I know we are only seeing the Alpha device and this is not the final version but this gives us an idea of what is to come.

I'm torn because I liked the device. The specs and some of the video/camera capabilities are really nice. Even the virtual keyboard seemed something I could live with. I liked the way it plants the words into the keyboard. I'm sure it is going to be an awesome device but...

I just love my Bold 9930.
    I know the security and reliability will be there but:
    I love my physical keyboard and all its awesome shortcuts.
    I love my ability to quickly swap batteries.
    I love how rugged my Bold is. I've dropped it twice and it just keeps on trucking.

I know there will be many benefits to the BB10 devices and I'm an early adopter that loves supporting RIM but I am so torn... For me the Bold 9930 is the best smartphone available (I said for me not the best period. To each his/her own).

In the past I just picked up the latest and greatest from BlackBerry as soon as it came out but now I'm just torn. Maybe I'll stick with my Bold but maybe I'll go BB10. Is anyone else feeling the same way?

I'm happy to see the Alpha device because there is no question it will appeal to many and grow the user base in my view. Hey, choice is good. I'll just have to give it a try when it comes out I guess.

Either way, all the best for BB10 at launch.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 05-01-12 at 10:50 AM.
    05-01-12 10:48 AM
    I hope they do well. But I really wish they would put a removable battery in the phone and still allow it to have expandable memory. That flexibility to me is valuable and keeps me on the platform(among other things) and away from the iOS line.
    05-01-12 11:04 AM
    And... OP u said all this to say what?
    05-01-12 11:14 AM
    I love my WorkBerry, 9930 and hope to keep it for some time, but fortunately, I have a personal BlackBerry just dying to be upgrade...
    05-01-12 11:27 AM
    I hope they do well. But I really wish they would put a removable battery in the phone and still allow it to have expandable memory. That flexibility to me is valuable and keeps me on the platform(among other things) and away from the iOS line.
    thats a big thing for me. I have it in my bold, y not on this?
    05-01-12 11:31 AM
    I'm torn too. I'm hoping there will be a removable battery in the works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-01-12 11:36 AM
    I was blown away by BB10! I'm so excited for it! I love my Torch 9810, but I really want to purchase a BB10 device off-contract when they come later this year.

It's going to be a party here on CB on launch day and I don't want to miss out!
    05-01-12 11:39 AM
    Did they say the final hardware wouldn't deliver some of those features? Why shouldn't a final device offer memory cards and replaceable batteries?

Personally a physical keyboard is the number one factor in choosing a phone. As long as BBX doesn't deliver, I don't see any desire to upgrade to an BBX device. However it is great to see how RIM cares about designing a virtual keyboard. But for me, all this fancy new stuff simply won't beat the joy of hammering real buttons while writing a text.
    05-01-12 11:41 AM
    Did they say the final hardware wouldn't deliver some of those features? Why shouldn't a final device offer memory cards and replaceable batteries?

Personally a physical keyboard is the number one factor in choosing a phone. As long as BBX doesn't deliver, I don't see any desire to upgrade to an BBX device. However it is great to see how RIM cares about designing a virtual keyboard. But for me, all this fancy new stuff simply won't beat the joy of hammering real buttons while writing a text.
    This is why I love RIM for giving this choice of what we want!

I used to be like this too, which is why I got a Torch 9810. I used to only use the physical KB, but I'm about 50/50 (depending on the mood, sometimes 75/25 virtual/physical) between physical and virtual and would not mind trading a physical KB for a full-touch BB10 device, especially after what we saw today (wouldn't do this for any other device).

It's all personal preference, though. Just adding my $0.02.
    05-01-12 11:57 AM
    I just hope bb gets the OS smooth, non battery pulls needed with bb10. If they can create a smooth fluid experience I think that alone could get many to switch and would get me to seriously consider coming back to bb.
    05-01-12 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD