Hello, is it possible to disable this feature(or a bug) when somebody is calling you and you touch the phone(in my case it's z30) and ringtone stops to play? Also it stops vibrating. I always miss calls when the phone is in my pocket because of this.
    06-09-14 06:00 AM
    Noticed that too and +1 to the request !
    Not sure exactly when it started, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't the case on BB10 early builds ...

Edit: this is IMHO a UI problem, as the function is usefull (ability to mute the ring tone by pressing the "note" symbol on bottom right of the screen) and it appears the whole screen reacts to this (with no revert, btw). I'll check if there's a bug report for that.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-11-14 at 03:52 AM. Reason: "bottom right", not left.
    06-09-14 06:42 AM
    Noticed that too and +1 to the request !
    Not sure exactly when it started, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't the case on BB10 early builds ...
    It's always been there SF. It's actually a feature I really enjoy but I haven't had any issues with missed calls either.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 06:45 AM
    CJ, to me, it began after the new call UI ... (I've edited my previous post) but I can be wrong.
    edit: no real problem missing calls though.
    06-09-14 06:49 AM
    When am riding my bike, i find this feature extremely useful. When i get a call, i just tap on the display which is under my jeans pocket cloth and the ringtone will be muted. Even when am on my car, i dont even look at who's calling, i just tap on the display and boom! magic! i love this and Please dont remove this feature.
    BB has already removed awesome signature features like Swipe up/down for calls, Tap anywhere to take a pic when on the camera. I miss these! :'(

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    der_mit likes this.
    06-09-14 06:56 AM
    Imo the whole screen shouldn't react like this. A small pictogram to mute the ringtone is enough. I do not use any case for my z30 and the call is always accidentally muted when in pocket.
    06-09-14 07:19 AM
    Imo the whole screen shouldn't react like this. A small pictogram to mute the ringtone is enough. I do not use any case for my z30 and the call is always accidentally muted when in pocket.
    Use a leather holster, and your problem will be solved.

der_mit likes this.
    06-09-14 07:47 AM
    z30 is quite big even without any holster. And fixing misbehavior and/or bug by wrapping phone in holster, huh? If it was a cheap chinease noname phone I wouldn't even register to write this, but it's Blackberry mate, I want it stable.
    06-09-14 10:25 AM
    z30 is quite big even without any holster. And fixing misbehavior and/or bug by wrapping phone in holster, huh? If it was a cheap chinease noname phone I wouldn't even register to write this, but it's Blackberry mate, I want it stable.
    It is not a bug nor is it "misbehaving". It is doing what it is supposed to do! Its a feature and when a conducting body such as ur leg muscles or ur fingers touches the screen, the ringtone is supposed get muted.

der_mit likes this.
    06-09-14 10:31 AM
    All I need is one little switch in the settings to turn it off and on. No other phone I had behaved that weird by default. Why the hell touching the phones front side disables all notifications of the incoming call? Not that obvious for me.
    06-09-14 11:46 AM
    I totally agree with you. For this reason abandoned my z 10.
    06-09-14 12:02 PM
    Thanks. I will abandon my z30 for this and a dozen more reasons.
    06-09-14 08:24 PM
    accidentally, I miss a lot of calls
    06-10-14 12:17 AM
    This problem and the pocket dialling problem ceased being a problem for me when I realised the phone was reacting to my thigh through my thin pocket fabric and started placing my phone with the screen facing away from my thigh.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-10-14 02:51 AM
    ^^^ THIS.
    But I don't like the idea of my screen being exposed to facing shocks ... and a case is not an option for me.
    Shouldn't be that difficult to add a parameter "mute ringtones on whole screen" that will still allow the current behavior, yet can offer to limit the feature to the "note symbol" at the bottom right... I would add ... "as expected".
    afhstingray likes this.
    06-11-14 03:47 AM
    Just face the phone away from your tigh. It's not that complicated.
    As someone else already mentioned it's very useful to be able to tap the outside of your pocket to make it shut up, too

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:00 AM
    I know but remember how people were crucifying Steve jobs when he said "you're holding it wrong "?

Just one of many things I've had to do because I was 'holding it wrong'
    06-11-14 05:16 AM
    FYI/FWIW: I've posted a "I can make it better" suggestion about this, right here : https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....on-full-screen . Vote ( and we'll be heard !

P.S: nice occasion to remind you all can also ask directly to BlackBerry ! Enroll the program !!!
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    06-16-14 03:26 AM
    Oh, thanks. I didn't know about it.
    06-16-14 04:27 AM