With OS 10.3.1.x, hopefully, rapidly approaching, it might be time to turn off:

Software Updates->Options->Automatically download and install Software Updates

This will give you a chance to take a snapshot and post to the forums; otherwise, it'll be installed automatically and you'll have nothing to show and make everyone else envious...
    02-16-15 03:19 AM
    You will also lose flash before you know it.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    02-16-15 04:02 AM
    I feel it's generally a good idea to turn off auto-update. I'd rather wait a little and let the masses discover any serious issues.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    Lawmen23, gebco and lift like this.
    02-16-15 07:52 AM
    Flash is trash.
    02-16-15 08:22 AM
    I feel it's generally a good idea to turn off auto-update. I'd rather wait a little and let the masses discover any serious issues.
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry will fix OS stability issues, but some things on the new design must be addressed immediately. One of them is Messages in Hub, Send button placed just above I and O. When testing the leaks I was sending constantly incomplete messages. This never happens in 10.2.x OS.
    Justin Taffner likes this.
    02-16-15 09:14 AM
    You will also lose flash before you know it.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    Two years with flash support was enough. There isn't a day goes by when some flash script bungs up a tab on my desktop browser. Today I had to the task manager and kill flash. I've been running 10.3 leaks for a while now. And though they are not without issues, being beta code, the lack of flash isn't one of them.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    02-16-15 11:22 AM
    Flash is dying people. I am a multimedia design and development student. I work with code, and basically every single adobe program, for designing and just making cool stuff regardless. There is a reason adobe dropped flash and everyone else is. Because of HTML5 we don't need flash anymore. and yea sure you can listen to all the folks who try to say HTML5 is still too new and whatever. But I work in the industry and speak with professors daily who are only part time teachers. and it is unanimous. everyone is coding with HTML5. we embraced the new and get out with the old I wish the average person could so easily do the same.

and on topic with this thread, I always have my auto update shut off, just cause I like to know before my phone just does something so big. I have to make sure I'm on wifi lol.

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-16-15 11:43 AM
    I know Flash is dying, but I needed it for a website today and didn't have it. It is a rare occurrence though. Today was the first day I needed it since installing 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 11:49 AM
    HTML5 is the new standard. Any website not abiding by that is outdated and should be updated. It won't be long before HTML5 completely takes over. It's a lot more lightweight than Flash. I've had nothing but issues with on my desktop so I'm happy to see it gone.
    02-16-15 12:23 PM
    I know Flash is dying, but I needed it for a website today and didn't have it. It is a rare occurrence though. Today was the first day I needed it since installing 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    Right, I can understand your frustrations. In this situation.

jtv1 likes this.
    02-16-15 01:05 PM
    Anyone know if automatic update is turned off, if the OS still gives a notification of an update to download

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 05:41 PM
    Anyone know if automatic update is turned off, if the OS still gives a notification of an update to download

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does.
    Paul86 likes this.
    02-16-15 07:18 PM
    Right, I can understand your frustrations. In this situation.

It's okay, it is a very rare occurrence, and there are options out there if you truly need Flash. Adobe quit supporting Flash for mobile operating systems quite a while ago so it was inevitable.
    02-16-15 09:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Search for FlashFox via Snap (or others, see here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1154-a-985306/).
    I use it when Flash is mandatory (but it's painfully slow V.S stock browser).
    PHughes and Ursus Rufus like this.
    02-17-15 06:45 AM
    Flash is dying people. I am a multimedia design and development student. I work with code, and basically every single adobe program, for designing and just making cool stuff regardless. There is a reason adobe dropped flash and everyone else is. Because of HTML5 we don't need flash anymore. and yea sure you can listen to all the folks who try to say HTML5 is still too new and whatever. But I work in the industry and speak with professors daily who are only part time teachers. and it is unanimous. everyone is coding with HTML5. we embraced the new and get out with the old I wish the average person could so easily do the same.

and on topic with this thread, I always have my auto update shut off, just cause I like to know before my phone just does something so big. I have to make sure I'm on wifi lol.

There have been tens of threads about this exact debate, none of us on the other side of the spectrum care that developers are stopping using it. The main issue is here and now, we're trying to access huge global websites, and we can't or we're limited because we don't have Flash anymore!

Believe me, me get it, Flash is dying. The thing is, it's not dead yet and many things still rely on it!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    jtv1 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    02-17-15 07:50 AM
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry will fix OS stability issues, but some things on the new design must be addressed immediately. One of them is Messages in Hub, Send button placed just above I and O. When testing the leaks I was sending constantly incomplete messages. This never happens in 10.2.x OS.
    That is my primary complaint with 10.3.1 as well. Why have those extra buttons there when they are in the sub-menu right next to it? I suppose I can understand having a send button there for the passport, but why have the emoticons and attach button as well? All I have to do is pull up the sub menu to get them! They are not needed for every text message I write, so leave them in the sub menu. I don't know how many times I have sent an incomplete message while trying to press "i" or "o". Get rid of those extra buttons, or at least make them optional.
    02-17-15 10:30 AM

Limited data on both Wi-Fi & cellular so I have update turned off & will go to a local coffee shop or something to see about update. Still not convinced it'll show up on Thursday. Also agree with those who say it might be a good idea to wait. Have done that with every operating system on just about every platform since Windows 95; just a good way to proceed generally
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-17-15 10:35 AM
    With OS 10.3.1.x, hopefully, rapidly approaching, it might be time to turn off:

Software Updates->Options->Automatically download and install Software Updates

This will give you a chance to take a snapshot and post to the forums; otherwise, it'll be installed automatically and you'll have nothing to show and make everyone else envious...
    It just came to my mind, knowing flash is no more supported and I haven't seen any OS10 updates for a while..
    Am not sure if my Z10 is HTML 5 enabled or if it will come with a next update.

And talking of updates.
    Will the OS10, as far back as the Z10, be getting updates still or am I best just upgrading.

Well, am not a rich fellow who claim just buy the newest phone about town and next month my contract ends.

This is another problem am going to have, as my carrier / provider, no longer does business with BlackBerry where I may have to change.

I couldn't even contemplate doing my work and studies on any other device.

jtvberry
    02-17-15 11:02 AM
    jtv1,

OS10's browser has native HTML5 support. It's not phone model dependent.

As far as I know, Blackberry has not said they are dropping updates on the Z10 and even if they did, there is no reason to suspect your phone will suddenly quit working one day. I plan on keeping mine as long as it mechanically can operate.

Nor am I.

Why would you have to change phones just because your provider stopped selling or providing support/repairs on your device?

RBDale
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-17-15 11:36 AM
    It just came to my mind, knowing flash is no more supported and I haven't seen any OS10 updates for a while..
    Am not sure if my Z10 is HTML 5 enabled or if it will come with a next update.

And talking of updates.
    Will the OS10, as far back as the Z10, be getting updates still or am I best just upgrading.

Well, am not a rich fellow who claim just buy the newest phone about town and next month my contract ends.

This is another problem am going to have, as my carrier / provider, no longer does business with BlackBerry where I may have to change.

I couldn't even contemplate doing my work and studies on any other device.

jtvberry
    What about your PlayBook? No chance of an OS update for that and it has flash.
    02-17-15 11:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's Standard

jtvberry
    02-17-15 12:16 PM

Z10 is still getting updates and won't stop getting updates anytime soon.
    If your contract ends next month and your carrier doesn't have the phone you want, why not switch carriers to someone who does?
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-17-15 12:49 PM
    jtv1,

OS10's browser has native HTML5 support. It's not phone model dependent.

As far as I know, Blackberry has not said they are dropping updates on the Z10 and even if they did, there is no reason to suspect your phone will suddenly quit working one day. I plan on keeping mine as long as it mechanically can operate.

Nor am I.

Why would you have to change phones just because your provider stopped selling or providing support/repairs on your device?

RBDale
    Rustybronco, Thanks for that info about our HTML 5.
    Your the first to give me that direct answer, as am sure I asked somewhere before.
    I've just, for the first time turned off my "Flash", and lo and behold, I can still get my bbc live news and others.

Am sure when I first got my Z10, if I didn't have it on, the BBC didn't work, but Mega proved wrong

Am going for do the same with my Z10.
    I want to keep it forever and ever.

Am looking for alternatives right now, with providers limiting tethering.
    Am in need of 30-40GB, not the 2-4 or 8GB thatched being offered.

Thanks again

jtvberry
    02-17-15 01:37 PM
    What about your PlayBook? No chance of an OS update for that and it has flash.
    There was talk and someone said an update for Xmas 2014.

I haven't tried to switch off the Flash on there yet, looking forward to trying though

jtvberry
    02-17-15 01:43 PM
    You're welcome
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-17-15 01:45 PM
44 12