My Z10 was my daily driver until mid January. At that time I removed the SIM card and left it plugged in to the charger in a place where there was no network available to connect to. Effectively it was an island and isolated. Email and all other settings were left intact.

A few days ago I took it to work with me but kept it in my pack. Today I look at it and of course it was powered off because the battery had drained since I brought it in. I plugged it into a charger and see all my emails accumulated that it read from the time I brought it to work until the battery drained. One email says "Software Update Blackberry 10 OS Update Version 10.3.3.2129 Size 790 MB"

Question 1: Why is there a BB OS Update when BB OS 10 has been dead and unsupported for several years? I always kept the device current with the latest software and it should have been in January when I stopped using it. Why am I getting a software update message?

Question 2: I tried to connect to the local WIFI that it remembered but could not. I had to re-enter my password because it had changed since I last used it. I know I have entered the correct password. Regardless, I keep getting the message "Invalid EAP Credentials" When trying to connect. What is the problem?

Thanks
    05-09-20 04:16 PM
    My Z10 was my daily driver until mid January. At that time I removed the SIM card and left it plugged in to the charger in a place where there was no network available to connect to. Effectively it was an island and isolated. Email and all other settings were left intact.

A few days ago I took it to work with me but kept it in my pack. Today I look at it and of course it was powered off because the battery had drained since I brought it in. I plugged it into a charger and see all my emails accumulated that it read from the time I brought it to work until the battery drained. One email says "Software Update Blackberry 10 OS Update Version 10.3.3.2129 Size 790 MB"

Question 1: Why is there a BB OS Update when BB OS 10 has been dead and unsupported for several years? I always kept the device current with the latest software and it should have been in January when I stopped using it. Why am I getting a software update message?

Question 2: I tried to connect to the local WIFI that it remembered but could not. I had to re-enter my password because it had changed since I last used it. I know I have entered the correct password. Regardless, I keep getting the message "Invalid EAP Credentials" When trying to connect. What is the problem?

Thanks
    1). Although the OS update is years old, it may have been blocked by your carrier. Removing the SIM made it available after a period of time.

2). Try "forgetting" the WiFi connection, and then re-connecting.
    05-09-20 05:52 PM
    Yep, that update is just over two years old. However, there is one newer update that came out a few months later. Software Release 10.3.3.2137, OS 10.3.3.3216 (the two sets of numbers are for the same OS release).

Curious who your carrier was, and if it was locked and/or branded to that carrier, or a factory unlocked model.

I know AT&T's last official release for their BB10 devices is SR 10.3.3.2129 (OS 10.3.3.3204), which they didn't release until Sept of 2018 - 5 months after BB made the newer one available.
    05-09-20 07:17 PM