Just a thought, but have you installed any new Apps before this all started happening ? I remember this happening when OS10 was first launched (2yrs) now. In my experience usually a recent App install may be the culprit...Worth considering!!

I'm running the latest .2582 on my SQW100-3 Passport. It's definitely been the best version to date!! How long have you had yours ?? How long has the resetting been going on?? Process of elimination is best way to troubleshoot!!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    Nope, haven't installed any new apps or even an update of an app. Just the OS update. The resets started happening a few hours before I posted about them and haven't occured since. If it happens again I'll reload the OS and set the whole thing up from scratch. I always do that, this was the first time that I received an update as I install nearly every leak. I'm not complaining about the reboots either, it's software so one can expect defects in it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Posted via CB10
    Norg likes this.
    03-26-15 05:43 PM
    Nope, haven't installed any new apps or even an update of an app. Just the OS update. The resets started happening a few hours before I posted about them and haven't occured since. If it happens again I'll reload the OS and set the whole thing up from scratch. I always do that, this was the first time that I received an update as I install nearly every leak. I'm not complaining about the reboots either, it's software so one can expect defects in it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Posted via CB10
    My pleasure, besides many brains are better than one right!! By-The-Way the only real issue that I experienced a few versions ago was the display flickering... luckily that's a thing of the past with the latest OS updates. Either way let me know how you make out.

03-26-15 06:33 PM
    My pleasure, besides many brains are better than one right!! By-The-Way the only real issue that I experienced a few versions ago was the display flickering... luckily that's a thing of the past with the latest OS updates. Either way let me know how you make out.

Update: No random reboots over the weekend, everyone seems to perfect. In fact, my battery has been outstanding, bringing up the average from 1 day and 1 hour to 1 day and 4 hours since the update.
    D3C0D3R and Norg like this.
    03-30-15 08:08 AM
    Update: No random reboots over the weekend, everyone seems to perfect. In fact, my battery has been outstanding, bringing up the average from 1 day and 1 hour to 1 day and 4 hours since the update.
    Excellent news indeed, I temporarily updated to the latest 2708 version but quickly reverted back after 2 days since the battery consumption increased considerably !! Everything Is back to normal after reverting to 2582.

03-30-15 10:48 PM
    Reporting back. My restarts seems random. Some days I go on without it, and some days once it starts, for the whole day, a couple of restarts is guaranteed. Today was while reading a Wikipedia article on browser. Next was when I took it out from my bag, only to find it has restarted and requires my pin to unlock. :/

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 05:44 AM
    Running the latest official 10.3.1.2576 on Rogers for my Passport and i get random reboots still once every few days. Blackberry please get it together.

What prompted this post was, i just experienced a random reboot as i was typing out a work email.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 12:35 PM
    Really? I recently updated to. 2576 and the rebooting problem has subsided. No flickering issues too. But the occasional lagging while opening several apps and flipping through pages is still there.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 05:10 AM
    Running the latest official 10.3.1.2576 on Rogers for my Passport and i get random reboots still once every few days. Blackberry please get it together.

What prompted this post was, i just experienced a random reboot as i was typing out a work email.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously don't believe it's due to the latest OS releases (2582 or 2576), almost everyone is reporting excellent reviews and experiences!! It's more likely attributed to your specific update incident as it seems that some key files did not write/rewrite properly...suggest you simply reinstall as this typically resolves erratic downloads!! I too had this very same experience a couple of versions back, and it all went away after I reinstalled...Worth giving it a try and oh ya, I installed non-destructively via Sachesi.

04-19-15 01:44 PM
    Seriously don't believe it's due to the latest OS releases (2582 or 2576), almost everyone is reporting excellent reviews and experiences!! It's more likely attributed to your specific update incident as it seems that some key files did not write/rewrite properly...suggest you simply reinstall as this typically resolves erratic downloads!! I too had this very same experience a couple of versions back, and it all went away after I reinstalled...Worth giving it a try and oh ya, I installed non-destructively via Sachesi.

It's possible, but I've been experiencing random reboots ever since 10.3.1. With 10.3.0 the phone was fine.

I ran 10.3.1 leaks and now running the official. All the leaks were installed via autoloader, so they were fresh installs. Official was OTA.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:40 PM
    It's possible, but I've been experiencing random reboots ever since 10.3.1. With 10.3.0 the phone was fine.

I ran 10.3.1 leaks and now running the official. All the leaks were installed via autoloader, so they were fresh installs. Official was OTA.

Posted via CB10
    So what do you figure it is?

04-21-15 08:02 PM
    So what do you figure it is?

I wish I knew. I don't have very many apps on the phone. My guess is some sort of memory leak. I like the phone otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 10:01 AM
    I wish I knew. I don't have very many apps on the phone. My guess is some sort of memory leak. I like the phone otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely sucks no matter which way you slice it, hasn't BlackBerry felt obliged to make a bad experience into a better one?? Doesn't make sense how much "Drak" you're having to deal with!!

04-22-15 08:37 PM
    I really hope the new OS update can resolve my occasionally random reboots of my phone. Today morning, I left my phone in the locker, locker I tell you, not touching it only to have found it rebooted when I took it out to check on my phone. Twice. This problem keeps on coming back. The last time it occurred was after I snooze my alarm and flip it down and it rebooted.
    Really don't know how to diagnose what's with my phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 10:51 PM
    Well, my BlackBerry assistant is working fine. I already set it up the first time I use this phone. It's got permission for most of the actions.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 07:25 AM
    I really hope the new OS update can resolve my occasionally random reboots of my phone. Today morning, I left my phone in the locker, locker I tell you, not touching it only to have found it rebooted when I took it out to check on my phone. Twice. This problem keeps on coming back. The last time it occurred was after I snooze my alarm and flip it down and it rebooted.
    Really don't know how to diagnose what's with my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you can try troubleshooting by isolation. Install any 10.3.1 OS using an autoloader without restoration. Use the OS for a few days (depends on how often the phone reboots) and observe for any reboots. After if it did reboot or not, install another OS greater than the previous one. Repeat the same procedure. If all OS versions recorded a reboot then there's a high probability of a hardware issue.

"I am the the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
    extisis likes this.
    06-21-15 01:56 PM
    Yeah. Got a Z10 yesterday and it has rebooted several times. Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253 on Verizon...sigh... don't know why I keep trying...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 01:56 AM
    Z10? Why indeed.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 09:47 PM
    Why? The Z10 was a great form factor. I would have liked to use BB for my businesses, like everyone keeps sayings that's what BB is for, but cannot have my phone failing in the middle of calls.... somebody blow Taps...
    06-27-15 06:03 AM
    The general idea I got from users here's that Z10 has lots of flaws, mostly when it was out with the new OS10. Plus the battery life. With the newest update, it *should* be stable?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:34 AM
69 123