So on 10.2.0.1767 I get toast notifications for BBM, whatsapp, emails and text msgs. The notifications is also on the Hub and lock screen. Feels very "push notification" iOS to me which is the only thing I like about iOS.

Make it seem that what's app, BBM and these other apps run headless in the background.

My question is why not the rest?

I'd love my bloomberg and CB10 app to notify me of any news hot off the press.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-02-13 06:42 PM
    That actually sounds like app restrictions. I'm not familiar with the Bloomberg app. Does it allow for push notifications on other platforms? I know CB 10 provides notifications for PM's and subscribed topics.
    10-02-13 06:50 PM
    That actually sounds like app restrictions. I'm not familiar with the Bloomberg app. Does it allow for push notifications on other platforms? I know CB 10 provides notifications for PM's and subscribed topics.
    I have the bloomberg app on my iphone 5. It pushes notifications to the notification center.

I'm not getting the notifications for PM's and subscribed topics. How do you do it?

Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-02-13 06:55 PM
    BlackBerry has restricted so much of the OS in terms of accessing the Hub and having TRUE push notifications that barely any devs bother.

If the devs do get it to work, it's still buggy and notifications don't always clear properly.
    10-02-13 06:56 PM
    BlackBerry has restricted so much of the OS in terms of accessing the Hub and having TRUE push notifications that barely any devs bother.

If the devs do get it to work, it's still buggy and notifications don't always clear properly.
    So far the only third part apps I see having access to the hub is facebook, linked in, twitter, what's app and we chat.

An option to allow notifications to the hub for more third party apps would have been great. Especially for news apps like CNN, BBC, CB10 etc....

Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-02-13 07:03 PM
    Can't wait for toast notification, that's something I would use all day everyday.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 07:23 PM
    I think the notifications tab in the hub is under utilised. Very few apps seems to be able to push notifications to it.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-02-13 07:41 PM
    Can't wait for toast notification, that's something I would use all day everyday.

Posted via CB10
    If you have installed the latest 10.2 leaks it's got them for emails, texts, BBM and what's app.

That's it though.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-02-13 07:42 PM
    Toronto Maple Leafs app pushes "goal" notifications to the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:42 PM
    Butter toast mmmmmm........

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-02-13 11:41 PM
    So far the only third part apps I see having access to the hub is facebook, linked in, twitter, what's app and we chat.

An option to allow notifications to the hub for more third party apps would have been great. Especially for news apps like CNN, BBC, CB10 etc....

Q10-Z10-iP5
    I don't think that is correct. I think it was NY Times app that I used that would push certain news stories to the Hub. I didn't keep up with it after a certain trial period was over. Maybe a couple more.
    10-03-13 12:52 AM
    Only one Toast I want. Cinnamon Toast! You hear me TAT and BlackBerry? Killer App right there.

Z10 10.2.0.1767 via CB10
    10-03-13 01:54 AM
    Just wanted to know if Hub++ settings can cause toast notifications to be disabled?

When I first installed this leak. 1761, I remember seeing toast notifications. Now I no longer see them so I'm trying to check 1 by 1.

Worst case is upgrade to .1767 which I'm reluctant to do so. Because this leak has worked very nicely for me. Hub++ moderator comments and feedback very much appreciated

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 06:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    As you would like the whole new improved OS
    10-03-13 06:58 AM
    Any app should be able to use "Instant Previews" (the actual name for what everyone is calling "toast notifications"). The key is that the app has to actually enable it. There's a new API in 10.2 that lets developers set the default notification settings for an app the first time its launched. One of these settings tells the system whether or not "Instant Previews" should be enabled. If the developer puts this code into their app, it should work. But if they don't, the option will never be there for that app.
    10-03-13 12:26 PM
    The stock turbo app notifies to hub. A start!

Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-03-13 01:20 PM
    So on 10.2.0.1767 I get toast notifications for BBM, whatsapp, emails and text msgs. The notifications is also on the Hub and lock screen. Feels very "push notification" iOS to me which is the only thing I like about iOS.

Make it seem that what's app, BBM and these other apps run headless in the background.

My question is why not the rest?

I'd love my bloomberg and CB10 app to notify me of any news hot off the press.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    i dont kno about whatsapp, i certainly havent had any toast notifications? although toast notifications with quick reply would be awesome!

reason uve no seen it yet is cos 10.2 is not out officially. when it gets released officially, 3rd party aps will be able t officially push updates that include toast notifications and other featres that r new to 10.2. im looking forward to this
    10-03-13 04:49 PM