I think I've reached my limit of reading the words, "Too little, too late".

The majority of people who say this either haven't written a a single line of code outside of printf("Hello World!"); haven't ever worked on any kind of large scale software project, or write technology articles for certain online "publications" claiming to be "experts" and rehash the same quote daily for months on end because they can't think of anything original to write.

If you can't wrap your head around what has happened in the past two years, you need not comment. For those of you who already understand the incredible transformation that this software/hardware company has gone through, please ignore the rest of this post while I spell it out for everyone else.

In two years, Blackberry has:
    - Created a mobile OS from the ground up.
    - Revamped their enterprise MDM solution from the ground up, and added iOS and Android SWS.
    - Created a new app store, from the ground up.
    - Released new handsets.

"So what, who cares?" Well...

they did this while their stock was tanking, they were losing employees, the media is printing negative articles about them 24/7 (some of them justified), they were losing market share everywhere (and still are in some areas).

"and..., I still don't care..."

well, my point is: despite all the money that Apple, Microsoft, Google, Samsung, etc. have, this dying "too little, too late" little Canadian company came out with the best MDM solution (BES10) and the securest phones that beat them all to the DoD. God, that is truly pathetic. Now before you say, "But Samsung has Knox, and it will kick a..." shut it. Knox currently only supports the SG4 (as far as I know, and even care). Will it expand to support other devices in the future, sure, will it still suck, likely... but it doesn't mater because it will be too little, too late. :P

"Yeah, but Android has 900,000 apps, Crapberry only has 120,000"
    Wrong. Android only has 120,000 apps as well, the rest are malware.

"Yeah, but iOS is innovative, BB10 sucks"
    Right, like how it took 3 iOS releases before copy and paste was available? "Hey Joe, iOS3 has CnP!", "What?, Really!", "Yeah man, I can't believe it either!", "Man, this phone is soooo awesome!"
    Or 7 releases until true multitasking was available?

So, if you want a phone or tablet that an elementary school uses to teach your kids how to doodle, you know what to get.
    If you want a phone that has more viruses than a Coney Island hooker, you know what to get.

If you want a real phone that doesn't need 4-8 cores to run antivirus apps that do nothing, that is a true multitasking wizard and is DoD approved... you know what to get. And yeah, it was worth the wait.

Peace out...

Rant.Enabled = False;

oops! Forgot about Windows Phones... no matter, everyone else will as well.
    08-08-13 06:43 PM
    Good stuff!
    08-08-13 06:51 PM
    Talking about quad-core?

"Too Little, Too Late..." Rant.Enabled = True;-img_00000482.png

Check how many quad-cores have lower benchmark score
    "Too Little, Too Late..." Rant.Enabled = True;-img_00000483.png

Apple? That's not even funny..

"Too Little, Too Late..." Rant.Enabled = True;-img_00000484.png

Apps? Yes required apps ok. But not 100 mil.

Os10 works so much better than others.

Camera? Nothing wrong with, mega pixels doesn't say anything

Posted via CB10
    sergey_IL and V22 like this.
    08-08-13 06:51 PM
    Agree with you 100%.

...hope you weren't referring to an earlier post by me from the DoD announcement today. Though I'm still upset my Z10 won't make me a sandwich.

Z10 STL100-3 | 10.1.0.4633 | Bell
    08-08-13 06:54 PM
    Agree with you 100%.

...hope you weren't referring to an earlier post by me from the DoD announcement today. Though I'm still upset my Z10 won't make me a sandwich.

To reply to my own comment:
    Now that I've had this phone for 6 months I'm simply amazed at what this phone can do. ...like it's almost easier to explain what this phone can't do.
    And I had to chuckle to myself "now I understand what that idiotic Super Bowl commercial was about!"

Last edited by laketrout73; 08-08-13 at 11:32 PM.
    DINGSTER1 and bunky1971 like this.
    08-08-13 07:03 PM
    While I agree with most of your rant,there is lot of room for improvement from Blackberry side, especially, in marketing. At this point, most of the problem with Blackberry is about perception. BB10 is an awesome product. They need someone charismatic at Blackberry who is loud mouth and is not afraid of speaking the truth and relentless in taking the media head on. Someone who scares sh*t out of media when they spread something false and negative about Blackberry. Once this perception changes and Blackberry starts getting respect it deserves then and only then new BB10 will take of. Until then you will see only nonconformist or die hard Blackberry fans trying this new BB10 OS. The other thing which Blackberry has not handled well is abandoning playbook. This was the most stupid move by Heins. It showed two things, first, that blackberry doesn't care about its loyal fans who stayed with them through all these years. Angry loyal fans doesn't bode well for Blackberry. Heins shouldn't have broken their trust that again comes back to bad perception about Blackberry. 2) It shows BB10 can't run on low spec hardware. That's the worst news about BB10 so far. That it needs minimum of 2gb of ram to run smoothly is unacceptable. How can they compete with Windows 8 in emerging markets if that holds true? Blackberry needs to optimize or strip down BB10 in order to run smoothly on low spec hardware otherwise I am afraid both Windows 8 and Android will take all their market share in the emerging like India and Indonesia. Then it will be game over for Blackberry. I don't think it's too little too late but they certainly need to do more to succeed.
    Olidamarra and deltact like this.
    08-08-13 07:21 PM

The majority of people who say this either haven't written a a single line of code outside of printf("Hello World!"); haven't ever worked on any kind of large scale software project, or write technology articles for certain online "publications" claiming to be "experts" and rehash the same quote daily for months on end because they can't think of anything original to write.

If you can't wrap your head around what has happened in the past two years, you need not comment. For those of you who already understand the incredible transformation that this software/hardware company has gone through, please ignore the rest of this post while I spell it out for everyone else.

- Revamped their enterprise MDM solution from the ground up, and added iOS and Android SWS.
    - Released new handsets.

they did this while their stock was tanking, they were losing employees, the media is printing negative articles about them 24/7 (some of them justified), they were losing market share everywhere (and still are in some areas).

well, my point is: despite all the money that Apple, Microsoft, Google, Samsung, etc. have, this dying "too little, too late" little Canadian company came out with the best MDM solution (BES10) and the securest phones that beat them all to the DoD. God, that is truly pathetic. Now before you say, "But Samsung has Knox, and it will kick a..." shut it. Knox currently only supports the SG4 (as far as I know, and even care). Will it expand to support other devices in the future, sure, will it still suck, likely... but it doesn't mater because it will be too little, too late. :P

Right, like how it took 3 iOS releases before copy and paste was available? "Hey Joe, iOS3 has CnP!", "What?, Really!", "Yeah man, I can't believe it either!", "Man, this phone is soooo awesome!"

So, if you want a phone or tablet that an elementary school uses to teach your kids how to doodle, you know what to get.
    If you want a phone that has more viruses than a Coney Island hooker, you know what to get.

If you want a real phone that doesn't need 4-8 cores to run antivirus apps that do nothing, that is a true multitasking wizard and is DoD approved... you know what to get. And yeah, it was worth the wait.

Peace out...

Rant.Enabled = False;

Bravo

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 07:40 PM
    Brilliant. Just shared the Rant=enabled with a couple of buddies. Pushing them to BB10. They are close. Already converted 4 other buddies. (2 past bold 9700 users).

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-08-13 08:22 PM
    Agreed OP they have done a ton and don't get enough credit for it. They need to keep their foot down and keep up the speed of innovation and improvement. I still have hope they will do well if they keep on that path. No time to be complacent.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-08-13 11:05 PM
    It's never been about the tremendous accomplishments in so many areas by BB/RIM culminating in the release of a credible BB10 and the Z/Q's this spring. The BB10 was a very good effort but, relative to the competition, it was horribly flawed at intro thereby making up little ground in the eyes of the (potential) consumer. It's more about proper focus, proper use of capital, capital markets generally, and, in the end, the possibility of being crushed by the heavy weights. BB had inarguably fallen so far behind its competitors as to be out of sight; the champion that hasn't won a match in five years but still has loyal fans with good memories.

The DOD news is somewhat recycled old news having been discussed back in April even as there is a recent announcement that states the U.S. Govt will ready (not purchase) a platform for 30,000 BB phones , citing the security found with BB's. That announcement, of course, is more useful for marketing purposes than as a predictor for contribution of material BB sales. (Also, an argument also can be made: "If it's good enough for Uncle Sam, it isn't good enough for me." So be careful, the trend is away from trust for govt and its advice?!)

And, as correctly cited by an earlier poster, it is no longer IOS and Android but W8 especially in emerging markets that may firmly implant itself as number 3 this summer. The real measurement will be whether BB10 makes up any ground on W8 phones this summer/early fall. I have to agree that BB might be in the process of being squeezed from the bottom (emerging markets) as well as the top end buyer Apple/Droid buyers.

"Never Too Late" is my belief .... but, as an outsider, the "book" is on "Too Little, Too Late" for BB to survive with its present corporate structure and operational plan. The intro of BB10 and the Z/Q phones is the last ditch effort: Sell twenty million minimum by year's end or BB will begin restructuring behind the scenes in 2014 and new ownership will emerge in 2015. ... BB needs to focus on a real BB10 niche, create a suitable marketing plan, and clean up some still pervasive, annoying BB10 flaws to make it out-of-the-box ready or most of these BB10 efforts to date will be looked back upon as mental masturbation.
    08-09-13 12:14 PM

- Released new handsets.

Peace out...

Rant.Enabled = False;

This one is good... No weekly view Calendar on IOS!
    08-09-13 12:19 PM
    Well, I just had a BBM video call with my brother who's on the other side of the world, we booked a trip to hang out for our birthday. Managed to make a spreadsheet for the trip, booked the flights and browse all those important things you need to know when travelling, all on our z10s, all while BBM video chatting. My iPhone couldn't come close to being this useful.

Sure, the z10 takes a bit more to learn. But so does flying an airplane. The iPhone is more like a bike. Easy to ride. I like bikes, but I also gotta get **** done.

Love bb10. It ain't over till its over. **** those smug lemmings who have been listening to wall street traders that lost their proverbial shirt when BlackBerry shat the bed by missing the smartphone boat. Might have missed the original sailing, but flew to catch up.

Zedtenbitches
    08-09-13 06:19 PM
    Your funny!
    08-09-13 10:20 PM