Disclaimer : First, I hope this is only a temporary fix and ideally, BlackBerry will add Flash back to the browser.

I see some people who say they've had luck with Android's Photon Browser or BB's Evolution Browser but I haven't seen a general consensus on what works for everyone.

This fix is a pain but it does work for me on my Z30. I would say a lesser device might struggle. This was an Android fix I found on XDA Developers so I thought I'd try it.

It uses Dolphin Browser (which is a resource hog even on my Z30) so be warned. Judging by XDA's forums, it doesn't work with any other Android browser but go ahead and try others if you want.

The main part of this fix is an altered version of Adobe Flash that seems to work with Dolphin.

Instructions :

• Download and install the Hacked Flash apk. *Thanks to XDA Forums for supplying this app

Hacked Flash zip - Bitcasa or Mega

• Download the latest Dolphin Browser for Android from Snap (or use my link if you like)

Dolphin Browser for Android - Bitcasa or Mega

• Configure Dolphin so that Flash is Always enabled, Dolphin Jetpack is on, and set your User Agent to Desktop.

In theory, that should be it. In reality, I had to restart the app a couple of times, do a reboot because I temporarily lost sound, and for good measure, I ran the Flash app once but didn't change any settings in it. I had a couple of Google Play errors that went away on their own. There is no need to have any Google dependancies anyway.

If you do want to create a Dolphin Connect account, just don't use Google. There are some neat syncing and pushing features if you have an account and use the Dolphin desktop browser plugin for Firefox or Chrome if you choose.

All the niggly troubleshooting steps I listed may not be necessary as I don't know if they did anything at all but everything works for me currently.

Also, I am running 10.3.0 so 10.3.1 (where you really need this) could have different results.

Hey, if anything, maybe someone craftier than me might be able to make use of that hacked Flash apk to come up with a better solution if Blackberry ends up leaving Flash out in the future.

BTW - This fix (or similar) is also what Android users on Kit Kat 4.4.4 are having to resort to since Google also is no longer supporting official Flash at that version and up. I found it trying to find a solution for my Android tv box.

I guarantee no results. You could also search the XDA forums under Android if you want more ideas. I figured there'd be some willing testers desperate for Flash on 10.3.1 that might want to try this and post their results.
    Asvertus likes this.
    10-24-14 04:33 AM
    Now I don't want to upgrade to 10.3. Having ability to turn-on Flash and Desktop Mode in browser was very handy from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:32 AM
    Now I don't want to upgrade to 10.3. Having ability to turn-on Flash and Desktop Mode in browser was very handy from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    It'll be back on the official version, don't worry

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    10-24-14 06:15 AM
    Was trying this out last nite no luck will give it a try wid Ur info I don't think flash will be back again sorry...

Z30 Beast on Roids....
    10-24-14 01:00 PM
    The easiest way to enable flash in the browser on 10.3.1.1016 is to remove the new browser with Sachesi and install the one extracted from the 10.2.1.1927 Autoloader downloaded the Blackberry DEV site. I did this on my Z10. After installing the old browser bar file you need to disconnect the usb cable and restart the phone. Open the browser and go into settings then enable flash. I can't guarantee that everything will work but I have tried a few and they do work.
    11-10-14 03:14 PM
    I start to be very sceptical for Flash in the 10.3.1. In no way would BlackBerry omit this important piece of code from testing cycle.
    However I am also angry for this, if BlackBerry wanted to avoid Adobe tax for each device shipped, they should at least provide paid version of browser with Flash in the BlackBerry World.
    Browser was saving BlackBerry 10 so many times as we often couldn't rely on app, like on other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Bor Navas likes this.
    11-12-14 01:09 AM
    • Download and install the Hacked Flash apk. *Thanks to XDA Forums for supplying this app

Hacked Flash zip - Bitcasa or Mega
    Why do we need a hacked flash version? I have just downloaded the flash apk from adobe.com.

Posted via CB10
    1Criz likes this.
    11-12-14 04:32 PM