Does anyone have any idea how to reduce data usage when you are traveling out of the country. In the past with any previous blackberry before the 10's we always told employees that as long as they didn't open attachments they could send and receive as many emails as they wanted and we never once received a large bill despite the high roaming fees for data as much as $25/meg. But now with the new 10's out and roaming data dropping to about $1/meg we are starting to see higher bills and are even considering telling employees they can no longer travel with their blackberry's. I personally used 10 megs of data in one day despite the fact that I never even used my phone. It was turned on and must have been doing something in the background. I actually uninstalled all my apps and it still kept using data. After I got back someone pointed out and thought it may have been because I had blackberry protect turned on.

I wish they had some kind of feature to slow down data usage when roaming. I know a lot of people that used to travel and they would only use bbm to communicate and it was virtually free, but now if it's doing other stuff in the background that will be impossible. It would be a great feature if you could selectively turn on the things you wanted to use data when traveling.
    07-29-13 09:37 PM
    I kept a legacy device for just this reason. On tmo, it's only $10 extra per month and we can use it as a shared device for employees that are traveling.

We may need a 2nd one as well, it seems to be working.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 10:13 PM
    There's a "Data while Roaming" option you can turn off when out of the country to prevent any incoming data. Or you can unlock your phone and just buy a sim card from a carrier in the country you are in.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 11:14 PM