Anyone else feel like the two finger swipe down is really hard to do? Not to mention literally impossible with one hand.
    would be really easy to do if it was a simple "swipe down twice" instead

And why doesn't the wi-fi logo show up grayed out if my wi-fi is on but not connected ,like the Bluetooth logo does?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:11 AM
    I like it! I'm glad it's there

Commander and Chief of the Peevishlicious Crew
    bungaboy, twidget2iwo and Vuneu like this.
    11-15-14 10:50 AM
    Useless? Really?

Most likely posted via CB10 from my amazing Z30, but may have been posted from my awesome PlayBook.
    11-15-14 10:55 AM
    Anyone else feel like the two finger swipe down is really hard to do? Not to mention literally impossible with one hand.
    would be really easy to do if it was a simple "swipe down twice" instead

And why doesn't the wi-fi logo show up grayed out if my wi-fi is on but not connected ,like the Bluetooth logo does?

Posted via CB10
    I think you need help ask BlackBerry for that.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 11:03 AM
    I hardly ever use it

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 11:11 AM
    I really think that it should be the other way around. Two finger for the app menu and one finger for system options.

This would be much better!

I hardly ever use the app menu as most recent actions are in the swipe-left menu anyways.

This would also be consistent throughout the whole os then.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:06 PM
    That's a good idea but the two finger swipe in itself only works half the time, no one has equal length fingers in order to do it so I really don't get it.
    Most gestures are very easy to do and require no effort and I find this one requires special attention.

And to people who have only read the title.. read my post explaining what I'm saying

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:09 PM
    I don't use it as often, so two finger swipe is fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:09 PM
    If BlackBerry takes my suggestion they'll switch from 2 fingers to one finger top right corner diagonal. Or left for lefties?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:17 PM
    Works fine for me. It's not like I can comfortably do the one finger swipe down without holding the Passport with my other hand anyway.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:24 PM
    I don't use it all the time but when I do I find it intuitive and easy to use. I'm glad it's there.
    sk8er_tor and PatrickMJS like this.
    11-15-14 12:44 PM
    I really think that it should be the other way around. Two finger for the app menu and one finger for system options.

This would be much better!

I hardly ever use the app menu as most recent actions are in the swipe-left menu anyways.

This would also be consistent throughout the whole os then.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    I am in complete agreement with you. I usually just exit a program and one finger swipe instead as two finger swiping is such as hassle.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:20 PM
    ^ same

BlackBerry Passport - 10.3 - WIND Mobile
    11-15-14 01:29 PM
    I am in complete agreement with you. I usually just exit a program and one finger swipe instead as two finger swiping is such as hassle.

Posted via CB10
    This is my method as well

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:53 PM
    I hardly use it but it's not "useless"

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:58 PM
    You're doing it wrong

I know what you mean about it not always happening, but once it learns how you're missing it, maybe it'll learn to correct for it and happen more often.

Worked for me a bunch just now.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 02:00 PM
    You're doing it wrong

I know what you mean about it not always happening, but once it learns how you're missing it, maybe it'll learn to correct for it and happen more often.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that the gesture can't be lazily performed with one hand. I am adjusting settings all the time, and the two finger swipe requires deliberate and exacting action. Other gestures in the OS are much more forgiving and inexact. We all know how to two finger swipe, don't you worry, it's just a bit annoying.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 02:11 PM
    The problem is that the gesture can't be lazily performed with one hand. I am adjusting settings all the time, and the two finger swipe requires deliberate and exacting action. Other gestures in the OS are much more forgiving and inexact. We all know how to two finger swipe, don't you worry, it's just a bit annoying.

Posted via CB10
    So in other words, "waah, I want 1 finger swipe down".
    11-15-14 03:41 PM
    I rather it be there, than not at all (as it was for the most of BB10's life). Do people really change their settings that often while using an app?

BlackBerry can really afford to put up a "Mission Accomplished" banner if this is a pressing issue worth complaining about.

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte likes this.
    11-15-14 03:54 PM
    If BlackBerry takes my suggestion they'll switch from 2 fingers to one finger top right corner diagonal. Or left for lefties?
    ... or both for those of us that are ambidextrous... as well as those who like options.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 04:13 PM
    I rather it be there, than not at all (as it was for the most of BB10's life). Do people really change their settings that often while using an app?

BlackBerry can really afford to put up a "Mission Accomplished" banner if this is a pressing issue worth complaining about.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. For example I usually have the rotation turned off as it tends to change when I really don't need it to (or WANT it to). But there are times when I want it to be on. For example when I watch photos or YouTube or something like that. It is really a pain in the *** when you have to swipe out of the app, change the rotation and go back in the app. I appreciate the new feature with the two finger swipe, but I think it should be with one finger. That would make a lot more sense to me.

But nevertheless the two-finger option is still better than nothing

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte likes this.
    11-15-14 04:20 PM
    Options are good...I like the option. Didn't say you had to use it.

And now I've made a useless post in a useless thread.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.1.1016
    11-15-14 04:21 PM
    Would be useful if it's working on landscape as well

Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.0.1418
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    11-15-14 07:58 PM
    Sure is. Its an afterthought.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:22 PM
    You're doing it wrong

Posted via CB10
    Agreed must be doing it wrong... or correct me if I'm wrong.

The correct way to do the two finger swipe is by holding ones hand at a slight angle swiping down from top bezel with the middle and ring fingers as when your hand is slightly turned these two fingers on the human hand have the same horizontal plane.

Two-finger swipe down is useless-more_you_know.jpg-original.jpg

In Squircle I Trust
    jvinp likes this.
    11-16-14 02:22 AM
51 123