Completed a ride using my Q10 tonight. Noticed two issues.
    1. GPS location was about 100-150m off. This may have more to do with being in China than being on BB10
    2. The map view is only about the size of a stick of gum, so you really need to be familiar with where you are.
    Thanks! Did you get notifications when your car arrived and when your ride was complete?
    01-02-16 09:23 AM
    Thanks! Did you get notifications when your car arrived and when your ride was complete?
    Yes. Also, I tried a ride earlier in the day and the driver got lost trying to find me (language barrier). When he cancelled I got a notification.

For now I will probably keep using my HTC for Uber rides just because of the small map. If I were using a larger screen BlackBerry then that would not be the case.
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-02-16 05:24 PM
    So I understand that you could finish ride with no general issues, right?
    That is correct. Everything worked fine all the way through receipt and rating.
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-02-16 05:26 PM
    Yes. Also, I tried a ride earlier in the day and the driver got lost trying to find me (language barrier). When he cancelled I got a notification.

For now I will probably keep using my HTC for Uber rides just because of the small map. If I were using a larger screen BlackBerry then that would not be the case.
    It sounds like you most definitely need upgrade to Passport SE ) maps looks great with it! Did you tried to "Zoomed out Full screen" with Q10?
    01-03-16 08:19 AM
    You're making a huge assumption here without even having properly tested the app yourself. This is like saying you got the oven repaired but you haven't yet baked anything in it.

... Otherwise I will assume this is just speculation at this point. Let's see how it tests.
    So, this wasn't speculations after all, app_Developer
    01-03-16 08:33 AM
    Just tried to install the app via Snap. It's ridiculous the permissions it requires... I declined it and deleted it.

I'll keep using m.uber.com with BB10 browser but thanks though for the info.

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876 CB10
    So what you going to do with Blackberry Priv powered by android OS or other upcoming Blackberry devices powered by android OS, which will have no availability to check or uncheck permissions, like you have with BB10OS? )
    01-03-16 08:37 AM
    So what you going to do with Blackberry Priv powered by android OS or other upcoming Blackberry devices powered by android OS, which will have no availability to check or uncheck permissions, like you have with BB10OS? )
    Simple, I'm not going to purchase one. I'm happy with BB10. My next phone will be a Passport SE.
     z30sta100-5/10.3.2.2876 cb10
    01-03-16 08:58 AM
    Can't he just continue to use.m.uber.com with browser like now? I mean eventually, you'll have to go IOS/Android or WP anyways right?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:03 AM
    Simple, I'm not going to purchase one. I'm happy with BB10. My next phone will be a Passport SE.
     z30sta100-5/10.3.2.2876 cb10
    Great choice! I'm enjoying mine PP SE (seriously, loud speakers are much better then 1st generation Passport's)
    01-03-16 09:06 AM
    Can't he just continue to use.m.uber.com with browser like now? I mean eventually, you'll have to go IOS/Android or WP anyways right?

Posted via CB10
    Hope we won't need to I just got this from Blackberry Team via https://twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp :

"Hello, We're very sorry for the inconvenience about the Facebook application. To be honest, we are currently working on updating all applications that is needed to be updated. Not just Facebook but all the application. I don't know the exact date when would the update will be released but rest assured that we will notify everyone about it. ^KO"

I hope this is not just a speculations for me to calm down and we see really huge improvement with next BB10OS update! Update with Virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translations too, so everyone worldwide finally could buy and start using BB10OS devices!
    01-03-16 09:09 AM
    Cool thanks for the update!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:18 AM
    So, this wasn't speculations after all, app_Developer
    Actually, it was speculation. Sometimes speculation works out, and sometimes it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:27 AM
    I have a BB Classic, using BB10. I have tried to use the Uber app in the past and it wouldn't load. I have used the m. website in my browser and it has worked in terms of being able to see available cars and even following my car once it has been requested (request by my iPad) and I could rate the driver. But Uber always refused my repeated requests to be able to get a car while I was using BB10.

Sooo, after seeing this thread this past weekend, I downloaded the Uber app from the Google Play Store (thank you, Cobalt). The good news is that my BB Classic is now more or less functional as an Uber-requesting device. I can order a car, and I can follow the car after it is order, and I can rate the driver. I don't have any GPS location issues worse than my wife has on her iPhone when she requests the card.

That's the good news. The bad news--not fatal but certainly annoying--is that I can specify the pick-up address but not the destination address. When I press "request Uber" on my iPad or my wife's iPhone, it then asks me for the address. With my BB Classic, that never happens, even when I'm in the car. So I have to tell the driver the address after I'm in the car so that he or she can enter it manually. Again, far from the end of the world, but I was curious whether others were having the same issue.

(I would also be curious how using BB10 are being given permission by Uber to use the m. website in their browsers to request cars.)
    01-04-16 10:09 AM
    I have a BB Classic, using BB10. I have tried to use the Uber app in the past and it wouldn't load. I have used the m. website in my browser and it has worked in terms of being able to see available cars and even following my car once it has been requested (request by my iPad) and I could rate the driver. But Uber always refused my repeated requests to be able to get a car while I was using BB10.

Sooo, after seeing this thread this past weekend, I downloaded the Uber app from the Google Play Store (thank you, Cobalt). The good news is that my BB Classic is now more or less functional as an Uber-requesting device. I can order a car, and I can follow the car after it is order, and I can rate the driver. I don't have any GPS location issues worse than my wife has on her iPhone when she requests the card.

That's the good news. The bad news--not fatal but certainly annoying--is that I can specify the pick-up address but not the destination address. When I press "request Uber" on my iPad or my wife's iPhone, it then asks me for the address. With my BB Classic, that never happens, even when I'm in the car. So I have to tell the driver the address after I'm in the car so that he or she can enter it manually. Again, far from the end of the world, but I was curious whether others were having the same issue.

(I would also be curious how using BB10 are being given permission by Uber to use the m. website in their browsers to request cars.)
    While in the app click on fare quote instead of requesting and enter your destination on the top. Also to use their mobile site you have to contact uber and request to be able to use it. I have both working well in case the app fails me I can always fall back on the mobile site.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 10:45 AM
    Thanks. As I indicated in my post, I have been unable to make the mobile site work for requesting cars. I have requested permission and have been refused as long as I am using BB10. I can see my requested car (requested by other means on my account) and I can rate the driver, but not request the car using the mobile site.
    01-04-16 11:21 AM
    Thanks. As I indicated in my post, I have been unable to make the mobile site work for requesting cars. I have requested permission and have been refused as long as I am using BB10. I can see my requested car (requested by other means on my account) and I can rate the driver, but not request the car using the mobile site.
    I told them I never received a text and they fixed it on their end. If that doesn't work use a friend's android or iphone with your info maybe that will work.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 12:37 PM
    Just tried today and works perfect!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 05:31 AM
    Uber app finally works with Blackberry 10 OS!!!-img_20160115_175736.png

Working!

 CA Governor on Passport SE 
    01-15-16 07:01 PM
    Hello - I have tried to connect to Uber through my BB Classic using m.uber, no way, returns an error when signing up, though the credentials are right. Checking the profile, I have had an endless check round going to nowhere as the mobile phone verification remains unchecked, though receiving tons of SMS stating it is activated!
    I've emailed Uber Support but given the number of threads about this issue, I doubt this is going to be fixed sometimes soon - just wondering how the zillions Uber users could overcome that step...
    I have therefore tried through the app download through Google Play. It is now "installed" as checked in my Play applications, but... Nothing happens! No icon to click on, no "open" button, nothing! What did you do to actually access the app?! Sorry if this sounds stupid - and I do feel stupid when trying to use Uber for more than 3 hours uselessly.

Thanks for any help with this.
    02-21-16 01:40 PM
    Had similar issue, I uninstall the app, restarted and tried it again. It works.

 CA Governor on Passport SE 
    02-21-16 03:40 PM
    Has any one noticed there seems to be two versions within the same download:

1.- If you have the patched Google Play Services app from Cobalt installed and running, after you the patch Uber app, you'll see it is the "full" Android app, including within options such as support.

2.- If you don't have GP Services installed, you can run the unpatched app which will give you a simpler version, with exactly the same features as the Mobile Web page.

I noticed this as my gf had GP Services installed on her Q10 and I don't on my Passport.

Granted the second, unpatched, version seems to run more smoothly, but both run on BB10.

In any case, the difference is only having GP Services installed and running a patched version, as in both cases the app was downloaded from Google Play Store and have the same icon.

Could it be possible that Uber has acknowledged that BlackBerry 10 users can run their Android app from GP Store, and so decided to create a "parallel" versi�n?

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    02-21-16 04:28 PM
    Hello - I have tried to connect to Uber through my BB Classic using m.uber, no way, returns an error when signing up, though the credentials are right. Checking the profile, I have had an endless check round going to nowhere as the mobile phone verification remains unchecked, though receiving tons of SMS stating it is activated!
    I've emailed Uber Support but given the number of threads about this issue, I doubt this is going to be fixed sometimes soon - just wondering how the zillions Uber users could overcome that step...
    I have therefore tried through the app download through Google Play. It is now "installed" as checked in my Play applications, but... Nothing happens! No icon to click on, no "open" button, nothing! What did you do to actually access the app?! Sorry if this sounds stupid - and I do feel stupid when trying to use Uber for more than 3 hours uselessly.

Thanks for any help with this.
    You DO NOT need to patch Uber app anymore, just download and install Uber app with Cobalt's Google Play Store and enjoy Uber services

+ If you are running 10.3.2.2876/10.3.2.2836 OS version and you didn't rollback Android runtime, you will be unable to uninstall android apps!

To do this, you need to sideload two .BAR files from this this link/thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lysis-1058115/

Easiest way to sideload those two .BAR files is to install extension for Google Chrome on your computer. Here's the link how to do this:
    How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com

Or you can use Sachesi.

Hope that helps.

++ to make m.uber.com work, you need to request access from Uber itself. Here's the link:
    https://help.uber.com/h/1ed2c9ac-daa...e-09c8aefec8da

Or contact Uber with Uber Help.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 02-22-16 at 12:57 AM.
    02-22-16 12:34 AM
72 123