Hi all,

So I've been having a minor network issue with Freedom Mobile that appears to be network and company wide according to some online reports.

When I called into tech support, one of the agents said he would enable my device for VoLTE going forward as this may help fix the problem. He took care of it on his end.

Any idea on how I can see if VoLTE is working on my phone? How do allow that feature to work on BB10? I'm curious if going forward I will have the network benefits of VoLTE now that it's been enabled apparently.

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    08-22-20 08:04 AM
    Hi all,

So I've been having a minor network issue with Freedom Mobile that appears to be network and company wide according to some online reports.

When I called into tech support, one of the agents said he would enable my device for VoLTE going forward as this may help fix the problem. He took care of it on his end.

Any idea on how I can see if VoLTE is working on my phone? How do allow that feature to work on BB10? I'm curious if going forward I will have the network benefits of VoLTE now that it's been enabled apparently.

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Will be interesting to hear how this works out. I was unaware of any BB10 phones that have VoLTE support. Which BB10 phone do you have?
    08-22-20 12:45 PM
    Will be interesting to hear how this works out. I was unaware of any BB10 phones that have VoLTE support. Which BB10 phone do you have?

I have a Passport SE and my carrier is Freedom Mobile in Canada. The network issue is a technical issue between Rogers and Freedom, nothing to do with BB10 hardware.

I don't know if the agent was just saying things that didn't make sense to me, the list of devices that offer VoLTE support on Freedom is on their site and it doesn't include anything Blackberry related.

I just figured if there was something that I could do on my end or see on my end to see the benefits.

I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-20 01:00 PM
    I have a Passport SE and my carrier is Freedom Mobile in Canada. The network issue is a technical issue between Rogers and Freedom, nothing to do with BB10 hardware.

I don't know if the agent was just saying things that didn't make sense to me, the list of devices that offer VoLTE support on Freedom is on their site and it doesn't include anything Blackberry related.

I just figured if there was something that I could do on my end or see on my end to see the benefits.

I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Posted via CB10
    I always thought it was Freedom Mobile that users had problems even getting just LTE data provisioned. I have no idea as I’m here in Florida in the 813 so......
    08-22-20 04:13 PM
    I always thought it was Freedom Mobile that users had problems even getting just LTE data provisioned. I have no idea as I’m here in Florida in the 813 so......

That's actually accurate, from what I can tell, I don't see the LTE logo on my phone. It says 4g and that's it. Other Canadian providers will show LTE logo in the top right corner.

My particular issue that appears to be a carrier wide issue is poor call quality when calling only Rogers customers. The other person sounds like a robot. I believe it's an issue between the carriers they are working on it as other people are having similar issues with up to date hardware and devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-20 07:56 PM
    That's actually accurate, from what I can tell, I don't see the LTE logo on my phone. It says 4g and that's it. Other Canadian providers will show LTE logo in the top right corner.

My particular issue that appears to be a carrier wide issue is poor call quality when calling only Rogers customers. The other person sounds like a robot. I believe it's an issue between the carriers they are working on it as other people are having similar issues with up to date hardware and devices.

Posted via CB10
    Well remember I'm no IT guy but here's what I know.

My old Z30 couldn't get LTE on AT&T since missing a band. Only 4G so I cannot activate VoLTE.

If Freedom gives you LTE you should have VoLTE but I don't understand why you didn't have for the last 5+ years. I don't know Freedom reasons
    08-22-20 08:44 PM
    Well remember I'm no IT guy but here's what I know.

My old Z30 couldn't get LTE on AT&T since missing a band. Only 4G so I cannot activate VoLTE.

If Freedom gives you LTE you should have VoLTE but I don't understand why you didn't have for the last 5+ years. I don't know Freedom reasons
    Isn't this a similar issue as with the emergency alerts system? Some profile or something has to be created to allow the device access or be recognised as being capable? When I'm on AT&T I had no problem getting an actual alert (can't recall it was either flood or hurricane/storm warning), but the option doesn't even show up when I'm on Freedom

Passport has the right frequency bands as far as I know. I am not sure if Freedom ever officially sold the Passport so that would make sense if they don't bother.
    08-24-20 05:06 PM
    Isn't this a similar issue as with the emergency alerts system? Some profile or something has to be created to allow the device access or be recognised as being capable? When I'm on AT&T I had no problem getting an actual alert (can't recall it was either flood or hurricane/storm warning), but the option doesn't even show up when I'm on Freedom

Passport has the right frequency bands as far as I know. I am not sure if Freedom ever officially sold the Passport so that would make sense if they don't bother.
    I'm not sure. A lot of my halfassed knowledge is trial and error. If anybody wants to fly me up to "consult" ? Send me to Windsor as I'm sure dancers are still top notch ;-D

Part of the issue simply that I've never understood why Freedom customers are LTE denied. Missing bands or blocked enhanced calling features? I just don't know.
    08-24-20 07:21 PM
    I'm not sure. A lot of my halfassed knowledge is trial and error. If anybody wants to fly me up to "consult" ? Send me to Windsor as I'm sure dancers are still top notch ;-D

Part of the issue simply that I've never understood why Freedom customers are LTE denied. Missing bands or blocked enhanced calling features? I just don't know.

Chuck,

When this crazy Covid world we live in goes back to semi normal, may I suggest Vancouver, Montreal for the dancers with a layover in Calgary where I live during our "Stampede"?? All the sexy ladies dressed very nice in very cute cowgirl outfits. We are the Dallas, Texas of Canada in a lot of ways but with the Denver lifestyle, weather tied in as well. I can assure you, you will have an amazing time. Take advantage of that FX rate and come on up!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-20 01:36 AM
    Chuck,

When this crazy Covid world we live in goes back to semi normal, may I suggest Vancouver, Montreal for the dancers with a layover in Calgary where I live during our "Stampede"?? All the sexy ladies dressed very nice in very cute cowgirl outfits. We are the Dallas, Texas of Canada in a lot of ways but with the Denver lifestyle, weather tied in as well. I can assure you, you will have an amazing time. Take advantage of that FX rate and come on up!

Posted via CB10
    I'd just do the stampede. I've already got the dancers here in Tampa Bay, the Las Vegas of lap dancing.
    curves2000 likes this.
    08-25-20 07:15 AM
    I visited Canada / Calgary, and I can only recommend the stampede. My relatives living there and always showing their horses and idk. This is ofc offtopic.
    08-25-20 01:49 PM
    I visited Canada / Calgary, and I can only recommend the stampede. My relatives living there and always showing their horses and idk. This is ofc offtopic.
    Alberta.. it's alright but the rest of Canada is pretty different. I found people from Calgary were pretty nice.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-20 03:02 PM
    Well curves and I will have LTE testing responsibility

Posted via CB10
    08-25-20 03:23 PM