Hey all,
    What's the consensus on the easiest or most sure method of transferring all data (ie: txts, emails, call history, etc) from a Q10 to a Classic?

Years ago, I remember using BlackBerry link I think to clone a q10.

I'm hoping to replace my fathers q10 with a cobalt classic and set it up without the blackberry ID - and it would be wonderful to have the contacts, call history, text messages, emails (1000's) to transfer over.

Tia!
    03-02-21 12:27 PM
    Afaik you can't restore any backup without bbid, but fixme.
    For contacts you can sync with carddav, calendar with caldav, mails should be easy with imap.
    03-02-21 12:52 PM
    Afaik you can't restore any backup without bbid, but fixme.
    For contacts you can sync with carddav, calendar with caldav, mails should be easy with imap.
    You need to have the same BBID on the receiving device as encoded in the Link backup.
    03-02-21 12:58 PM
    Hey all,
    What's the consensus on the easiest or most sure method of transferring all data (ie: txts, emails, call history, etc) from a Q10 to a Classic?

Years ago, I remember using BlackBerry link I think to clone a q10.

I'm hoping to replace my fathers q10 with a cobalt classic and set it up without the blackberry ID - and it would be wonderful to have the contacts, call history, text messages, emails (1000's) to transfer over.

Tia!
    Use Ultimate Backup.

http://runisoft.com/index.php?option...=78&Itemid=485
    03-02-21 12:59 PM
    If it were me at this stage I’d use Link as only link can restore phone logs afaik.
    03-04-21 10:41 AM
    If it were me at this stage I’d use Link as only link can restore phone logs afaik.
    Link is a disastrous piece of rubbish software. It also transfers every bug you ever had to another device too.

You're right about phone logs though.
    Last edited by conite; 03-04-21 at 12:31 PM.
    03-04-21 11:50 AM
    Link is a disastrous piece of rubbish software. It also transfers every bug you ever had to another device too.

You're right about phone logs though.
    I always used it to transfer between my 4 BB10 phones on a regular basis and never once had a problem, just lucky I guess!
    03-04-21 02:13 PM