I know this is going off topic (sorry Andy) but I wanted to update my thoughts on the voice issues.

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking on my Home Computers. Like any speech recognition software, it has to LEARN your voice.
    While I agree the voice recognition and the Assistant were slow at first, after a few days it had my voice down and now HEARS me almost to the sound of my voice.
    It's that fast!

(now back to our regularly scheduled thread!
    Don't worry! It's still in the universal search assistant topic! ;D
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-27-15 07:40 AM
    Those extra steps can really wear your fingers off.
    If you go into shortcuts (in settings) you can create any number of them.
    So with the tap of your keyboard you can have a shortcut for "Search."

As for those extra steps... What's that saying?
    "We don't live in a perfect world....."
    Sorry! I don't understand what you are saying. Why would I want to create a shortcut for "Search"? Even if I could do it, whats the advantage over hitting the Search button on the home screen? Would the shortcut open a different search app or something?
    I'm not sure about Android but iOS quick search is really quick even though I don't like the way they bring up that search box.
    Are you really trying to use this "If You Can't Convince Them....... Confuse Them"?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-28-15 08:45 AM
    also for imdb!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:34 AM
    Thanks! Awesome feature

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:35 AM
    Sorry! I don't understand what you are saying. Why would I want to create a shortcut for "Search"? Even if I could do it, whats the advantage over hitting the Search button on the home screen? Would the shortcut open a different search app or something?
    I'm not sure about Android but iOS quick search is really quick even though I don't like the way they bring up that search box.
    Are you really trying to use this "If You Can't Convince Them....... Confuse Them"?

I try not to confuse the already confused any more than they're confused already.
    and if I can confuse you into taking a POSITIVE view on things rather than complaining than I've done my job!!

BTW: The Moan and groan thread is down the hall and to the right.

khoanguyen2010 likes this.
    03-01-15 10:38 AM
    Vimeo also works

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    03-01-15 05:46 PM
    Vimeo also works

Posted via CB10
    That's news! Thanks for the info! I didn't expect that it worked with these many sites!
    03-01-15 06:43 PM
57 123