Hi all.

I will be traveling next week with my Z10 and I need to be able to use data. I have purchased a plan with AT&T for 120MB, which is ok, being that I'm only going to be away for 3 or 4 days. Now my question is: how can I use my data as efficiently as possible? Meaning how could I turn off automatic email downloads, stop apps that run in the background, etc.? Because they all use up your data, right? Is there a simple way of just disabling certain things like that, or do I have to go to each one of my accounts and disable it?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 12:35 PM
    I would suggest turning mobile data off, and only use wifi, short of removing accounts you don't need to turn on in the background. I haven't yet quite find an app that turns off mobile data for a period of time like they have on Android.
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    07-04-14 02:13 PM
    I can't remember which OS this was introduced on.. it might be 103 and above, I can't recal the first time I saw it, but there is (or will be) an option to toggle which accounts will poll for new messages while roaming. That will save you a bit if you have multiple accounts and only need certain ones while aboard.

Other apps, unless headless shouldn't use data unless you open them.. things like facebook and twitter will continue to receive events and messages unless you temporarily remove the accounts though.

It would be nice to have a setting that restricted all data EXCEPT for accounts or apps specifically allowed. Maybe someday!

Attachment 282962
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    07-04-14 02:19 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 02:48 PM
    Hi all.

I will be traveling next week with my Z10 and I need to be able to use data. I have purchased a plan with AT&T for 120MB, which is ok, being that I'm only going to be away for 3 or 4 days. Now my question is: how can I use my data as efficiently as possible? Meaning how could I turn off automatic email downloads, stop apps that run in the background, etc.? Because they all use up your data, right? Is there a simple way of just disabling certain things like that, or do I have to go to each one of my accounts and disable it?

Posted via CB10
    Your BlackBerry Z10 is SIM card exchangeable so that means you can have it unlocked (if it's carrier locked) and go get a local number and prepaid data plans so as to avoid roaming charges.

Works wonders for me when I'm out of country.

Posted via CB10
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    07-04-14 03:04 PM