I spent 2 years on BB10 (Classic then Passport). Priv is my 7th Blackberry phone, going back to the miserable Tour, and I even suffered through Playbook ownership. I've paid my dues. It's kind of an inside joke on this forum that anyone who isn't part of the BB10 circle-yank and dares to offer a difference of opinion is labeled a "troll" or "hater."

See, I used to be "that guy." I used to whine and moan and call people names and insult their mothers and talk about how unfair it was whenever something I personally loved got changed or went away. When a car I wanted was no longer sold with a manual transmission. When a build I liked to play in online games got nerfed. In retrospect, really pointless stuff to grieve over when you have good health and a good job. But oh was I a sour puss! But then something miraculous happened... I grew up on the inside and realized it never was, and never will be, about me.

So now listening to grown men cry like little kids over something as inconsequential as a cell phone OS reminds me of that person I used to be, and in some perverse way it does indeed entertain me.
    Long live BB10! And no cries.
    12-19-17 05:19 PM
    Ditto.
    Ditto here, too. I may not be right, but my thoughts are my own. BB10 is still working great for me, but there is no plausible business model for restarting development for it any more than there is for any OS once the development team has been disbanded and there is no hardware platform to use with it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    glwerry likes this.
    12-19-17 06:11 PM
    Ditto.
    Looking to go pro!
    Reasonable rates.
    Morally flexible.
    12-19-17 06:15 PM
    Looking to go pro!
    Reasonable rates.
    Morally flexible.
    We all know what we are. We're just trying to establish the price.
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-19-17 06:17 PM
    The idea that BB10 has a future or that BB should throw away even *more* money into the same bad idea is so patently ridiculous that people are going to come out and say “what the....?”

You don’t need to pay people for that.
    12-19-17 07:13 PM
    I'm just here for the popcorn.
    Can you large size that?
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    12-19-17 07:37 PM
    If you don't use a BB10 device anymore, why do you bother coming here to get frustrated with BB10 enthusiasts?
    It's OK @johnny_bravo72 I just super sized my own
    Last edited by Carjackd; 12-20-17 at 11:22 PM.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    12-19-17 07:39 PM
    [QUOTE=conite;13097335]Ditto. @chuckfinley69 and @conite they are both a lot of things but a shill is not one of them
    Last edited by Carjackd; 12-20-17 at 11:23 PM.
    12-19-17 07:46 PM
    We all know what we are. We're just trying to establish the price.
    Two.Fiddy
    12-19-17 07:47 PM
    The idea that BB10 has a future or that BB should throw away even *more* money into the same bad idea is so patently ridiculous that people are going to come out and say “what the....?”

You don’t need to pay people for that.
    Now if I could patent rediculous, I would pwn Android (and maybe ios too).....just my fitty cent'
    12-21-17 03:37 AM
    Now I start to understand the reason.....

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 04:06 AM
    I guess I'm just an outlier, since I fully realize that there will never be another BlackBerry running on BB10, and from where I sit we've had to bear nearly worthless expensive paperweights that aren't in any way secure in my view.

If you can't control all of the major aspects of a thing you don't own it! At best you're a slightly elevated user. AFAIK the recent threads about how Hub+ is sending all sorts of telemetry so far haven't said the same about BB10 devices. Besides being what I call "my portable 2nd brain" the feature that I like the best about my Q10 is how it keeps me productive while giving me total control over all permissions!

The OS is also capable of allowing an app to run without letting it access all it wants. Example: I never use the built-in maps app for finding my way to a new place. I prefer the larger screen of the Garmin on the dash. I use the BlackBerry maps to find things out during trip planning. Like how far is Kansas City from Chicago? If I happen to be in Miami, then the map program has no need to know where I am. I don't allow any app GPS unless I NEED to know something. Yet after a single pop-up asking for permission, I can spend all the time I want using the app. I am know that lots of people use all sorts of apps where it's useful for it to know where you are so it can give you answers.

So my premise is one where as long as the droidberries lack the same ability to deny ALL permissions so that GOOGLE isn't given access to the device then I consider the "hardening" added to android is (for me) totally useless to me. Unless the very unlikely event happens so that BlackBerry actually creates the same ability to block all access & makes something like BlackBerry Link so I can backup directly to MY PC instead of the insecure cloud I'm sticking with "Real" security.

Without privacy I don't give a bleep what features exist. Ignoring the HIPAA violations if I allow any data mining, I keep all of my personal schedule on my Q10. So I have ZERO desire to share MY Dr, dentist, or other personal medical data with the marketing sleazebags who create flashlight apps that want nearly root level access to my business.

So no matter how many tell me that I should stop using the OS I like so I can use the OS I despise it doesn't get a warm reception from me.

Just because others "need" an app is no reason why I should switch as well.

I spent a miserable month using an android Go phone when I found AT&T had locked my Q10 (that I paid in full with cash) the day before a long trip through Canada.

I made absolutely certain that I used no genuinely accurate information that I had to put in the google profile I had to create.

But just reading the entire TOS totally ensured that I won't ever own one that's connected to any account with my actual info!

I hope that a few apps like CB or Gas Buddy continue to function but otherwise I prefer to just talk, text or BBM without any 3rd party apps rather than use android or iPhone.

But that's just my view. I am Quite aware that the vast majority of people who own cellphones use at least one social media account with many using over four at once. Not my bag, I can't even fake interest in any of them.

So (as I climb down from the soap box) that explains why I correctly point out that many people are quite satisfied with BB10. So I bristle when trolled by those who think that since THEY must have all of the various apps, then I must be stupid for not giving up on a "dead" system even though it does everything that I want it to do...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    12-21-17 06:26 AM
    So (as I climb down from the soap box) that explains why I correctly point out that many people are quite satisfied with BB10. So I bristle when trolled by those who think that since THEY must have all of the various apps, then I must be stupid for not giving up on a "dead" system even though it does everything that I want it to do...

Who ever told you that you were stupid for preferring BB10? Seems unlikely.

The only thing I see, is that people bristle when presented with some tired, well-worn "theory" on how to revive BB10.

Now look at this thread. Is the OP just sharing his appreciation for BB10? No. It's an intentionally provocative (and factually incorrect) shot at BlackBerry Android.
    Last edited by conite; 12-21-17 at 10:37 AM.
    glwerry likes this.
    12-21-17 06:44 AM
    Oh, I've been given "advice' more than once that instead of solving an issue with my Q10, or trying to decide between getting a Classic or Passport to replace it I should obviously stop being "resistant to change" or being "unwilling to admit the OS is dead" etc.

I'm not taking trolls too seriously, it just gets old after a while.

12-21-17 06:49 AM
    we'd get along fine scubafan, but i dont know how you deal with the Q10. i ditched mine 3 years ago...and i've also tried a Classic since.
    there's nothing on earth like the Passport. never will be. its game over for independent thought and control over your privacy.

Posted via CBX
    12-21-17 08:59 AM
    Oh, I've been given "advice' more than once that instead of solving an issue with my Q10, or trying to decide between getting a Classic or Passport to replace it I should obviously stop being "resistant to change" or being "unwilling to admit the OS is dead" etc.

I'm not taking trolls too seriously, it just gets old after a while.

We're closer than what you might think. I'm one who has gone over the fence to 'Droid (PRIV) because I couldn't get a critical app to work on BB10.

I also find that "it gets old after a while", but from a different angle - those who are constantly coming up with (already proposed) ideas on how to revive BB10 - especially those who figure that if BB can just revive BB10 customers will come flocking in droves.

Guys like yourself, who are using BB10 successfully and appreciate it - no problems!

I find a parallel in my vehicle. I can afford ONE vehicle. I live in a rural area where I have to regularly drive long distances. So, I don't have an electric vehicle, despite the societal pressure to get a plug-in car.

SO, carry on with your Q10/BB10 - I respect your choice.
    12-21-17 09:50 AM
    I have no problem with those who continue using BB10. I myself tried to go back to it earlier this year because I think it's a fantastic OS. But then you'll get those who assume that just because they're happy with BB10 that it can fit everyone's wants and needs. I'm sorry, but it can't. If it works for you, that's great. I find the OS starting to deteriorate not only in terms of lack of apps but in native functions as well. Namely the browser. And every time it loses functionality, I personally don't want to have to use a paid app or find a workaround. But that's just me, and I'm as entitled to my opinions and preferences as everyone else.
    12-21-17 08:50 PM
    I spent 2 years on BB10 (Classic then Passport). Priv is my 7th Blackberry phone, going back to the miserable Tour, and I even suffered through Playbook ownership. I've paid my dues. It's kind of an inside joke on this forum that anyone who isn't part of the BB10 circle-yank and dares to offer a difference of opinion is labeled a "troll" or "hater."

See, I used to be "that guy." I used to whine and moan and call people names and insult their mothers and talk about how unfair it was whenever something I personally loved got changed or went away. When a car I wanted was no longer sold with a manual transmission. When a build I liked to play in online games got nerfed. In retrospect, really pointless stuff to grieve over when you have good health and a good job. But oh was I a sour puss! But then something miraculous happened... I grew up on the inside and realized it never was, and never will be, about me.

So now listening to grown men cry like little kids over something as inconsequential as a cell phone OS reminds me of that person I used to be, and in some perverse way it does indeed entertain me.
    With all due respect, by all appearances, I would surmise that you are still that guy.

As far as the manual transmission goes, if it ain't offered, do the right thing and buy another car.

Clicked from my Q5SQR100-1/10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 10:00 PM
    With all due respect, by all appearances, I would surmise that you are still that guy.

As far as the manual transmission goes, if it ain't offered, do the right thing and buy another car.

Clicked from my Q5SQR100-1/10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    Really? I didn't complain when BlackBerry said the Priv wouldn't get Nougat. I didn't complain when BlackBerry said the priv won't get anymore security updates. I just shrug my shoulders and plan for my next phone (most likely a K1).

Heck for that matter I was never part of the "where is 10.3.3?" chorus last year either. Although I did mock their whining quite often. My Passport ran just fine on 10.3.2 and I didn't even update when .3 did finally release.

When I felt it was time to move on from BB10 to Android, I didn't post some 5 paragraph rant on crackberry to announce that I was buying a new phone and get in a few last jabs at Chen, etc. Because it really wasn't a big deal. Phone stops meeting my needs, I sell it and buy one that does. No bitter tears, no lost sleep, no need for diatribe.

So you're going to be a bit pressed to still call me "that guy." You never got to see what I used to be like, and compared to some that post here, I'm pretty darn civil.
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    12-22-17 05:43 AM
    Really? I didn't complain when BlackBerry said the Priv wouldn't get Nougat. I didn't complain when BlackBerry said the priv won't get anymore security updates. I just shrug my shoulders and plan for my next phone (most likely a K1).

Heck for that matter I was never part of the "where is 10.3.3?" chorus last year either. Although I did mock their whining quite often. My Passport ran just fine on 10.3.2 and I didn't even update when .3 did finally release.

When I felt it was time to move on from BB10 to Android, I didn't post some 5 paragraph rant on crackberry to announce that I was buying a new phone and get in a few last jabs at Chen, etc. Because it really wasn't a big deal. Phone stops meeting my needs, I sell it and buy one that does. No bitter tears, no lost sleep, no need for diatribe.

So you're going to be a bit pressed to still call me "that guy." You never got to see what I used to be like, and compared to some that post here, I'm pretty darn civil.
    10.3.4 is coming... Just you wait...
    I'll have the last laugh! 😵
    12-22-17 05:51 AM

I remember several times when kvndoom wanted to just lose it but didn't. You could just see the craziness held inside waiting to explode.

Then, next thing you know, instead of kicking the unicorn, kvndoom pet the unicorn and then broke into a joyous song while dancing with a leprechaun.

This is more or less how I remember it happened.... Very civil....
    12-22-17 07:32 AM
    It's okay, dudes. Soon 10.3.4 will be released, and BlackBerry will license BB10 to TCL who will release the KeyTwo BB10 edition. Then Google will go bankrupt, and BlackBerry will buy out Android and upgrade the PRIV and the Keyone and the Motion to BB10.3.4.

Posted via CB10
    Bee Gee, falbo and elfabio80 like this.
    12-23-17 06:21 AM
    I've seriously thought about the Passport but atm I'm getting the Classic because there won't be a learning curve and I know it'll fit in my shirt pockets.

I've never seen one "in the wild" so between the comments about the size & weight plus needing to get used to a different pkb I have to pass. I know it has much better specs but right now money is tight. So I'm Getting the one I know I can use. If I ever run across a Passport to physically hold I might switch, but for now I gotta go with what I know.

I appreciate the input though! Thanks!

12-24-17 03:33 AM
    I've seriously thought about the Passport but atm I'm getting the Classic because there won't be a learning curve and I know it'll fit in my shirt pockets.

I've never seen one "in the wild" so between the comments about the size & weight plus needing to get used to a different pkb I have to pass. I know it has much better specs but right now money is tight. So I'm Getting the one I know I can use. If I ever run across a Passport to physically hold I might switch, but for now I gotta go with what I know.

I appreciate the input though! Thanks!

Fits my work shirt pocket perfectly and I can close the button to stop it falling out. Got this one off the bay and not a mark on it, original charger, box and non used earphones. It was a choice between the classic or passport and I'm glad I made this choice. However I may still purchase a classic in the new year. Good luck with your choice ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-24-17 05:13 AM
    the classic is fine as a backup phone. using it for anything else isnt much fun because the display is small and the phone is slow. using the passport is just dreamy. battery life is untouchable. sometimes the browser is a bit slow on certain sites...my only complaint.

Posted via CBX
    12-24-17 09:56 AM
65 123