First of all, I am not hating on BlackBerry nor do I try to imply it's over for them...
    What I am interested in is what you guys think about today's announcement and it's impact on the future of BlackBerry10 OS.

Will we still see regular updates for the OS and it's core applications such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.?

I love the OS, its deep hub integration of FB, Twitter etc, the android runtime of 10.2 (no more app problems) and the overall smoothness and focus on productivity. All I am concerned about is whether the platform will be properly updated. I recently bought a Q10 and gave my Z10 to my gf. I don't have an plans to sell my BlackBerry devices bc/ I am absolutely satisfied with the hardware and software.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 07:42 PM
    For software updates, I'll think we'll be good till 10.2 drops and if we don't hear anything from 10.3 after that
    About the core apps updates, those should be good for a short while (end of the year for sure) too

If you like the OS, just stay and use it. Nothing BB does would affect how your phone operates right now.
    09-20-13 07:48 PM
    I'm curious if part of the plan will include maturing the OS.....i hope so.

I love BB10

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    09-20-13 07:50 PM
    For software updates, I'll think we'll be good till 10.2 drops and if we don't hear anything from 10.3 after that
    About the core apps updates, those should be good for a short while (end of the year for sure) too

If you like the OS, just stay and use it. Nothing BB does would affect how your phone operates right now.
    I will stick to BB10 anyways, I really like the platform...:-)

I was more interested on people's view on OS updates

Posted via CB10
    Chanlion likes this.
    09-20-13 07:54 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry themselves could answer this question honestly. They don't know where they will be for whom they will be working one quarter from now, let alone what their long terms plans are for BB10 support.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    09-20-13 07:54 PM
    Happy with my z10 on 10.1. In no rush for 10.2. If I read the market report correctly they will be looking to franchise os10 so surely this means the os and apps would continue to develop. The question is will someone jump on the os to use in their phones. If they don't then a great os will indeed disappear, but I don't think this will happen anytime soon. What amazes me is how could the execs make such a pigs breakfast of selling some great phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:38 AM
    I would want to fire sale the entire Z10 and Q5 line =)). I would rather have those phones in the hands of many users to keep the subscribers flowing and to save the higher tier phones.

Z10 | Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725 | Globe PH
    09-21-13 03:45 AM
    Once 10.2 is out, and assuming there are no famous failures as on 10.1 MR; then would be a good time to price the Z10 and Q5 aggressively based on the write down prices. That should be just in time for the holidays.

All the rest is just the company finally being realistic about their current place in the world.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 08:08 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry themselves could answer this question honestly. They don't know where they will be for whom they will be working one quarter from now, let alone what their long terms plans are for BB10 support.
    I think that is the bottom line. I hope we get 10.2, I am somewhat counting on that. I am expecting nothing after that but hope I am wrong. But I think literally no one knows at this point.
    09-21-13 04:52 PM
    Happy with my z10 on 10.1. In no rush for 10.2. If I read the market report correctly they will be looking to franchise os10 so surely this means the os and apps would continue to develop. The question is will someone jump on the os to use in their phones. If they don't then a great os will indeed disappear, but I don't think this will happen anytime soon. What amazes me is how could the execs make such a pigs breakfast of selling some great phones.

Posted via CB10
    They said they were pulling away from the consumer market. I don't see how that gets to anywhere near the sales needed to generate interest from app developers. I don't see a lot of apps from here out. Again, I would love to be wrong, but I am not expecting much at all.
    09-21-13 04:55 PM
    hope they keep updating.......it would be a shame to watch it fall apart.
    09-22-13 07:38 AM
    I hope they will continue updating, i will see this for a month, to see if something positive happends, if not then i will try to sell my Z10 and will buy a Windowsphone, more then enough apps ( also dutch ) and that OS has also a lot potential .
    09-22-13 07:43 AM