While I am more and more happy with my z10 as the gestures etc become ingrained second nature ( had since day 1). I find myself picking up my son's curve 9320 (used to be mine) and frobbing the track pad often-- there is something to not having to move one's finger around the screen that is hard to beat.
    Touch -screen is all the rage and is the best for a lot of actions... but like IBM/lenovo's 'track point' on laptops it just makes sense to not have to move ones finger all around unnecessarily.......

I'm not expecting BlackBerry to release another track pad but it may be rediscovered at sometime in the future.

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    09-13-13 10:42 PM
    Trackpad is one of those things some people cant do without. You are not the only one!
    bobauckland and majorsound like this.
    09-13-13 10:44 PM
    I have had my Zed for 4 months now & I don't think I can go back to a track pad. Actually had quite a laugh when my mate swopped phones to play with. Even though you know it's a apple, you still try to Zed gesture around the phone, feels like you've gone back in time using it. I was only too happy to have my phone back! I let him try the phone for himself before saying anything about the gestures, got really frustrated & the usual ' what a crap phone' came out. Once I showed him, very different story.
    09-13-13 10:58 PM
    I love what 10 has done, but I use three phones, and apart from my Z10/Q10 I still use my 9900 as well. It's a - different feeling. There is something special about trackpads. Hope for a return.
    bobauckland likes this.
    09-13-13 11:03 PM
    I have had my Zed for 4 months now & I don't think I can go back to a track pad. Actually had quite a laugh when my mate swopped phones to play with. Even though you know it's a apple, you still try to Zed gesture around the phone, feels like you've gone back in time using it.
    You're thinking of the Trackpad being a navigation tool to scroll through lists, menus, etc...

Most people who miss the trackpad used it for precise cursor placement, text selection and manipulation. Selecting a block of text with the trackpad was a breeze compared to using the little blue handles.
    bobauckland and Mel25 like this.
    09-14-13 02:25 AM
    There's a track pad available in BB WORLD for download. Don't know how good it is though.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-14-13 04:26 AM
    I so miss my trackpad :'( RIP bold 9930

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:32 PM
    There's a track pad available in BB WORLD for download. Don't know how good it is though.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    Yeah but it doesn't apply a virtual track pad to all the phone's apps; can only be used in its own app. I really wish BlackBerry would offer a virtual track pad that one could bring up with a gesture. Would be fantastic for text editing.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 09:22 PM
    Ideally, they could have put a sensor track pad under the BlackBerry logo on the Z10.

That would have been awesome!

Not sure if that would be technically possible though.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:18 PM
    Ideally, they could have put a sensor track pad under the BlackBerry logo on the Z10.

That would have been awesome!

Not sure if that would be technically possible though.

Posted via CB10
    Then we would probably have gotten an un removeable back like the Q5 and Z30 as to protect the sensor or such

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:30 PM
    I thought I would really miss the track pad, but the other day when I was in a T-Mobile store, I was playing with whatever Curve is out now (9320?) which was turned ON and functional just like the Q10 and Z10 were (the display also had flyers with BlackBerry 10 info...it was all nice to see).

I played around with that Curve for a few minutes while waiting for my turn to be called, and for me, the allure of the track pad is totally gone now. I just don't see the usefulness of it now on my Q10. I know many have said that it helped them click on links in emails or the Web browser, but I seem to be able to zoom in really easily and them click the link.

The one thing that the trackpad did help was the copy and paste process, and I still think this can be improved, maybe by holding Alt and then using one finger to select the text, then when we release our fingers, a menu appears with options to Cut or Copy.

I do miss the end/call keys though. Nothing like hitting a button and being sure you've hung up.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:20 AM
    I thought I would really miss the track pad, but the other day when I was in a T-Mobile store, I was playing with whatever Curve is out now (9320?) which was turned ON and functional just like the Q10 and Z10 were (the display also had flyers with BlackBerry 10 info...it was all nice to see).

I played around with that Curve for a few minutes while waiting for my turn to be called, and for me, the allure of the track pad is totally gone now. I just don't see the usefulness of it now on my Q10. I know many have said that it helped them click on links in emails or the Web browser, but I seem to be able to zoom in really easily and them click the link.

The one thing that the trackpad did help was the copy and paste process, and I still think this can be improved, maybe by holding Alt and then using one finger to select the text, then when we release our fingers, a menu appears with options to Cut or Copy.

I do miss the end/call keys though. Nothing like hitting a button and being sure you've hung up.

Posted via CB10
    For me the track pad is ALL about ease of text selection. If I never needed to select / copy / paste text, I wouldn't miss the trackpad at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:47 AM
    Then we would probably have gotten an un removeable back like the Q5 and Z30 as to protect the sensor or such

Posted via CB10
    Maybe... but many of the legacy BlackBerry's had a sensor trackpad (versus a scroll wheel one) and also had removable batts.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:49 AM
    oddly i missed the trackpad when i had my Z but on the Q i didn't miss it at all. I think, for me, with the Q there are so many less typos than on the Z i rarely fell i need or miss it. For the occasional placement the bubble tool is ok, it could be better, maybe if it tracked on the line better with less jumping up and down.
    09-16-13 06:40 AM
    Love my q10 but I wish BlackBerry would have ignored the toy phone craze and kept the trackpad. As far as touch screens go, this is as good as it gets but the trackpad is better and faster and much more elegant....sometimes less is more.

I'm not so I can't but I would if I could so if you would please do and I will if I can.
    09-16-13 06:55 AM
    While I am more and more happy with my z10 as the gestures etc become ingrained second nature ( had since day 1). I find myself picking up my son's curve 9320 (used to be mine) and frobbing the track pad often-- there is something to not having to move one's finger around the screen that is hard to beat.
    Touch -screen is all the rage and is the best for a lot of actions... but like IBM/lenovo's 'track point' on laptops it just makes sense to not have to move ones finger all around unnecessarily.......

I'm not expecting BlackBerry to release another track pad but it may be rediscovered at sometime in the future.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this. Every time I use my wife's Bold 9900 the track pad is like a slice of heaven. Don't get me wrong, I'm used to BlackBerry 10 and love it, but you just can't beat the track pad. It really is like the Leno trackpoint.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:30 AM