What? With Blaq you can scroll even further. No idea what You talking about??

Posted via CB10
    When I tried it not too long ago it couldn't. Maybe it was a bug that has been fixed ever since then? But still, Blaq does lack a well-integrated UI and it just doesn't really navigate as well as the Twitter app (or even Twittly) IMHO. But I will give it another try then to see if that scrolling 'bug' has been fixed.
    02-29-16 03:33 AM
    Has anyone who complained to Twitter heard back?

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 03:50 AM
    Has anyone who complained to Twitter heard back?

Posted via CB10
    I have. See post 48...

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport but previously my  Q10
    02-29-16 04:37 AM
    Blackberry 10 going to be a waste of time within the next year. What's the best other twitter app?

Posted via my BlackBerry Leap
    The first stage of the app dying was when my timelines discovery stayed on 2014 events!!

I now use Tweetly.

It's a real shame though, as I hate to not use stock apps! :-(

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    02-29-16 05:10 AM
    Upgraded from excellent free RSS reader "RSS Savvy" to paid Feed Minder which adds Twitter as source and there it is, Twitter feed with pictures ;-). $1.99
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/36959888

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 10:32 AM
    @1Criz: Aside from the fact that it was already mentioned in this thread multiple times, Feedminder lacks favoriting tweets and also doesn't scroll back in time as far as Twitter or Blaq. So Feedminder is a no-go for me.

@jagjordan: I now tried Blaq again and you're right: it does scroll back very far! That's neat! But I still don't really like the interface: a bit annoying with those easy-to-trigger sidebars and not very integrated looking. But I do love (!) that you can see full-size previews of photos in tweets instead of only partly like the Twitter app. I will keep using it for now until the Twitter app gets fixed or a new amazing 3rd party Twitter client launches.
    1Criz likes this.
    03-01-16 04:27 AM
    @1Criz: Aside from the fact that it was already mentioned in this thread multiple times, Feedminder lacks favoriting tweets and also doesn't scroll back in time as far as Twitter or Blaq. So Feedminder is a no-go for me.
    You are right. After initial enthusiasm I found that not only this, but also you couldn't hit on tweet and see full conversation.
    I am still glad to upgrade, as I used RSS Savvy since forever and it's one of most polished BB10 apps available.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 10:37 AM
    I find that it usually means that it is a GIF or multiple-picture tweet and BB10 Twitter can't handle either.
    Not sure what version you're on, but Twitter can handle both.

Its not hard to see what is wrong. Copy the picture link and paste into your browser address bar. All Twitter picture link URLs have an added asterisk in front of the http and a ":large" at the end of the link. Consequently the links don't work. Hello Twitter anybody home?
    You can manually scroll to the start of the URL after pasting it into the browser, and delete the asterisk. It's degrading and horribly inefficient, but it's a workaround.

In addition to not showing photos, it also doesn't show the new style "Quoted" retweets, forcing you to open the quoted tweet in the Twitter browser (which, ironically, I've found to be very inept at opening twitter and twimg URLs). There also aren't any notifications for this type of "retweet", although I don't think this shows up in the desktop web notifications either.

Incidentally, has anyone actually tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Twitter app? I doubt it helps and I don't want to do it unnecessarily because I'd have to look up all the passwords for the accounts I have on there (and hope they haven't changed).

- RG>
    1Criz and Vistaus like this.
    03-01-16 07:03 PM
    Not sure what version you're on, but Twitter can handle both.

Incidentally, has anyone actually tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Twitter app? I doubt it helps and I don't want to do it unnecessarily because I'd have to look up all the passwords for the accounts I have on there (and hope they haven't changed).

- RG>
    Yes. No such luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 01:44 AM
    When I tried it not too long ago it couldn't. Maybe it was a bug that has been fixed ever since then? But still, Blaq does lack a well-integrated UI and it just doesn't really navigate as well as the Twitter app (or even Twittly) IMHO. But I will give it another try then to see if that scrolling 'bug' has been fixed.
    So I opened Blaq again this morning (exactly 24 hours after the last time I had opened it, like I usually do on my phone with a Twitter client) and this time it didn't scroll further back than tweets from "40 minutes ago" (even though it did scroll back a few hours ago yesterday). So it seems like Blaq is still buggy and for me that's another reason to not use Blaq (I thought I'd try to use it until Twitter gets fixed, but it seems like I have to ditch it...)
    03-02-16 07:17 AM
    I reinstalled blaq a week ago and I never had that bug.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 09:07 AM
    The issue appears to be fixed

Is Twitter not showing images within tweets properly?-img_20160304_094838.png

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 11:49 AM
    Yep, just checked my Twitter . It's loading the pictures fine. Thank God for that!

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport but previously my  Q10
    03-04-16 12:10 PM
    Huzzah! Now if I can get them to take a look at the DM issue (doesn't show the entire message), that would be perfect!

Surprised to see they could fix this server side though..?

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    03-04-16 12:29 PM
    DM issue? It is lack of functionality on Twitter for BlackBerry. Install Blaq. U will have full DM's.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 01:19 PM
    Any reason why my Discoveries are over two years old?

Is Twitter not showing images within tweets properly?-img_20160304_193224.png

03-04-16 01:33 PM
    Native twitter pictures error has been fixed.

03-04-16 04:17 PM
    Any reason why my Discoveries are over two years old?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160304_193224.png 
Views:	503 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	393192

Is Twitter not showing images within tweets properly?-img_20160304_150746.png

My trends beneath the list are two years old too. Always have been, but I got used to not using it haha.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    03-04-16 05:10 PM
    The picture error with the native app has indeed been cured it seems. I'm back to that b/c I prefer the look and feel, although the ability to clean the cache in the Android version is very appealing.

Posted via CB10
    velkod and Vistaus like this.
    03-04-16 05:54 PM
    Install Blaq. U will have full DM's.
    I could but this thread shows there are still possibilities that BlackBerry can fix problems with their stock apps. As far as DMs go, they work fine for my taste, but the Fake/inaccurate error message and having to look at the browser version for full text is a bit annoying.

As for fixing things: for example the Discoveries/Activity page mentioned just above, maybe if we tell them about it like we did for Pictures they will look into it!

03-04-16 08:03 PM
    It just started working

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 03:37 AM
    I could but this thread shows there are still possibilities that BlackBerry can fix problems with their stock apps. As far as DMs go, they work fine for my taste, but the Fake/inaccurate error message and having to look at the browser version for full text is a bit annoying.

As for fixing things: for example the Discoveries/Activity page mentioned just above, maybe if we tell them about it like we did for Pictures they will look into it!

Yeah, the DM issue so easy to fix (just a few small revisions to the code to allow for full DM's), I'm eating my scarf if they don't ever fix it.

OT:
    Pictures are indeed back! Goodbye annoying Blaq and scarce mobile Twitter, Hello again old friend Twitter
    LyoobaBerry and idhbar like this.
    03-05-16 04:13 AM
    Yes, I got rid of my Third Party app once I've seen that the pic has been fixed.

I much rather native apps. :-)

03-05-16 06:34 AM
    Fixed, good news!!

Posted via my BlackBerry Leap
    03-05-16 09:01 AM
    I like native twitter app than other app as tweetly etc. Because native app is simple and easy to use multiple account. If the issue has been fixed truly, I am happy.
    03-05-16 09:40 AM
105 ... 2345