I have a couple of questions concerning BB OS10.

I've been using it for about a year now, i absolutely love it, but there are a few things that i don't get.

First, there are the notifications on the home screen. With home screen, i mean the screen that you have to 'swipe to unlock' screen. It shows notifications, even though i ( think ) i have turned them off completely. I just don't want to see how many new BBM / channels notifications i have. If i want to see it, i'll turn them on, or i'll open up BBM.

This is how i turned them off :

System settings -> Notifications -> Mode : Normal -> Customization / Applications -> BBM, BBM Groups, BBM Video -> All alerts off.

My second gripe with the OS10 is the fact that my contacts seem to duplicate themselves. When i try to erase them, they just duplicate again. Most times i'd have something like this :

Mike
    Mike
    Mike- 321209808
    Mike
    Mike

5 times the same name, but only once with full contact information. Now i 'know' that it has to do with apps, but i don't have Skype installed, i did have whatsapp installed for a while, what could be the problem?

Thanks for any help, since this has been bugging me out a bit for a while now.
    02-18-14 08:07 AM
    I think the setting you want is under Lock Screen Notifications.

Just start typing 'Lock Screen' to get there. As with most things you look for on BB10 just start typing what you're looking for and it'll come up.
    02-18-14 08:22 AM
    I think the setting you want is under Lock Screen Notifications.

Just start typing 'Lock Screen' to get there. As with most things you look for on BB10 just start typing what you're looking for and it'll come up.
    Thanks for the reply! I forgot to mention that the 'Lock Screen Notifications' are turned off as well.....

I just don't get it.
    02-18-14 08:02 PM
    Duplicate contact issue. There is a couple ways to fix depending on how your phone is setup.
    First you need to decide what phone book you are going to use.
    Carrier phone book (if it available)
    Google
    bb link
    sim/local

I went with google because it make sense.

You will need to export you phone book to a excel csv file
    through bblink via outlook sync
    google export

Then delete all contacts off of your phone (wiping works if you have a backup)
    delete all contact out of google contacts or outlook

clean up exported list remove all duplates

Import back into program

problem solved
    02-18-14 10:15 PM
    Thanks a lot!

I'm going to try that later on, it really got on my nerves :s.
    02-20-14 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD