wow...the wheelchair comment has to be one of the most stupid and insensitive remarks to date, especially to liken people's laziness to that particular chair. I'm more than certain (sarcasm for the idiots) that everyone who sits in that particular chair, or any wheelchair for that matter, does so willingly. effing a--hole!!!

but back to the topic, the "x" doesn't always seem to work. sometimes you can press it more than once before actually getting the app, or whatever, to close. a gesture on a gesture based device would be...consistent??? not lazy
    In that case, you need to check your eyes or align your finger to the X properly because it works with me EVERY TIME!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 08:38 AM
    I agree. This has always bugged me about hitting the "X" to close frames in a gesture controlled OS. Honestly, I like how iOS handles closing apps. Just swipe up and they are gone. You can even do multiple apps at once using your fingers.
    05-09-14 11:30 AM
    What if the PlayBook gesture can't be done on BB10? Plus didn't IOS copy that already? We don't wanna be like them, or else everyone holding my phone will be like oh it's just like the iPhone!

Posted via CB10
    Even Windows Phone 8.1 now has this feature by swiping down the app... We are the only ones left with that ugly X and no gesture closing

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 11:46 AM
    Even Windows Phone 8.1 now has this feature by swiping down the app... We are the only ones left with that ugly X and no gesture closing

Posted via CB10
    We have a ton of other gestures in the OS while they don't, just because they all can close apps that way doesn't mean we have to, closing apps with gestures in BB10 will cause confusion because the OS is full of gestures already!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 11:53 AM
    We have a ton of other gestures in the OS while they don't, just because they all can close apps that way doesn't mean we have to, closing apps with gestures in BB10 will cause confusion because the OS is full of gestures already!

Posted via CB10
    Not if everything else remains the same... this only would be an additional gesture so no confusion at all

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 12:35 PM
    Not if everything else remains the same... this only would be an additional gesture so no confusion at all

Posted via CB10
    Maybe a feature to toggle this gesture would ease us "gesture eagers" and not confuse the conservative users

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 12:39 PM
    I don't have a problem using the "X" to close an app...

It's just that switching between using the PlayBook and my Z10.... I would like some consistency. Don't see why BlackBerry went and reinvented the wheel when they switched from PlayBook to BB10. Would rather they had released the PlayBook OS a year earlier with just the phone capabilities and add the HUB, Flow and "frames" as they went along.....
    05-09-14 12:50 PM
    I don't have a problem using the "X" to close an app...

It's just that switching between using the PlayBook and my Z10.... I would like some consistency. Don't see why BlackBerry went and reinvented the wheel when they switched from PlayBook to BB10. Would rather they had released the PlayBook OS a year earlier with just the phone capabilities and add the HUB, Flow and "frames" as they went along.....
    Ikr BlackBerry being idiots. They could have saved time too on it

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-09-14 02:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why not have both options to avoid confusion, have the x button there for those who like it and have swipe up or down to close for those who don't like the button such as myself. BB10 is all about gestures. I love gestures because it adds efficiency and flow to things. Giving users options are always a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 03:02 PM
    Why not have both options to avoid confusion, have the x button there for those who like it and have swipe up or down to close for those who don't like the button such as myself. BB10 is all about gestures. I love gestures because it adds efficiency and flow to things. Giving users options are always a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    Issue is how is it gonna be a swipe up or down when you have two pages of active frames under each other?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 03:19 PM
    The problem isn't with clicking the "X" itself.. but I often miss the X and end up re-opening the app I'm trying to close which gets annoying.

I haven't read this entire thread so my apologies if someone suggested this...

I would introduce swiping downwards on the active frame as swiping up wouldn't work if you have more then 4 apps open as it would just move you down to the next set of active frames.

OR simply make the "X" bigger.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 03:40 PM
    Issue is how is it gonna be a swipe up or down when you have two pages of active frames under each other?

Posted via CB10
    That's the issue. Truth is BlackBerry didn't want to give that option

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-09-14 03:40 PM
    You know, I have suggested your gesture already before to my BlackBerry contact. But instead of closing the app, it's for quick switch to the adjacent app
    Rasec8me likes this.
    05-09-14 05:24 PM
    I like the OP's suggestion and I think it fits in very well with the consistency of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Rasec8me likes this.
    05-09-14 05:25 PM
    I don't have any issues with tapping the X to close an app - its as natural as breathing for me.
    Do you tap X's in your sleep?
    05-09-14 05:27 PM
    Totally agree!

Posted via CB10
    I have a Playbook And I only close with x. Is there another way?

Posted via CB10 app with my trusty Z10
    05-09-14 05:29 PM
    The problem isn't with clicking the "X" itself.. but I often miss the X and end up re-opening the app I'm trying to close which gets annoying.

I haven't read this entire thread so my apologies if someone suggested this...

I would introduce swiping downwards on the active frame as swiping up wouldn't work if you have more then 4 apps open as it would just move you down to the next set of active frames.

OR simply make the "X" bigger.

Posted via CB10
    Umm...what if I was in the second page of active frames and swiped downwards? have you thought about it? Please do, you will realize that it won't work!

The X is just fine, if people really like gestures that much then BlackBerry should make a pinch to close gesture which will need more work than hitting the X but you guys just need a change so here you go.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 05:38 PM
    Have they considered trying: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, 'B', 'A', 'B', 'A'?

EDIT: Oh yeah and don't forget to hit 'Select', 'Start'
    Last edited by BlueStreak67; 05-09-14 at 06:45 PM.
    Rasec8me and HollyWOOD1906 like this.
    05-09-14 05:43 PM
    Pinch to close. Touch frame with index finger, bring thumb up together with finger to close that frame.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 05:48 PM
    Have they considered trying: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, 'B', 'A', 'B', 'A'?

EDIT: Oh yeah and don't forget to hit 'Start'
    That will come in BlackBerry10 GTA edition

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 05:51 PM
    That will come in BlackBerry10 GTA edition

Posted via CB10
    That would be an interesting CONTRAption!
    05-09-14 05:55 PM
    I have a Playbook And I only close with x. Is there another way?

Posted via CB10 app with my trusty Z10
    When apps are minimized, just flick the app window you want to close towards the top of the screen.
    05-09-14 05:56 PM
    Even though the "x" button doesn't bother me, it's not what the whole OS is about. It's about gestures, to make thigs fast. Two finger swipe down to close active frame?
    05-09-14 06:38 PM
    Umm...what if I was in the second page of active frames and swiped downwards? have you thought about it? Please do, you will realize that it won't work!

The X is just fine, if people really like gestures that much then BlackBerry should make a pinch to close gesture which will need more work than hitting the X but you guys just need a change so here you go.

Posted via CB10
    Good point! Didn't think of that, my bad!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 07:39 PM
    Even though the "x" button doesn't bother me, it's not what the whole OS is about. It's about gestures, to make thigs fast. Two finger swipe down to close active frame?
    It's all about the fastest and easiest way, and that would be the X, using two fingers means using two hands which kills the easiness!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 07:46 PM
98 1234