Hi all,

I write because I need some advice. The one thing I still utilize BlackBerry 10 for is Password Keeper. As of yet, I have not found a seamless, effective way to migrate the data to a comparable Android application. For example, the only way I could find to do it was to decrypt the data, export it as a csv spreadsheet, then import it into a competitor program. Even in doing all that, almost all of the fields were messed up and it proved too much work to reorganize it.

Is there no other way? Which solution do you recommend on Android?

If only BlackBerry would make Priv apps available on other Android devices for a fee...I'd buy Password Keeper in a heartbeat.

--STV
    01-31-16 09:10 PM
    Bump.

--STV
    02-01-16 02:27 PM
    I will be facing the same issue when transfering to Android in the future. My take on this issue is that you have few solutions:
    1. Go with Priv and continue BB's password keeper
    2. Go with any Android phones that run Andr 5.1.1 and above then download BB's Password Keeper
    3. Find an alternative and compatible app (for example, My Passwords - Pro version) which can import the data from BB10's Password Keeper
    02-01-16 03:48 PM
    EnPass works a treat. In stall on both BB10 and Andriod and sync, job done

Posted via CrackBerry App
    02-01-16 03:58 PM
    2. Go with any Android phones that run Andr 5.1.1 and above then download BB's Password Keeper
    This would be my ideal solution, but to my knowledge it isn't possible. And if it is possible, it involves manipulating the system by some form of sideloading, probably involving rooting and/or using some third party software to get around restrictions which I'm just not willing to do.

Now,as for the next poster's offered solution, are you suggesting installing Enpass directly on my BB 10 and syncing them up from there to avoid having to export them and deal with fields getting messed up in a CSV format? Will doing this as you suggested preserve at least most fields?

Thanks a million for both of your answers.

--STV
    02-01-16 05:01 PM
    This would be my ideal solution, but to my knowledge it isn't possible. And if it is possible, it involves manipulating the system by some form of sideloading, probably involving rooting and/or using some third party software to get around restrictions which I'm just not willing to do.

Now,as for the next poster's offered solution, are you suggesting installing Enpass directly on my BB 10 and syncing them up from there to avoid having to export them and deal with fields getting messed up in a CSV format? Will doing this as you suggested preserve at least most fields?

Thanks a million for both of your answers.

--STV
    Sideload an APK, to your knowledge is "involves manipulating the system"? Dude, relax. Do some research, read a little more. It is just a common way to install an Android app.
    If you want to stay safe, stay with BB10. Otherwise, once you get to Android...well

BTW, Enpass cost 10$ to eliminate the limit of 20 records. Most overly priced app I have ever seen.
    02-01-16 10:22 PM
    I think there's a thread for this,wait I'm looking for it
    02-01-16 10:26 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1059855

I think you can use password keeper on your Android device
    3yE likes this.
    02-01-16 10:30 PM
    Sideload an APK, to your knowledge is "involves manipulating the system"? Dude, relax. Do some research, read a little more. It is just a common way to install an Android app.
    If you want to stay safe, stay with BB10. Otherwise, once you get to Android...well

BTW, Enpass cost 10$ to eliminate the limit of 20 records. Most overly priced app I have ever seen.
    Yes, and then you have an app that's not really designed for your device. No thanks. Not to mention you have to download it and trust that one dude that leaned the APK as it's not like you can download them for an official source.

For anyone else curious my solution ended up being what the one guy said above-- download Enpass on the BlackBerry 10 and transfer it directly rather than using a CSV file on the computer. Doing it this way worked flawlessly and preserved all of my fields.

--STV
    02-07-16 10:39 AM