. Uber works fine on my phone. I just checked it again. Yeap, it's still working.

At the end of the first post of Cobalt's patching thread, there is a link to the newest patching instructions. I followed the steps and successfully patched Uber.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 04:06 AM
    I patched Uber apk, with my own Map keys, a few days ago. Uber works fine on my phone. I just checked it again. Yeap, it's still working.

At the end of the first post of Cobalt's patching thread, there is a link to the newest patching instructions. I followed the steps and successfully patched Uber.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I will try this. Kalis, kalis....
    07-31-16 04:10 AM
    Maybe I need detailed instructions, but I have just done everything listed on Cobalt's Google Play forum, but still unable to access uber properly, and cannot even purchase apps from the Google Play. Now I can only purchase from outside of BB10.

Ay...
    07-31-16 05:52 AM
    Maybe I need detailed instructions, but I have just done everything listed on Cobalt's Google Play forum, but still unable to access uber properly, and cannot even purchase apps from the Google Play. Now I can only purchase from outside of BB10.

Ay...
    Here's the link to the detailed patching instructions in the patching thread:

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services - Page 124 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Now, there are three main threads by Cobalt:

1: The main Landing thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

2: The patching thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

3: Google Playstore on bb10 thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11189556

Read the first post in each thread. Carefully follow the instructions for the components you want to have on your phone and you should be good to go. If you experience problems, post a question in the appropriate thread.

First time I tired following the instructions I got a bit confused and had to re-read the instructions a few times. It will eventually sink in and make sense.
    07-31-16 06:53 AM
    Thank you! I'm not gonna lie to you, it's overwhelming, but I'll try.
    07-31-16 08:03 AM
    I just tried Uber on my phone and it is working fine. I am using the app from the GooglePlay store which I installed back in May using Snap. I do not have the Cobalt patch. I simply installed and it works. I was also able to utilize the mobile site with my Passport.
    07-31-16 11:29 AM
    I just tried Uber on my phone and it is working fine. I am using the app from the GooglePlay store which I installed back in May using Snap. I do not have the Cobalt patch. I simply installed and it works. I was also able to utilize the mobile site with my Passport.
    A couple of months ago, both options of the web and app of Uber didn't work, one can only went as far as the login screen. Then, weeks ago, it started to work normally, for weeks (I was so happy). Now, one can pass safely through the login screen, but the list of vehicle services on the bottom is gone, the Picking Up and the Dropping maps don't work.

Judging from your description, is it possible that the errors are geographical in nature?
    07-31-16 12:10 PM
    You are not the first person who said that Uber works for him without any patching. I have a z30. I always had to patch. There must be something unique with the Passport. Strange.
    07-31-16 12:11 PM
    A couple of months ago, both options of the web and app of Uber didn't work, one can only went as far as the login screen. Then, weeks ago, it started to work normally, for weeks (I was so happy). Now, one can pass safely through the login screen, but the list of vehicle services on the bottom is gone, the Picking Up and the Dropping maps don't work.

Judging from your description, is it possible that the errors are geographical in nature?
    Where do you live? Maybe Uber has been banned from providing services in your region.

Let's do a quick test. To get Uber to work, you don't need to install everything that Cobalt has provided. You need only two things: Patched uber apk, and patched google services. Get the Services form Cobalt's Main Landing Page I linked previously (Look for "Cobalt's official file share" in his first post, and download the file that has "...gms..." in its name). Cobalt already patched that one so all you have to do is install it on your phone, reboot, and wait for about 5 min (those services take a while to start). And here's a link to the uber APK that I patched recently:

https://mega.nz/#!TNNUwLAA!06NdI_1-o...77QhjKXpabipFk

First remove the Uber that might be on your phone, then install the one from my link. Reboot your phone (just in case), and open up the new uber. It might take a minute to start for the first time. See if it works.
    07-31-16 12:30 PM
    Where do you live? Maybe Uber has been banned from providing services in your region.

Let's do a quick test. To get Uber to work, you don't need to install everything that Cobalt has provided. You need only two things: Patched uber apk, and patched google services. Get the Services form Cobalt's Main Landing Page I linked previously (Look for "Cobalt's official file share" in his first post, and download the file that has "...gms..." in its name). Cobalt already patched that one so all you have to do is install it on your phone, reboot, and wait for about 5 min (those services take a while to start). And here's a link to the uber APK that I patched recently:

First remove the Uber that might be on your phone, then install the one from my link. Reboot your phone (just in case), and open up the new uber. It might take a minute to start for the first time. See if it works.
    I'm in Indonesia, using a Z30.
    Much obliged for the patched link. I will install as instructed and will report back later.
    07-31-16 12:35 PM
    IT WORKS!!!

Holy ****! It works! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Everything is there. I have tried to order a Pick Up and Drop Off, and got the estimated fares. It works!

Yippeee!
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 07-31-16 at 07:35 PM.
    07-31-16 01:10 PM

I honestly couldn't tell you. Odd.
    07-31-16 02:22 PM
    Uber sucks on so many levels, that the fact it has issues on BlackBerry devices is a non-issue.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    07-31-16 04:19 PM
    Uber sucks on so many levels, that the fact it has issues on BlackBerry devices is a non-issue.

Agree. Too bad I need it. There are alternatives on my country, but none yet deemed as better than.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 06:29 PM

Just confirming that this solution worked on my gf's Q10. Thanks pomidor for the patched apk.

We had previously used the same setup on her Q10 until the Android app began working fine as a sort of "wrapper" for m.uber; mainly, as she could update the app without having to patch anything.

At the moment, it seems Uber has done some changes on their server's side as I've encountered similar issues with m.uber using Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop.

Just for the record, when using the unpatched Android app all you get on BB10 is a sort of "wrapper" for m.uber. However, when you have Cobalt's Google Play setup installed and have patched the Uber app, you'll have the same advanced features as Android devices, including trip fares.

The downside to the latter is that you need to patch the app everytime an update comes out.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-31-16 06:46 PM
    Agree. Too bad I need it. There are alternatives on my country, but none yet deemed as better than.

Posted via CB10
    There are a number of issues that come to mind regarding Uber; firstly the driver's are not vetted and regulated, therefore passengers can not be sure that they are being driven by an honest and qualified driver. Secondly, there is no way to verify if they have the proper amount of insurance coverage in case they cause bodily harm or death in a collision that is their fault. The list goes on from there, but those are the top two concerns we have here in Nova Scotia and the primary reason that Uber is not permitted to operate here.

07-31-16 07:47 PM
    There are a number of issues that come to mind regarding Uber; firstly the driver's are not vetted and regulated, therefore passengers can not be sure that they are being driven by an honest and qualified driver. Secondly, there is no way to verify if they have the proper amount of insurance coverage in case they cause bodily harm or death in a collision that is their fault. The list goes on from there, but those are the top two concerns we have here in Nova Scotia and the primary reason that Uber is not permitted to operate here.

OT - In the U.S., the taxi drivers and their vehicles have degraded to a point that I would take a bus before I would take a taxi cab. Uber drivers tend to be much safer drivers than cab drivers. The cab (or taxi) cars have blown out suspension and bad brakes. Uber cars tend to be much better/cleaner. The drivers speak good English and are not hostile.
    07-31-16 08:27 PM
    I am not able to download that patched APK from Mega. It says my memory for html 5 is used up. I honestly don't understand what it means.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 08:43 PM
    I am not able to download that patched APK from Mega. It says my memory for html 5 is used up. I honestly don't understand what it means.

Posted via CB10
    To download from MEGA you need the app or use the browser in desktop mode (not sure if the latter still works though). Just to make things easier, I've copied the apk on my OneDrive, you can download it from here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx...WJ_tJ0&ithint=

Cobalt's workaround is not difficult to setup, just follow the instructions and you should be good to go.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    07-31-16 09:38 PM
    You are not the first person who said that Uber works for him without any patching. I have a z30. I always had to patch. There must be something unique with the Passport. Strange.
    uber works fine on my Z30 vzw ,no need to patch it anymore just download the latest app and install it
    07-31-16 09:46 PM
    Thanks. I think I downloaded the correct Cobalt download but it just sits in my downloads folder. If I click on it, it does nothing.

Thanks for your patched Uber app. It crashes on sign in though I think nbecause I did not do the Cobalt step one correctly.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 10:13 PM
63 123