Often when I take photos using TimeShift I think the image would look just as good as a moving GIF, especially when they look comedic. Surely it would be simple enough for BlackBerry to implement an option to transform 'TimeShifts' into GIFs?

Would you use this feature? Or do you think it's a gimmick BlackBerry doesn't have time for?

Posted via CB10
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    07-05-13 02:00 PM
    Sounds like a plan, make it happen BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-05-13 02:00 PM
    I made a thread about this a while back - would definitely be a good feature imo

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 02:02 PM
    I mentioned this to the BBM Channels Team during a call conference session. And they were really interested in pursuing this and said they were going to ask the engineers if it could be done and integrated either with BBM Channels or the camera app. So rest assured they have taken note.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 09:56 AM
    I mentioned this to the BBM Channels Team during a call conference session. And they were really interested in pursuing this and said they were going to ask the engineers if it could be done and integrated either with BBM Channels or the camera app. So rest assured they have taken note.

Posted via CB10
    I can vouche for that as I was in the same conference call

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, Korepab and Brandon Orr like this.
    07-06-13 12:22 PM
    I can vouche for that as I was in the same conference call

Posted via CB10
    How do you pronounce the word "vouche"

Posted via CB10
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    07-06-13 05:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Meh I added a "e" if that's all you have too add to this than I'd suggest just to stop posting

Posted via CB10
    araskin likes this.
    07-06-13 06:00 PM
    Awesome!

I've wanted this feature since I first played with Time shift on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 06:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Voo-shey is how it is pronounced...
    On a serious note, I love this idea!

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    07-06-13 06:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Whoever uses this idea in a third party app would have some success

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-06-13 07:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's how I pronounced it in my mind...

Anyway, if they could really beef up the camera/Time Shift/Story Maker/multimedia features on BB10, I'm sure it would make the service-related business of BlackBerry more attractive to the stock market. Just like how WP8 Lumia devices are known to have the best cameras in the industry, BlackBerry can become known to have the best 1st party services (other than Google's Map/Navigation and search features).

07-06-13 08:36 PM
    I got in touch with Michael Clewley, a popular software guy at BB, and he sounded initially interested but then said that there'd probably be a lot of bad shots in the frame, so it probably wouldn't work very well
    07-07-13 06:47 PM
    I got in touch with Michael Clewley, a popular software guy at BB, and he sounded initially interested but then said that there'd probably be a lot of bad shots in the frame, so it probably wouldn't work very well
    Couldn't they let the user choose which frames to use? Or change the time frame on shots? Or basically make it a subset of the video camera to essentially make a short video clip like Vine?

Brandon Orr likes this.
    07-07-13 07:22 PM
    What would also be nice is the ability to save the entire TimeShift segment and choose the frame you want later. Having to do it right after the shot makes it hard to take multiple shots with the feature.\

But the gif thing would be great. I'd buy a 3rd party app
    Brandon Orr and 00stryder like this.
    07-07-13 07:47 PM
    No offense, and I mean this in the most sincere way because Michael Clewley has personally helped me and replied to my concerns on Twitter so I don't have any problems with him, but he also didn't see a point in having an option to turn off the shutter sound on the camera when somebody else brought it to his attention. So i'd let the engineers decide whether it can be done in a good way or not, not him lol so we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry_Pwner likes this.
    07-08-13 12:54 AM
    No offense, and I mean this in the most sincere way because Michael Clewley has personally helped me and replied to my concerns on Twitter so I don't have any problems with him, but he also didn't see a point in having an option to turn off the shutter sound on the camera when somebody else brought it to his attention. So i'd let the engineers decide whether it can be done in a good way or not, not him lol so we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    And he announced a 10.1 update that backfired

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, ddlax22 and Brandon Orr like this.
    07-08-13 01:09 AM
    And a year later, we have it!
    12-12-14 12:18 PM
    And a year later, we have it!
    Do we? Where and how?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:30 PM