Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have been reading quite a lot about the numbers in appworld and after the latest report I thought I should have a look how bad it really is. Currently BB has around 125k apps available to Q10, Q5 and Z10. More apps are available for the Z10 than for the Q- series - just keep that in mind.

You can do this search your self to see that I am not telling any bull****.

I went to appworld on my pc and entered seach terms to see what comes up.

first was S4BB = incredible 47000 apps

now I wanted to know how many bad map apps we have - remember that they always show up if you open appworld and search for new apps.
    Most of them are map apps. They are split to spam our beloved BlackberryWorld.

I entered world offline maps

they have 1757 apps

than[B] place star inc[/B]
    1936 apps

and city navigator maps
    1909 apps .

and the list goes on: go back to march and have a look what mippin posted via twitter = we now have over 20k mippin apps in BB world.

I don't want to damage BBRY but right now I think it can't get worse and BB needs to tell us what they are really doing.

Alec Saunders always said we are aiming for quality apps and not to get as many apps as possible like google did it.
    But this is the prove that BBworld is going the google way.

Alec Saunders pls STOP it before it is to late!

PS
    I own BBRY shares myself and know that this might cause a huge damage to my portfolio but I truly believe that this needs to be said to make BB10 a better system.
    so pls spread the word and lets hope Kevin and the CB Team reaches out to Alec and Marty Mallick.
    Last edited by BBRYverum; 08-20-13 at 04:33 PM.
    08-20-13 03:50 PM
    Same goes for Google Playstore, Apple Appstore, Samsung appstore, etc. etc.
    08-20-13 04:00 PM
    I agree but Alec Saunders and Marty Mallack aimed to get a "quality" appstore
    08-20-13 04:06 PM
    hi welcome to crackberry .
    please update your profile to had currently use device and network to have better assistance if ever you need help with your phone.

for your research, i noticed that there was an accuracy problem. you have searched for s4bb witch is a website like crackberry but also make A LOT OF APPS. they 1000"s apps out there and that doesn't mean all there apps are the same.
    you noted it like if there were 47000 apps named s4bb with the same purpose and that is not the truth.
    for the rest, it is fairly comparable to other platform if you take the same time to make the same kind of research on google play and the app store.
    please make sure that you compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges

that said, i do have to admit that we need more quality apps but i will not be picky for now and let the numbers go up. once the devs have all the api needed to create quality apps, than i will expect things to get better in app quality.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    08-20-13 04:08 PM
    and were did you got that 25k mypin apps? are you just trowing big numbers in there?
    i dont like searching for a nothing and after 10 minutes looking for anything that would explain your BIG NUMBERS , i cant figure out how you got there....
    SDTRMG likes this.
    08-20-13 04:12 PM
    One man's junk is another man's treasure...don't be a hater, be happy...It's good to have choices
    I have been reading quite a lot about the numbers in appworld and after the latest report I thought I should have a look how bad it really is. Currently BB has around 125k apps available to Q10, Q5 and Z10. More apps are available for the Z10 than for the Q- series - just keep that in mind.

You can do this search your self to see that I am not telling any bull****.

I went to appworld on my pc and entered seach terms to see what comes up.

first was S4BB = incredible 47000 apps

now I wanted to know how many bad map apps we have - remember that they always show up if you open appworld and search for new apps.
    Most of them are map apps.

I entered world offline maps

they have 1757 apps

than[B] place star inc[/B]
    1936 apps

and city navigator maps
    1909 apps .

and the list goes on: go back to march and have a look what mippin posted via twitter = we now have over 25k mippin apps in BB world.

I don't want to damage BBRY but right now I think it can't get worse and BB needs to tell us what they are really doing.

Alec Saunders always said we are aiming for quality apps and not to get as many apps as possible like google did it.
    But this is the prove that BBworld is going the google way.

Alec Saunders pls STOP it before it is to late!

PS
    I own BBRY shares myself and know that this might cause a huge damage to my portfolio but I truly believe that this needs to be said to make BB10 a better system.
    so pls spread the word and lets hope Kevin and the CB Team reaches out to Alec and Marty Mallick.
    08-20-13 04:14 PM
    No you are wrong s4bb gives you only apps published by s4bb limited - try s4bb limited and the result turn out the same.
    Again I am not saying that all s4bb apps are crap but only a few are BuildForBlackBerry or would get it.

and with mippin = ask them in March they were more than happy to share their numbers with twitter users.
    08-20-13 04:15 PM
    I agree, but they have 800 thousand+ apps to cover them. Also they're app store UIs are a lot nicer so most people won't see them unless they do a very specific search.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:17 PM
    and were did you got that 25k mypin apps? are you just trowing big numbers in there?
    i dont like searching for a nothing and after 10 minutes looking for anything that would explain your BIG NUMBERS , i cant figure out how you got there....
    took me some time to find it but here you go:

https://twitter.com/Mippin/status/323711352856268800
    08-20-13 04:34 PM
    I agree, but they have 800 thousand+ apps to cover them. Also they're app store UIs are a lot nicer so most people won't see them unless they do a very specific search.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree ! blackberry fix this please!
    I talked to Alec Saunders back in 2011 during the BBjam asia and he said "we don't want to go the google way - we will have quality apps - apple has nearly 2000 flashlight apps and we do not need that too"
    08-20-13 04:42 PM
    took me some time to find it but here you go:

https://twitter.com/Mippin/status/323711352856268800
    Mippin !?!
    Ok.

1- they are a app builder ( they build apps for other companies)
    2- its 17000 not YOUR alleged 47 000
    3- they are different apps, not the same apps.
    All that said its that some company is really dedicated to develop for the platform...your complaint about that is again ? you are making me very confused....

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    08-20-13 04:48 PM
    Mippin !?!
    Ok.

1- they are a app builder ( they build apps for other companies)
    2- its 17000 not YOUR alleged 47 000
    3- they are different apps, not the same apps.
    All that said its that some company is really dedicated to develop for the platform...your complaint about that is again ? you are making me very confused....

Posted via CB10
    and thats what an developer I really admire says about it :

"@Berryreview: ONE App Developer Responsible for 47,000+ Apps in BB World? ONE App Developer Responsible for 47,000+ Apps in BlackBerry World? - BerryReview " What a joke. Should be banned, smh...

https://twitter.com/BrianScheirer/st...38340046311425

and @berryreview has pictures that prove my numbers! try it yourself like i said in my original post.

ONE App Developer Responsible for 47,000+ Apps in BlackBerry World? - BerryReview
    08-20-13 04:54 PM
    BlackBerry is promoting this behavior to be able to say they have 120k apps. Good luck trying to get anything to change.
    08-20-13 05:58 PM
    Totally agree. I have had experience with windows mobile, iOS, and android; I didn't need to purchase any apps back then with those platforms but I have to with BlackBerry. So far, I have probably purchased over 10+ apps to cover my basic needs with Z10, not to mention that I have to sideload quite a few of apps to be satisfied. Some may say " we don't need x, y, and Z apps" cuz we can always use the web version; some may also say, other platforms have the same xyz numb. of crap apps. In the end of the day, the market share tells the truth. That really explains well why they have succeed, but not BlackBerry. I honestly love the new BlackBerry 10 OS, but it still needs enough quality apps to be paired with.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 06:13 PM
    100K plus of useless aps on google and iOS. BBRY needs to work on getting high profile apps onto BB10.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    08-20-13 08:12 PM
    You guys also forget to mention that S4BB makes apps for other companies, business and people.

08-20-13 08:37 PM
    You guys also forget to mention that S4BB makes apps for other companies, business and people.
    And what does that mean? They have the right to SPAM the BBWorld to make money with crap?
    It was great if i could hide S4BB in the Search results. They have nothing useful for me and they force it to appear in my search results. 47k + less crap Apps in my search results with one block for me. That was nice.
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    08-21-13 06:46 AM
    Did anyone actually look at the apps the have up? Its 48238 under the search terms "S4BB Limited" since every city has its own guide and a bunch are books

And the website version of BB World sucks. I guess they think people only use it from their phones Google Play looks nice, ie makes you wanna go on more.. more likely to buy apps. BB World looks so circa 2009.
    08-21-13 01:59 PM
    How many apps need a store and how many programmes or games you can buy in your local store for a mac of windows PC. Yes maybe 1000 if you lucky and yes with steam more games but most games are no good. With apps is the same thing you only needed 50 apps to use at max and the rest is because it's a app.

Don't forget i don't see old games from 4-5 years ago in the blackberry store but you can find them in the android store. Trust me if i say that form every apps store most apps are bull. I had 4-5 years an android mobile and the android store was complete crap also and what to think about the apple store how many tetris game where there at one moment 100 or something . Whatever.

I bought just a playbook last week. This is another one in the house and not because of the apps. The only app i was missing on my z10 was my bankaccount but i used a android one and it works great and it's start quicker then on my friend HTC Oneplus . He also liked how BB10 is working but never hear him talking about apps. He have 62 apps with all the apps there where allready there and 21 are games and a few are newspaper but he doesnt use them because mostly he use the browser. So what apps.

In the Netherlands a big newspaper was talking about 120k apps and 47.000 where complet worthless and that BB is trying to sell the company since 2012 but that newspaper has no love because most comments are just out of the blue like there color. There is much iphone love.
    08-22-13 12:57 AM
    I agree : no system needs 1mio apps like android and ios but I doesn't matter to have the choice.

What it needs is a good system that takes care of finding what you are looking for.

And right now BlackBerry World is a mess!

Look at apple even they did not manage to get an awesome system - and they are the "awesomeness company "

What it needs is some kind of a system that helps people to find the apps they need in no time.

And maybe it does not need 1000+ flash light apps.
    That was what Alec Saunders always said before bb10 launched and now we do have the flashlight problem - it's a map's problem.

BlackBerry was aiming for quality and got quantity and no system that helps users to navigate through the app jungle.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 01:50 AM
    I agree : no system needs 1mio apps like android and ios but I doesn't matter to have the choice.

What it needs is a good system that takes care of finding what you are looking for.

And right now BlackBerry World is a mess!

Look at apple even they did not manage to get an awesome system - and they are the "awesomeness company "

What it needs is some kind of a system that helps people to find the apps they need in no time.

And maybe it does not need 1000+ flash light apps.
    That was what Alec Saunders always said before bb10 launched and now we do have the flashlight problem - it's a map's problem.

BlackBerry was aiming for quality and got quantity and no system that helps users to navigate through the app jungle.

Posted via CB10
    Damn truth.

App Store looks tidy and professional and friendly. It's what you expect a store to be: easy to use and visually appealing. BlackBerry World is rubbish in comparison.

You haven't even mentioned the disastrous behavior of reducing the description of apps you have installed to the very basic, so when your friend asks "what's that about?" you're left speechless and can only say "um... try it yourself", to which they'll promptly answer "no, I have better things to do"

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-22-13 02:23 AM
    I have used iPhone since 2008, and BlackBerry World is much nicer than the App Store. The layout is far more logical and shows more useful information than App Store. I also much prefer BlackBerry World UI. In the App Store, there are tons of useless, bad, buggy apps - same with every app store. It's cluttered.

Z10 is my first BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 03:37 AM
    Quality Over Quantity
    You cannot compare Google, apple and blackberry app stores together. Apple and Google have more than 200k apps more than Blackberry, even though you find crappy apps in their app stores it will be fare less noticeable especially when you can still find the apps that you want/need. With any new mobile platform the focus should always be quality, they could have 2 million apps in the app stores the user will only download and actually use the ones most important to them and the best games. In my case my iPad has 120+ apps, my s4 180 apps, how many of them are actually important to me?
    #1 Youtube
    #2 Instagram
    #3 Facebook
    #4 Whats app
    #5 Vine
    #6 Skype
    #7 Twitter
    #8 Google Hangouts
    #9 Viber
    #10 Flixster
    #11 IMDB
    #12 Aamazon
    #13 Ebay
    #14 Paypal
    #15 Google Drive
    #16 Evernote
    #17 Microsoft Lync
    # 18 Office Suite Pro
    #19 Skitch
    #20 XE currency convertor
    #21 Google Now
    #22 Netflix
    # 23 Hulu+
    #24 Dropbox

The rest are Games I love games mainly from Gameloft and any quality game I could find I'll play it. To make me happy they would need to get all games from Gameloft, EA games, Virtua Tennis and a couple others with multiplayer support etc like Google play games or IOS games center

My point is, if BlackBerry App World had 100 Great Apps that people use everyday it would make up for the crappy apps in the store which is why Apple and Google customers have less to complain about.
    I love the Z10 I think it's the future of mobile OS platforms mainly when it comes to the gestures, keyboard and general the way it looks and performs, email management is far superior to any other mobile platform, the implementation of the hub is a feature I now cannot live without. The music player, video editor(Story maker) and other added functionality that comes built in is great. IOS however is far more simple I have often called my IPad a fancy and expensive app launcher, because without the apps IOS alone is boring as hell and not very functional, it goes to show you that app support and availability could be more important than anything else when it comes to general consumers and their Mobile devices.

Posted via CB10 via Z10
    bbschorsch likes this.
    08-22-13 05:36 AM