I can't believe anyone uses Twitter, Blaq is way superior
    It doesn't show notifications, I can't see likes. That was the main reason I used original Twitter app.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 11:47 PM
    I can't believe anyone uses Twitter, Blaq is way superior
    I don't like Blaq's interface.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    02-24-16 11:51 PM
    Ya, twitter is pretty much the obly native app I used that worked well. That was barley well, but we'll none the less.

I'll use it when I'm out to see what's happening but when I'm home, I find my self using my iphone 4s for twitter and IG. I can see the future guys... there's a god damn apple in it.

I'll use my classic till it dies tho
    02-25-16 01:45 AM
    [INFO]Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: �My Facebook notification will not show in the hub� or �How do I use Glympse on BBM? � [/INFO]

Please note the changes in the title, for example, instead of Twitter. Thanks.
    02-25-16 03:08 AM
    Try blaq
    Ot twittly

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 04:58 AM
    How about some help on the original question rather than "use another app"? Some actual information would be useful.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 06:02 AM
    Is anyone's else's native twitter app no longer showing pictures within tweets properly?

Posted via my BlackBerry Leap
    I find that it usually means that it is a GIF or multiple-picture tweet and BB10 Twitter can't handle either.
    02-25-16 07:52 AM
    I have the same situation for the last couple of days - problems with Z30 & Q5. Black pictures in BlackBerry Twitter stock app and the last GIF I saw was yesterday - friggen annoying. I just went on BB World and there is a bunch of the same comments about the stock app.

I spend hours on Twitter everyday - the stock app worked just fine for my needs. I will wait a few days and see what happens. Yes I could purchase Blaq - but I am not sure I like the UI.

I will have to use my old iPhone 4s in the meantime. Shame that BB can't fix this quickly. I am no dev but how hard can it be to fix this?
    02-25-16 08:54 AM
    I find that it usually means that it is a GIF or multiple-picture tweet and BB10 Twitter can't handle either.
    I have always been able to view preview of GIF and multiple pictures tweets with native Twitter app on Z30.

Twitter has been working on major changes and is/was suppose to start rolling out changes this month. Twitter did a update on API 2 days ago (see @twitterapi ). coincidence this was the same time we all lost the ability to view preview pictures? Native Twitter app is outdated, I use Twittly. Other apps I have seen suggested.
    Neatly
    Tweetian
    Blaq
    Feedminder (Twitter, RSS reader)

Yes we are on dire need for native app to be updated. Don't hold your breath for this to happen.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 09:38 AM
    This is really bad. I am hanging on to my dear Q10 still but this might just be the final straw.
    nothingworks likes this.
    02-25-16 09:56 AM
    I have always been able to view preview of GIF and multiple pictures tweets with native Twitter app on Z30.

Twitter has been working on major changes and is/was suppose to start rolling out changes this month. Twitter did a update on API 2 days ago (see @twitterapi ). coincidence this was the same time we all lost the ability to view preview pictures? Native Twitter app is outdated, I use Twittly. Other apps I have seen suggested.
    Neatly
    Tweetian
    Blaq

Yes we are on dire need for native app to be updated. Don't hold your breath for this to happen.

Posted via CB10
    I like the native Twitter app the best so I hope they'll fix it soon. As for the others?

-Twittly: I don't like the scrolling momentum and the UI is kind of crowded, even with the simple mode enabled. Also, I don't like that it doesn't show the difference b/w pictures and videos. And it only shows tweets up till an hour ago whereas Twitter shows tweets up until 3-4 hours ago. Esp. the loading of older tweets is important to me so Twittly is a no go either way.
    -Neatly: I don't really like the UI as much and it hasn't been updated for more than a year.
    -Tweetian: I know Tweetian from my relatively short time spent on SailfishOS (Jolla Phone) and it's available for MeeGo as well, but I don't see it being available in BlackBerry World. Where can I check it out?
    -Blaq: The UI, IMHO, is horrible and doesn't look integrated to the system at all. But not only the non-integration is the problem, I just don't like the UI, it's counter-productive for me.
    -Feedminder: Tried it, but too limited and doesn't show pictures in a neat way.
    nothingworks likes this.
    02-25-16 01:12 PM

Neatly
    Tweetian
    Blaq

Posted via CB10
    I don't think Neatly and Tweetian work any more.

02-25-16 01:18 PM
    Been a loyal BlackBerry user for years (Bold, Torch 1 & 2, Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z30) but it's stuff like this that may force me to switch. As a BlackBerry user I'm use to waiting for updates and can tolerate delays but we have no idea if they are even working on it! All I'd want is "Hey BB10 users, we know about the Twitter picture problem and we are working on it" but I can't find any statement from them. Check out the Twitter App reviews on BlackBerry World, comments on here and twitter, it's not good.

Alternatives?

- Android version is slow and unresponsive on my Z30
    - Blaq is a very fancy, nice looking app but something makes it awkward to use, gave up after a couple days of using it. I prefer the simplicity of the native app.
    - Best solution for me is so far it adding a Twitter.com link to my home screen

Posted via CB10
    RealGrouchy likes this.
    02-25-16 03:03 PM
    Been a loyal BlackBerry user for years (Bold, Torch 1 & 2, Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z30) but it's stuff like this that may force me to switch. As a BlackBerry user I'm use to waiting for updates and can tolerate delays but we have no idea if they are even working on it! All I'd want is "Hey BB10 users, we know about the Twitter picture problem and we are working on it" but I can't find any statement from them. Check out the Twitter App reviews on BlackBerry World, comments on here and twitter, it's not good.

Alternatives?

- Android version is slow and unresponsive on my Z30
    - Blaq is a very fancy, nice looking app but something makes it awkward to use, gave up after a couple days of using it. I prefer the simplicity of the native app.
    - Best solution for me is so far it adding a Twitter.com link to my home screen

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I don't like Blaq at all (as I outlined in my previous post) and I prefer not to use Android apps when not absolutely necessary.
    For now, I've also added twitter.com to my home screen (using Browsie Browser so that I still have a dark theme - Night Mode in Browsie). It's okay, but it doesn't scroll as well as the app. It shows photos but only after I click a tweet. A minor inconvenience, but it'd be nice if it showed them instantly in the timeline.
    02-25-16 03:19 PM
    Well if more opinions posted here make any difference...
    I really don't care for the Blaq interface, Tweetly even less. The native app is just fine except for the inability to clear the cache without uninstall / reinstall every couple of days.
    Sounds dumb but I'd never thought of just adding a Home Screen link to twitter.com

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 04:27 PM
    Like I said in another post, I will use my BB10 until it can't do what I want to do. Looks like it's just starting earlier than expected.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 04:47 PM
    What could be the best replacement android apk for BB native twitter?

02-25-16 05:25 PM
    I sent a DM to Blackberry Help and they replied saying please give us a day or two while we investigate the issue as it's only just happened.

Vistaus likes this.
    02-25-16 05:58 PM
    I sent a DM to Blackberry Help and they replied saying please give us a day or two while we investigate the issue as it's only just happened.

I don't think the problem is from BB side .

02-25-16 06:04 PM
    Its not hard to see what is wrong. Copy the picture link and paste into your browser address bar. All Twitter picture link URLs have an added asterisk in front of the http and a ":large" at the end of the link. Consequently the links don't work. Hello Twitter anybody home?
    02-25-16 10:57 PM
    I don't think the problem is from BB side .

Dafuq? Have you even read this page of the topic? The problem is a change in the Twitter API. BlackBerry is the sole creator and maintainer of the Twitter app for BB10. So of course this is a problem on BB's side as they are the ones who need to issue an update to fix our issue.
    Bluenoser63 and aussie99 like this.
    02-26-16 03:18 AM
    Its not hard to see what is wrong. Copy the picture link and paste into your browser address bar. All Twitter picture link URLs have an added asterisk in front of the http and a ":large" at the end of the link. Consequently the links don't work. Hello Twitter anybody home?
    That's not the problem. That asterisk-in-the-URL issue was there even when pictures did work in the Twitter app. And ":large" at the end of the URL has been there at least since I joined Twitter (2008 or 2009), it also happens in desktop browsers.
    02-26-16 03:20 AM
    I've just had a reply from @BlackBerryhelp to my request for help with this issue of no pictures loading, & after several days waiting, & chasing, this is their reply -

Hi! Yes we have been receiving multiple questions regarding the same issue. Since this is a third party application we can only advise you to delete and reinstall them. We do not have an exact resolution for this issue yet. Hopefully the developers will be updating us regarding this issue and for it's resolution. ^MR

Passing the buck I would say!...

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport but previously my  Q10
    02-26-16 04:31 AM
    That's not the problem. That asterisk-in-the-URL issue was there even when pictures did work in the Twitter app. And ":large" at the end of the URL has been there at least since I joined Twitter (2008 or 2009), it also happens in desktop browsers.
    Well those URL anomalies are not in my desktop browser twitter picture links, and when you remove them from the BBRY link, the picture loads.
    02-26-16 06:47 AM
    I always thought Twitter was like the BB10 Facebook app, made by BlackBerry. Looks like it's Twitter Inc. that we need to go after for this fix not BlackBerry.

I've just had a reply from @BlackBerryhelp to my request for help with this issue of no pictures loading, & after several days waiting, & chasing, this is their reply -

Hi! Yes we have been receiving multiple questions regarding the same issue. Since this is a third party application we can only advise you to delete and reinstall them. We do not have an exact resolution for this issue yet. Hopefully the developers will be updating us regarding this issue and for it's resolution. ^MR

Passing the buck I would say!...

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport but previously my  Q10

Is Twitter not showing images within tweets properly?-img_20160226_081149.png

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 07:16 AM
105 1234 ...