If all of a sudden you are getting random BBM invites, go to all your downloaded apps permissions and uncheck the box that says something like "Allow other users of this app to send BBM invites to you". Unfortunately this is enabled by default. In the future get in the habit of unchecking this box when you install and/or first start these new downloads. Worked for me...
    07-24-13 02:21 PM
    If all of a sudden you are getting random BBM invites, go to all your downloaded apps permissions and uncheck the box that says something like "Allow other users of this app to send BBM invites to you". Unfortunately this is enabled by default. In the future get in the habit of unchecking this box when you install and/or first start these new downloads. Worked for me...
    This doesn't necessarily help as I have these permissions off and occasionally get a random invite. There was a earlier thread where a bunch of us were discussing this and apparently there is an app in BB World that will randomly generate PINs for inviting people on BBM.
    07-24-13 02:25 PM
    That's not good...
    This doesn't necessarily help as I have these permissions off and occasionally get a random invite. There was a earlier thread where a bunch of us were discussing this and apparently there is an app in BB World that will randomly generate PINs for inviting people on BBM.
    07-24-13 02:26 PM
    That's not good...
    Yeah, everyone in that thread was very unhappy.

My random invites have seemed to have slowed down. I honestly can't remember receiving one in the last week or two but I probably jinxed myself saying that.
    07-26-13 12:04 AM
    Jwarman, mine stopped completely after changing about 3 of my apps setting allowing BBM invites...

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 05:21 AM
    I never allow any apps to connect to BBM, ever since the OS7.1 integration with BBM started.
    Since I switched to Z10 I did not authorize any single application to connect to BBM.
    I have never received any random BBM invite on Z10, and on previous 9900 it happened once.

PS: No, don't ask for my PIN
    07-26-13 07:00 AM
    Awesome! I tried letting one app do it and holy smokes they came in bunches...Did it to test it out, Didn't like it and set all mine to not let that happen...
    I never allow any apps to connect to BBM, ever since the OS7.1 integration with BBM started.
    Since I switched to Z10 I did not authorize any single application to connect to BBM.
    I have never received any random BBM invite on Z10, and on previous 9900 it happened once.

PS: No, don't ask for my PIN
    07-26-13 02:28 PM
    I get invites from wikitude :l and foursquare

Sent from my White BlackBerry STL100-02 Z10 running 10.1.0.4543 on Etisalat using Tapatalk 2!
    07-26-13 02:35 PM
    Are you just stating a fact or do you need some help?
    I get invites from wikitude :l and foursquare

Sent from my White BlackBerry STL100-02 Z10 running 10.1.0.4543 on Etisalat using Tapatalk 2!
    07-26-13 04:14 PM
    Are you just stating a fact or do you need some help?
    It's a fact just so you know before using/downloading them

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-26-13 04:20 PM
    Can you turn off Random Invites in Permissions for those 2 apps? And I'm confused...Are you using an iPhone or white Z10? Or both?
    It's a fact just so you know before using/downloading them

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-26-13 04:40 PM
    Jwarman, mine stopped completely after changing about 3 of my apps setting allowing BBM invites...

Posted via CB10
    So I did jinx myself, I received a random invite this morning and none of the apps I have installed are connected to BBM. I stopped allowing a connection 3 or 4 leaks ago.

Here is the thread where we discussed what could have started the random invites.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-today-813412/
    07-26-13 05:23 PM
    I've seen this on bb10. Android doesn't appear to have this permission.
    10-04-16 07:10 AM