I brought up the keyboard on homescreen (2 fingers bottom up) and typed "ebay" but it didn't do anything.
    the universal search app is so slow when you open it for the first time.
    I believe that it works only with physical keyboard. Unfortunately. I have tested it on my Z30 and it doesn't work.
    02-25-15 04:47 AM
    I brought up the keyboard on homescreen (2 fingers bottom up) and typed "ebay" but it didn't do anything.
    the universal search app is so slow when you open it for the first time.
    The same thing happened to me, and I even posted it here, but, last night I read about how some people updated their OS by removing the SIM card and rebooting the phone and using WiFi only. I updated with Sachesi, so I tried this option last night and I got a new 79MB update, and now the assistant is working flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:04 AM
    The Passport has so many new features.
    If you're feeling REAL adventurous, the help and tutorials show every feature and shortcut.

I just got mine and haven't read all the threads( I know..my bad) but I'm just blown away with the keyboard.
    The 16 pre-programmed shortcuts alone are so cool!

OP and all.... thanks for the eBay and other tips!
    Keep 'em comin'!!
    Andy Wijaya and bungaboy like this.
    02-25-15 06:29 AM
    Thanks for the tip, very handy
    Can't seem to make the Amazon one work, but no biggy

Posted via CB10

Do you own them money?
    bungaboy and eldricho like this.
    02-25-15 06:32 AM

It's very interesting ( actually extremely weird) that when your name comes up.. the prediction mode suggests "enzyme!!"

If you look up the definition, I think it comes pretty close!

An enzyme is a protein molecule that is a biological catalyst with three characteristics. First, the basic function of an enzyme is to increase the rate of a reaction. Most cellular reactions occur about a million times faster than they would in the absence of an enzyme.

(Where are you from, anyway?)
    02-25-15 06:44 AM
    it does not always work. typing "ebay" brings up Pay Pal's email to me and pressing enter opens the email. The same with Amazon. But typing "youtube hozier" brings you to Hozier videos on youtube!
    02-25-15 10:04 AM
    NOW thats a 200 Dollar tip! So handy and just cool. BB is always discreet! But I am always on amazon or ebay.

Opening up the app or visiting the browser, etc. And you can type that at the homescreen. This is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!
    02-25-15 10:09 AM
    I thought people already knew this since BlackBerry did a live demo of it.

You can also search YouTube through the BB Assistant and it will launch YouTube with the desired video you want.

Also note that you don't need to type it. You can just say "Search eBay for..." or "Search YouTube for..."
    02-25-15 10:31 AM
    it does not always work. typing "ebay" brings up Pay Pal's email to me and pressing enter opens the email. The same with Amazon. But typing "youtube hozier" brings you to Hozier videos on youtube!
    For me it always work.. Hmm. Maybe you just type too fast. Lol.
    02-25-15 11:26 AM
    I thought people already knew this since BlackBerry did a live demo of it.

You can also search YouTube through the BB Assistant and it will launch YouTube with the desired video you want.

Also note that you don't need to type it. You can just say "Search eBay for..." or "Search YouTube for..."
    Not everyone watched the live demo. Lol. That's also cool with voice assistant. The voice assistant just have to post result a bit quicker. Because the voice assistant, especially in regard of the speed, is not on par with SIRI. That's why until now I'm still using the keyboard as my main input device.
    02-25-15 11:29 AM
    It's very interesting ( actually extremely weird) that when your name comes up.. the prediction mode suggests "enzyme!!"

If you look up the definition, I think it comes pretty close!

An enzyme is a protein molecule that is a biological catalyst with three characteristics. First, the basic function of an enzyme is to increase the rate of a reaction. Most cellular reactions occur about a million times faster than they would in the absence of an enzyme.

(Where are you from, anyway?)
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Not weird at all. Rather simple explanation actually.... I'm on an experimental enzyme replacement therapy for a medical condition I suffer from called Fabrys disease, so it associates it to me. The words enzyme and enzyme treatment, replacement, and or therapy appear in a lot of my emails.
    02-25-15 11:47 AM
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Not weird at all. Rather simple explanation actually.... I'm on an experimental enzyme replacement therapy for a medical condition I suffer from called Fabrys disease, so it associates it to me. The words enzyme and enzyme treatment, replacement, and or therapy appear in a lot of my emails.
    I'm a medical doctor and I've never heard of it (Fabrys disease). I think I'll Google it.
    02-25-15 11:53 AM
    I'm a medical doctor and I've never heard of it (Fabrys disease). I think I'll Google it.
    Genetic and considered 'rare', not many have heard of it.
    Andy Wijaya and anon(3732391) like this.
    02-25-15 11:56 AM
    I just googled it, and I just found out what it's all about. I really appreciate your sharing here! Thanks to that we can all learn something new, so that we won't die a dumb man. :-D. I'm glad that you've done so well! I really wish you the best of luck for the treatment, Bla1ze!
    anon(3732391) and Bla1ze like this.
    02-25-15 12:09 PM
    My favorite thing to do with assistant is type note or task followed by what I want in that task or note and save it. So fast and efficient.

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    02-25-15 01:08 PM
    ebay, amazon, wikipedia wont work on my device...
    it will open browser with those words in google, doesnt look like the posted screenshots as well.

Maybe its because my assistant is broken as i have the same problem described here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...25/index2.html
    02-25-15 01:12 PM
    ebay, amazon, wikipedia wont work on my device...
    it will open browser with those words in google, doesnt look like the posted screenshots as well.

Maybe its because my assistant is broken as i have the same problem described here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...25/index2.html
    You're on 10.3.1?
    02-25-15 01:34 PM
    Nice feature for ebay, I already have the amazon app on my classic so BB assistant sends me there
    02-25-15 01:39 PM
    You're on 10.3.1?
    Of course, official 10.3.1 updated through link 2 days ago. Was on a leak before

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:39 PM
    I believe that it works only with physical keyboard. Unfortunately. I have tested it on my Z30 and it doesn't work.
    sounds about right! Maybe they will bring it to all touch devices during the next update.
    Anyway, the universal search is worse than 10.2.1 because its so much slower after they added voice assistance for 10.3.
    My complaint: It takes too much time to search and open the Calculator app by going through the Universal Search app. This is meant to be a simple task.
    juacas and anon(3732391) like this.
    02-25-15 07:36 PM
    Whoa! This is slick. Thanks OP!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    02-25-15 07:52 PM
    sounds about right! Maybe they will bring it to all touch devices during the next update.
    Anyway, the universal search is worse than 10.2.1 because its so much slower after they added voice assistance for 10.3.
    My complaint: It takes too much time to search and open the Calculator app by going through the Universal Search app. This is meant to be a simple task.

I was using voice (almost exclusively on my Z10.)
    When I got the Passport (AT&T) Everything ran so smoothly except the voice recognition. It just wouldn't recognize me and was very slow when it did.
    This went on for the remainder of the first day. During that time, I had done several reboots ( for other reasons) and put it on the charger over night (sleep mode) as I always do with my devices.
    The next morning I didn't pay much attention to the voice issue but then half way through the day, on a whim, I hit the assistant and it worked perfectly and from there my voice recognition has been super fast and accurate.

So, maybe something in there might be useful to you guys, between rebooting and giving it a day or so.
    I figure.. that's a woman in there and ya just can't hurry a woman. So, I played nice knowing she'd come around.
    And she did!!
    02-26-15 03:43 AM
    The next morning I didn't pay much attention to the voice issue but then half way through the day, on a whim, I hit the assistant and it worked perfectly and from there my voice recognition has been super fast and accurate.

So, maybe something in there might be useful to you guys, between rebooting and giving it a day or so.
    I figure.. that's a woman in there and ya just can't hurry a woman. So, I played nice knowing she'd come around.
    And she did!!
    I totally don't use voice assistance so I don't really care if it works well or not. I'm only concerned about performance of carrying out tasks to achieve what you want. I know that the Search app would react quickly if you leave it running in the background but if you force close it then it would take a long time to be open up again.
    Another annoying thing is when you open it, you need to look for the search box and hit it to bring up the keyboard. Thats some extra steps there.
    02-26-15 06:34 PM
    I know this is going off topic (sorry Andy) but I wanted to update my thoughts on the voice issues.

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking on my Home Computers. Like any speech recognition software, it has to LEARN your voice.
    While I agree the voice recognition and the Assistant were slow at first, after a few days it had my voice down and now HEARS me almost to the sound of my voice.
    It's that fast!

(now back to our regularly scheduled thread!
    02-27-15 06:32 AM
    I totally don't use voice assistance so I don't really care if it works well or not. I'm only concerned about performance of carrying out tasks to achieve what you want. I know that the Search app would react quickly if you leave it running in the background but if you force close it then it would take a long time to be open up again.
    Another annoying thing is when you open it, you need to look for the search box and hit it to bring up the keyboard. Thats some extra steps there.

Those extra steps can really wear your fingers off.
    If you go into shortcuts (in settings) you can create any number of them.
    So with the tap of your keyboard you can have a shortcut for "Search."

As for those extra steps... What's that saying?
    "We don't live in a perfect world....."
    02-27-15 06:41 AM
57 123