I'm sorry if this has been asked before
    I have just update to 10.2 and while I do get toast notifications I was under the impression that I'd be able to respond to them in any app. As is when I touch the notification it will minimize my app into an active frame, proceed to hub and into said message.
    Am I missing something

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    10-23-13 05:19 PM
    Toasts:

For Emails, tapping on the toast brings you to the email, but does not instantly reply to it. Or tap x to close toast.
    SMS/BBM: tap x to close toast. Or tap arrow to respond in place.
    10-23-13 05:23 PM
    Yeah press little arrow beside X

P.s. Best feature ever

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 05:28 PM
    Ok
    It was for bbm, thanks

10-23-13 07:04 PM
    I just downloaded 10.2 466 mb and there is no toast notifications or dark themes, any advice please

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 07:32 PM
    I just downloaded 10.2 466 mb and there is no toast notifications or dark themes, any advice please

Posted via CB10
    There should be another file 1gb

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    10-23-13 07:37 PM
    There should be another file 1gb

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    I've checked for further updates...nothing

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 07:44 PM
    In the hub choose settings, then displays and actions.

Choose instant preview settings.

Go to bbm, bbm group and bbm video and shut off. Then, exit out.

Repeat the same thing but turn it back on.

My toasts instantly began to pop up.
    10-23-13 08:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't have dark theme either.

abwan11 likes this.
    10-23-13 09:10 PM
    I don't have dark theme either.

Go into the BBM app, swipe down from the top, press setting, then look for the visual theme button and change it to dark.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 06:30 AM
    In the hub choose settings, then displays and actions.

Choose instant preview settings.

Go to bbm, bbm group and bbm video and shut off. Then, exit out.

Repeat the same thing but turn it back on.

My toasts instantly began to pop up.
    Thanks, did it, but not sure it works till someone sends me a message.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 06:32 AM
    Didn't work

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:39 AM
    Didn't work

Posted via CB10
    Maybe this will help:
    A buddy and I both upgraded last night and originally could not get BBM toasts to work. Then after combing through CB, and some good old trial and error, we figured it out.

Here are all the 3 things you should check.
    1. Hub Notifications
    - Go to "Settings" menu - then "Notifications" - then scroll down to "Visual" section and toggle "Instant Previews" to ON.
    (The same menu can be accessed by going to Hub, click right 3 dots to access "Settings" - then "Display and Actions" - then scroll down and select "Instant Preview Settings")

2. Application Notifications
    - While in the same menu I mentioned in 1, scroll a little further down to the "Applications" section where you see phone, email, BBM, etc. Click on BBM and ensure that the "Instant Preview" option is also toggled to ON here (I would suggest switching off and then back to on again while you are already here).

3. BBM App
    - Finally, exit out of the above menu and go to the BBM app (Not the Hub BBM, but the BBM app). For those going to the app for the first time, you will probably see a message from BB regarding previews with a button titled "Manage Contacts". Here is where things will differ depending on how you responded to this message.
    - My buddy closed the message without hitting the "Manage Contacts" button, exited out of the BBM app, and his toasts started working.
    - I had clicked on "Manage Contacts" and selected all the contacts I wanted previews from, exited out of the app, but still nothing.
    - I had to open up the BBM app again - select "Contacts" at the bottom - then long press one of my BBM contacts - and selected "View BBM Profile" (1st option that appears on the right bar). While in the BBM contact screen, there should be 3 tabs at the top with the leftmost tab being "Details". Select this and you should see a "Chat Previews" on/off toggle for that contact. I went through each one of my contacts and toggled this switch off and on (Tedious, I know, but I'm assuming this was designed so you can individually choose who to get toasts from instead of everyone). Then exited out of the app and things worked. Once this had been set, long pressing a contact now should give you a new menu option on the right bar which is "Hide Chat Previews" instead of having to do the part I mentioned above.

I would suggest checking all 3 of these areas to ensure that the toggles are all set to on. Even if they are in the ON position, switch it off and on again just to be sure.

Some combination of the above should hopefully solve the problem. If not, then good luck because that is all I got.

Hope this helps.
    abwan11 likes this.
    10-24-13 10:19 AM
    Okay I did as you explained, just waiting for a message to test, thanks a bunch. I'll let you know if it works.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:40 AM
    Go into the BBM app, swipe down from the top, press setting, then look for the visual theme button and change it to dark.

Posted via CB10
    I don't seen to have that option.
    Not a big deal... I'm using Z10

10-24-13 11:50 AM
    when you hit BBM the ON / Off toggle is whited out you cannot access it
    10-25-13 09:56 AM
    Followed these steps from the post above, worked like a charm.

To get BBM Toast to work !

1) in email HUB
    2) select settings
    3) scroll down to instant previews
    4) select instant previews & turn on
    5) scroll down to BBM, BBM Groups and BBM Video
    6) select each one and shut off each one.
    7) you will notice BBM, BBM Groups is ON and whited out so nothing to do there but BBM Video allows you to shut off.
    And exit out.

8) go back to BBM Video and turn it back on, exit out and BBM toast notification worked

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:19 AM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get into root stuff on Blackberry like on Android. I'm looking to have the toast notification time extended...by the time I want to hit reply to a text, etc...it has already disappeared and I have to actually go to the hub. I would like to change the time value to infinite or something. Or is that some programming that can't be done on the consumer end? Thanks.
    11-22-13 09:58 AM
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before
    I have just update to 10.2 and while I do get toast notifications I was under the impression that I'd be able to respond to them in any app. As is when I touch the notification it will minimize my app into an active frame, proceed to hub and into said message.
    Am I missing something

You should see an arrows point left, next to the X.
    Hitting the left point arrows opens a square box allowing you to respond. Never leaving the app you're in.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:29 AM