Been having issues with apps that use the Android runtime since yesterday. Tried deleting/reinstalling a few apps but no luck. The one app I really wanted to get working had a ported version in BB World (reebee) so I tried to download it from there but it would not install completely. Tried to download the Android runtime fix from BB World, which didn't work after the first reboot but on the second reboot I also checked for a software update and although the version didn't change it says it loaded new software. Android apps started working but the elusive reebee did not and now I am stuck again with no working Android apps. There is a hanging notification in the Quick Settings drop down which one would normally see when an app install is in progress via BB World, see the attached screenshot. Any way to get rid of this notification (no change after several reboots)? Could it be the culprit preventing Android runtime to fix itself?

'Transfer' stuck (Passport)-img_20180104_092626.jpg
    01-04-18 10:01 AM
    What OS are you on? That patch can cause problems if you aren't on the old version it applied too.
    the brother likes this.
    01-04-18 10:29 AM
    If you are on any version of OS other than 10.3.2.2876, you probably have borked your ART by running that patch from BBW. You may be looking at an OS install with autoloader to fix things.
    the brother likes this.
    01-04-18 10:34 AM
    If you are on any version of OS other than 10.3.2.2876, you probably have borked your ART by running that patch from BBW. You may be looking at an OS install with autoloader to fix things.
    I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205 but the problems I had started before I ran the runtime patch from BlackBerry World
    01-04-18 10:38 AM
    I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205 but the problems I had started before I ran the runtime patch from BlackBerry World
    That may be, but you are now looking at a BBLink OS restore or autoloader (preferable) IMO. Someone else (conite?) may correct me on this perhaps.
    the brother likes this.
    01-04-18 10:42 AM
    Best bet is to reload your OS with the latest Autoloader and start over.

If you have issues with individual Android Apps, take some time to research if they work or not....
    01-04-18 11:59 AM
    Just FYI, I have been using the reebee app for 5-6 months now and it is a really well done android port and runs great on my Passport. It has been getting regular updates til now as well.
    the brother likes this.
    01-04-18 12:02 PM
    Just FYI, I have been using the reebee app for 5-6 months now and it is a really well done android port and runs great on my Passport. It has been getting regular updates til now as well.
    I installed the latest apk directly but I noticed that the version in BB World was recently updated for Black Friday which is great. I might rollback to the older version I was using as it seemed a little easier to search and had a better use of space.

BUT I digress, although reebee was the app I was trying to launch yesterday when I noticed none of my Andoid apps were working, I truly do not believe it was the culprit. Coincidentally, when I searched out the ART patch in BB World there was another user that was experiencing the EXACT problem I was having...black screen upon launching any Android apps.

I was a bit more patient today in taking steps to fix the ART so let me outline what I did in case it helps others in the forums.

I started by trying to circle back to think of what might have caused the 'Transfer' issue mentioned in the first post. When attempting to uninstall the apk reebee and reinstall from BB World, there was also an update for the native Password Keeper. It also did not complete install yet when I left the phone alone and came back after some time it appeared they had both completed installation. Then the dreaded black screen returned, reebee being an Android port produced a black screen as well. Password Keeper appeared to be working but I surmised that it was possibly causing the 'Transfer' error.

1) the ART patch in BBW was already installed, I clicked 'Open' to initialize it
    2) hard reboot (hold down power until the LED turns off)
    3) allow settle time (5 mins)
    4) ******check for software update****** and a 2 MB patch appeared:
    'Transfer' stuck (Passport)-img_20180104_105514.jpg
    5) install and hard reboot:
    'Transfer' stuck (Passport)-img_20180104_105532.jpg
    6) allow settle time (5 mins or more).
    7) The 'Transfer' message was gone! Password Keeper appeared again as requiring an update. I ran that and was successful.
    8) Open an Android app. I used Telegram for the test. It worked, tested an old Instagram apk which also worked.

Installed the latest reebee apk from by folder (not from BBW) and it worked this time!

Hope this might help someone ..... maybe ART fixes for Passport require its own thread. If you saw this thread title would you think ART fix steps were here? lol.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-04-18 01:58 PM