I travel between time zones and my Passport Calendar Appointments do not adjust for the time zone. The time automatically adjusts.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 11:34 AM
    When the time adjusts, does it also changes the time zone, or just the time adjusts. If the time time zone adjusts, then appointments should also adjust.

Long time ago in my BB9700, when I would travel to Ethiopia, the time would update without changing the time zone, and that would leave the appointments unchanged.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 12:30 PM
    I travel between time zones and my Passport Calendar Appointments do not adjust for the time zone. The time automatically adjusts.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    It's quite a simple setting with a simple underlying concept:

Settings: if you have your mobile network "on", and if you also have the "adjust timezone" set to "on", then the phone will recognize when you move from one timezone to another and will adjust your phone's clock to display the time for your new timezone.

Concept: you need to know that when you set up a calendar appointment, it is set at the time you specify using the timezone you are in when you create the appointment.

Application:

Say I'm in Toronto and am planning a conference call with colleagues located in Scotland.

Scotland is on the "Greenwich Mean Time" timezone aka "GMT".

Toronto is on the Eastern timezone for North America, and is 5 hours behind GMT, hence "GMT - 5".

When I go to create this appointment in my BlackBerry calendar, I tap the date and time fields and put the time in as 10:00 a.m. since that's when I want to start the call. This means 10 a.m. Eastern time. A helpful feature is the timezone preview: I can tap "show timezone preview", and select "London/Dublin" as the extra time zone. Now, when I'm selecting the time for this appointment, it shows me what the time will be in Scotland.

Attachment 366250
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 08-10-15 at 01:38 PM.
    08-10-15 01:23 PM