My brother and I share a plan. He has a Q10 and I have a Z10. Both on latest OS.

We are starting to think Telus is lying about our data consumption because it doesn't look realistic.

This month I got told by Telus I used x4 what I usually use. Which is honestly hard to believe, as I work from home and my phone sits on my desk on wifi all day.

QUESTIONS:
    1. If phone is on wifi, that does automatically take charge over phone data right?

2. Is there an accurate app that can tell me where data is being used up? Telus says they can't tell us, and neither of us un apps or anything that sucks data up.... so we really want to be able to track this and see I Telus is truly screwing with us.
    11-19-15 02:30 PM
    My brother and I share a plan. He has a Q10 and I have a Z10. Both on latest OS.

We are starting to think Telus is lying about our data consumption because it doesn't look realistic.

This month I got told by Telus I used x4 what I usually use. Which is honestly hard to believe, as I work from home and my phone sits on my desk on wifi all day.

QUESTIONS:
    1. If phone is on wifi, that does automatically take charge over phone data right?

2. Is there an accurate app that can tell me where data is being used up? Telus says they can't tell us, and neither of us un apps or anything that sucks data up.... so we really want to be able to track this and see I Telus is truly screwing with us.
    I'll speak to my experiences. If both WiFi and data are on the phone will use WiFi if it's available.
    There have been some people who have reported BBM using enormous amounts of data on some of the early iterations of it. Make sure you have the latest version.

Flip data off for a few days and compare what data usage is being reported in the device monitor with your provider.

Personally I keep my data turned off until such time as I need it. I think I've used 21Mb so far this month.

Nope, it's 25.2Mb indicated in device monitor with actual usage of 16Mb as reported by my provider.
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 11-19-15 at 02:59 PM.
    11-19-15 02:45 PM
    I use Data Usage Counter which can be found in BBW. It's a paid for app but well worth it and pretty accurate.

It can show both wifi and carrier data among other options.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    11-19-15 07:38 PM