Do not know if Uber heard my voice and request or it's just a coincidence, but great news everyone! Just from curiosity I downloaded latest Uber android app for my Passport Silver Edition from Google Play Store yesterday and it finally WORKS!!! Here's a screenshot:

Uber app finally works with Blackberry 10 OS!!!-uber-fotke.jpg

No more need for "workaround" with https://m.uber.com/ , now you just need to download android app from Snap, Google Play store or latest Uber apk and you are good to go! YAY!

Now one more thing left to do. I invite you all to unite and spam Uber support and other help desk to thank them and ask them to put this working apk to Blackberry World to make it "native"!

Still so happy for this Christmas gift from Uber! Marry Christmas everyone
    Last edited by novapolskas; 01-06-16 at 07:14 AM.
    12-27-15 09:04 PM
    Since it's Christmas and Uber android app is now working with Blackberry 10 OS, I also want to share this promo code with you my friends. Have a nice first ride!

Uber app finally works with Blackberry 10 OS!!!-uber-kodas.jpg
    12-27-15 10:49 PM
    Are you able to complete a ride now?

Do the notifications work?
    12-27-15 11:15 PM
    It always worked. Just needs to be patched

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 11:16 PM
    Wow, I just loaded it via Snap on my Z10 and it seems to work great. Did they drop Google Play Services?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 11:18 PM
    It always worked. Just needs to be patched

Posted via CB10
    That's the point, no need to patch anymore! It just WORKS NOW!
    12-27-15 11:23 PM
    Are you able to complete a ride now?

Do the notifications work?
    don't know, did not tried yet, but it looks like it works flawlessly, so IMHO it should.

+ just download yourself and share your experience.
    12-27-15 11:26 PM
    don't know, did not tried yet, but it looks like it works flawlessly, so IMHO it should.
    I don't know how you can say "flawlessly" yet since you haven't tried the absolute primary use case of the app, which is calling and completing a ride!

I don't have my passport with me, but I'd be interested to see what you discover, particularly on the notifications. If this now works, then this means Uber is reducing their use of Google services. That would be an interesting development.
    12-27-15 11:35 PM
    I don't know how you can say "flawlessly" yet since you haven't tried the absolute primary use case of the app, which is calling and completing a ride!

I don't have my passport with me, but I'd be interested to see what you discover, particularly on the notifications. If this now works, then this means Uber is reducing their use of Google services. That would be an interesting development.
    now Uber android app should work with ALL Blackberry 10 OS devices, so just download and try yourself.

It looks like they made Uber android app available to every OS who can run android apps, even to those devices which is not approved by Google with Google Play Services! Nice move.

Other thing I found is that if you are android app developer and you are to lazy to create a native Blackberry app, you just need to make without Google+ "sign in" (because it depends from Google Play Services) also create additional Facebook "sign in" and app should start working with Blackberry 10 OS devices.
    12-28-15 12:01 AM
    now Uber android app should work with ALL Blackberry 10 OS devices, so just download and try yourself.

It looks like they made Uber android app available to every OS who can run android apps, even to those devices which is not approved by Google with Google Play Services! Nice move.

Other thing I found is that if you are android app developer and you are to lazy to create a native Blackberry app, you just need to make without Google+ "sign in" also create additional Facebook "sign in" and app should start working with Blackberry 10 OS devices.
    You're making a huge assumption here without even having properly tested the app yourself. This is like saying you got the oven repaired but you haven't yet baked anything in it.

If Uber has in fact completely removed the dependency on Google Play, that is certainly big news for our industry since Uber is a big player here. But again, you can't say that just because the map works! Uber is not a map application, it is an app we use for *transportation*. Someone needs to test this properly. Then this would be an exciting story.

When I return home in 2 weeks I can try it on my passport. Otherwise I will assume this is just speculation at this point. Let's see how it tests.
    12-28-15 12:08 AM
    Now it's just a first month then Uber started to provide it's services in Lithuania and now it's working only in capital Vilnius, I'm living in next biggest city Kaunas which is 100km/60miles away from Vilnius, so this is why it's difficult to try me right now + I found out this only ~12 hours ago, sorry

+ at the moment I did not see any issue.
    12-28-15 12:15 AM
    You're making a huge assumption here without even having properly tested the app yourself. This is like saying you got the oven repaired but you haven't yet baked anything in it.

If Uber has in fact completely removed the dependency on Google Play, that is certainly big news for our industry since Uber is a big player here. But again, you can't say that just because the map works! Uber is not a map application, it is an app we use for *transportation*. Someone needs to test this properly. Then this would be an exciting story.

When I return home in 2 weeks I can try it on my passport. Otherwise I will assume this is just speculation at this point. Let's see how it tests.
    I totally agree with you, but FACT is Uber app is WORKING NOW, before it even did not load

I hope this speculation will not be busted but confirmed soon by our united community who can now test it.

+ Like I said, I'm far away to try it, but I see available cars in Vilnius and at the moment it looks like it works with no issues. Here's a screenshot:

Uber app finally works with Blackberry 10 OS!!!-uber-masinos.jpg
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-28-15 12:23 AM
    It is working here in NYC on my Classic after downloading from SNAP.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 01:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I see:

Uber app finally works with Blackberry 10 OS!!!-uber-taxi.jpg

Did you tried to ride? Does it works like app_Developer asked?
    12-28-15 01:34 AM
    I recently rebooted my Passport so do not have SNAP or Google Play Store. Could someone upload the .apk please?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 03:51 AM
    I recently rebooted my Passport so do not have SNAP or Google Play Store. Could someone upload the .apk please?

Posted via CB10
    Snap is pretty the same as Google Play store. Here is the link there you can easily just download Google Play Store and sign up and don't need to sideload:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

+ here's Uber apk the same version 3.82.3 as I got from Google Play Store, but it's in your own responsibility for downloading it:

http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/6159/
    Last edited by novapolskas; 12-28-15 at 04:07 AM.
    12-28-15 03:55 AM
    Yes it's working..
    On my z10 previous versions were failed to start. But this one is working and showing me rides nearby..it even updates real-time as I kept it opens for 5 mins just to test.

I don't need a ride now so can't test end to end. But it sure looks genuine
    Uber app finally works with Blackberry 10 OS!!!-img_20151228_093814.png

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 08:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did you get notifications as the car arrived and then when the ride was complete? Did they look like standard Android notifications or were they something different/new?
    12-28-15 09:07 AM
    I get - "unable to install this app" in SNAP, whenever I press the Open Installer button...

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 05:24 PM
    Uninstall any patched version before installing an unpatched version.
    12-29-15 03:34 AM
    m.uber.com does everything that the app does and even looks exactly like it. Absolutely no need for an app, especially not a slow android app.
    12-29-15 08:30 AM
    m.uber.com does everything that the app does and even looks exactly like it. Absolutely no need for an app, especially not a slow android app.
    thats what i do i dont even use the app
    12-29-15 09:47 AM
    So ok... can anyone confirm that Uber app works 100% or find some issues?
    12-29-15 05:59 PM
    No s**t! I wouldn't have known if I didn't see this thread. I feel an android port to BB10 is on the way.
    If so that will kill all Nemory's hard work.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    12-29-15 09:32 PM
    App seems to work good.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    12-29-15 09:36 PM
72 123