Example: I txt you at 12pm and say "what's up buddy?"
    you call me 1215 i miss your call
    I see your missed call so I hold down the missed phone call on touchscreen, sidebar screen on right pops up and I click compose txt message shortcut on right pop up sidebar
    I can now send you a txt message but it doesn't display the previous txt I sent you or any of our older conversations. I can only compose a new text send it then it will show our previous txt messages.

This is a deal breaker for me because I get so many txt messages and offer or mentions certain things I need to reference our previous txt messages before I compose a new message. I can believe this doesn't do this automatically, my 9700 did this and it worked great. I almost think my phone is glitched.. if anyone has any ideas please let me know and thanks for the help.
    06-24-13 11:23 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

Your phone has no glitch; this is how it works for now.
    It's set up like a Compose screen. Not saying it's fine or good, I can just see how it fits into the UI in their minds.
    I agree: should just show threaded chat right away.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    06-25-13 12:50 AM
    I'm moving this thread out of the BB10 Leaked/Hybrid OS Forum.
    06-25-13 12:53 AM
    Yes very frustrating that we can't see the threaded message until after you send a message. The whole address book and call/message log needs a revamp. I hope it's just a work in progress.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:35 AM
    Yes very frustrating that we can't see the threaded message until after you send a message. The whole address book and call/message log needs a revamp. I hope it's just a work in progress.

Posted via CB10
    I agree and find it odd that this and other features have been left out of OS10. In BB7 if I wanted to add an image I could select one and the menu gave me the option to view it full screen and the rest of my images. When I found the one I wanted I would just select it and it would add. Now all I can do is view the images as thumbnails.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    06-25-13 08:02 AM
    I agree and find it odd that this and other features have been left out of OS10.
    I often describe BB10 as 100 steps forward, and 10 steps back...

Just remember, it's not just a new OS platform. It's a completely different platform. There may be functions that were taken for granted in the Java-based legacy BBOS that present difficulties or conflicts to implement in BB10.

Several are already on the way in upcoming OS updates, like carriage return (ALT+ENTER to drop to next line) in BBM & Text Messages.

In BB7 if I wanted to add an image I could select one and the menu gave me the option to view it full screen and the rest of my images. When I found the one I wanted I would just select it and it would add. Now all I can do is view the images as thumbnails.
    AFAIK, you're right about this being how it works in BB10 with the thumbnails.
    Just curious, what environment did you mean? Attaching a pic to an email?

Workaround for now is to start at the image, whether via Pictures app or File Manager, then Share to an email (or to wherever).
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    06-25-13 01:50 PM
    I often describe BB10 as 100 steps forward, and 10 steps back...

Just remember, it's not just a new OS platform. It's a completely different platform. There may be functions that were taken for granted in the Java-based legacy BBOS that present difficulties or conflicts to implement in BB10.

Several are already on the way in upcoming OS updates, like carriage return (ALT+ENTER to drop to next line) in BBM & Text Messages.

AFAIK, you're right about this being how it works in BB10 with the thumbnails.
    Just curious, what environment did you mean? Attaching a pic to an email?

Workaround for now is to start at the image, whether via Pictures app or File Manager, then Share to an email (or to wherever).
    In any environment. If I wanted to add to an email, text or BBM I would select to attach and scroll to the image. Then I would select the menu and VIEW would be an option. It would then open the image full screen and I could scroll through all the pictures like Windows viewer does and simply select the images. Doing the opposite is what I have been doing but it's time consuming and a pain in the *** when I want to select multiple images.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-25-13 11:29 PM
    I was hoping 10.2 would fix some of these gripes of lacking features from the feature and customization rich legacy operating system. Guess I gotta wait for 10.3 or even 11.0.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:39 AM