12-17-15 10:33 PM
58 123
tools
    If u can't help then it is useless too if u participate and reply simple

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    Exactly what sort help is he to offer to people who can't deal with their "personal" problems. Tell me are they married to BlackBerry with a "no escape clause" in their contracts? Am I missing something here?
    09-21-15 07:58 AM
    I thought there was a one year limited warrantee,should include screen lifting,lol
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-21-15 08:07 AM
    My carrier has a fairly comprehensive list of pending software updates and their statuses on their support forums. According to my carrier, they skipped the first release of 10.3.2 provided to them for approval in favour of an updated release that was supposed to have been provided in August. This has not yet been made available by BlackBerry.

The fact is though, looking through threads on here, there are many owners on many different carriers that have only just recently received the June update, or are still waiting on.

So are gMail, Outlook, Google Maps, Onedrive, Twitter, Google Play, Instagram etc. My email provider has a webmail portal. Are you suggesting that, like Facebook, these services don't need an app? Perhaps BlackBerry should discontinue gMail support and IMAP in favour of web-based alternatives?

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see a world where apps aren't a necessity and websites can provide a similarly rich experience. I believe the trend towards device-specific applications is heading in the wrong direction. But at the end of the day, my phone now has a feature that doesn't work as it did when I originally purchased it.

I think if you re-read my original post, you won't find me blaming BlackBerry anywhere for the increased adoption of Google Play services. Google is the devil. But unfortunately, in this case, BlackBerry's gamble to bring Android applications to BB10 en-masse hasn't being as successful as they probably hoped.

People use what they like and if you can't persuade them to BBM, but they manage to persuade you to whatsapp or whatever then that seems to be a personal issue. I've gotten people to use BBM simply by saying no to other IMs and if you want to talk here's my pin.

Actually, I had to purchase it outright from another carrier, as my carrier elected not to stock the Passport. Consequently, insurance was not an option, unfortunately. It's also unfortunate that BlackBerry in Australia do not have any local support services available to consumers - only a small back-office operation to provide support to carriers and enterprise. By comparison, there are three company-owned Apple stores in my state alone which can provide on-site repair, exchange and support.

Meanwhile, my eight-month old Passport sits in a drawer with the dreaded screen-lift (which appeared after two months of use) because the only option available to me is to pay $350 for a refurb.

And yes, the carrier I bought it from (Optus) does suck. Telstra however, have generally been excellent with regards to BlackBerry support - it's just a shame they only sell the Classic.

The gripes are personal preferences, carrier issues, and a lack of seeking options. My issue with these types of posts is how they are meant to deter others from bb10.
    If you aren't happy that's sad, but not everyone will have your issues, or any issues with bb10. I do, however, have major issues with android phones and choose BlackBerry because it fits me. To each their own you know.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    That's a jumbled mess of quotes lol.
    The 10.3.2.2639 was released world wide... not sure what your carrier is waiting on. You can always update manually.

The Facebook app integrates into the phone, same with Gmail and twitter. The app is nothing more than the website in app form with the added benefits of hub notifications and contact listings. I don't understand why so many people complain about an app that has a website. It does what I need it to. Some die hard facebook users want more, so then take to the website is what I'm saying. At least we get the option to use the website without the need for an app. Unlike how android forces you to use an app and blocks the websites.

So many threads of people complaining about lack of Google apps. The fact is we have an entire android app environment, problem is people are still whining, because people like to whine. It's never enough, no its never enough...

Not sure who's fault it is when you use an unlocked phone bought from one carrier that is used on a different carrier. You might want to know your options before you do something like that.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    mighthor likes this.
    09-21-15 08:25 AM
    If u can't help then it is useless too if u participate and reply simple

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    Did you help or participate?

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    09-21-15 08:34 AM
    At the end of the day, BlackBerry has marketed itself as the phone to "keep you moving". But when you have to become concerned about what features will become deprecated without warning, or what apps will stop working due to an update, Auto-loaders, Sachesi, Snap, side-loading, app patchers etc - it becomes a burden.

My Blackberries have been the best phones I have ever owned, but they're not in the same league as they have been in the past. I do also think that prospective buyers need to be warned about some of the issues they may face should they choose to spend their hard earned money on a new BlackBerry. Six months ago, I convinced my brother to get a Classic - now I get to spend my time trying to explain why Facebook doesn't work, and why he can't buy music on there, helping him load side-load Uber, explaining that he can't search for Points of Interest in the maps app and trying to work out why email invitations from BBM won't send. Now that's not really keeping either of us moving, is it?
    What are you warning people about? That BlackBerry updates their software and things change?
    When's the last time you read reviews on Google play store? Every app I go to download the first comments I see are about the app not working due to an update.
    There is no perfect OS or phone. Even Apple has things break with updates.

If we are going to be petty here, and it seems like we are, then IOS and Android should be flawless after a decade of production. BB10 only being 3 years old shouldn't be held to a higher standard than the other OSes twice it's age.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    09-21-15 08:38 AM
    At the end of the day, BlackBerry has marketed itself as the phone to "keep you moving". But when you have to become concerned about what features will become deprecated without warning, or what apps will stop working due to an update, Auto-loaders, Sachesi, Snap, side-loading, app patchers etc - it becomes a burden.

My Blackberries have been the best phones I have ever owned, but they're not in the same league as they have been in the past. I do also think that prospective buyers need to be warned about some of the issues they may face should they choose to spend their hard earned money on a new BlackBerry. Six months ago, I convinced my brother to get a Classic - now I get to spend my time trying to explain why Facebook doesn't work, and why he can't buy music on there, helping him load side-load Uber, explaining that he can't search for Points of Interest in the maps app and trying to work out why email invitations from BBM won't send. Now that's not really keeping either of us moving, is it?

BOOM! Best post in this thread aside from the original post. Every month I find shortcomings on my Z30 that I encounter as a hands on user. Not some nebulous, conceptual issue that doesn't translate to hands-on practical use. All these issues with the BB10 devices are practical hands-on issues.

These pocket computer/phones were supposed to make our lives easier, convenient, more productive, and solve our data, and informational problems in this modern world. Slowly but surely, BB10 is faliling to do that as months go by.

This blind loyalty to brands or corporations is Bullcrap! I choose a tool that will meet my needs, be it a car (or no car), TV, cordless drill, or a computer. This BB10 is slowly becoming useless, fortunately there's still time to choose carefully, whether the new slider, Win 10, Iphone or the Moto X Pure Edition with BB Suites purchased separately.
    Velocitymj and needforbbx like this.
    09-21-15 11:07 AM
    I would say there is nothing wrong with "moving on" or using other platforms. While I understand the frustration in feeling that something you enjoy has reached a "dead end", you are not obligated to keep it. I enjoy all OSs and know that each has its ups and downs. Like some said, the Slider seems to be a step in the direction your headed (unless you're going iOS). I can't wait to test it out, from the video it looked like a good piece of hardware. Just use what keeps you happy.
    09-21-15 11:16 AM
    I don't get it. BB10 isn't serving your needs, so you're going Android... and BlackBerry has an Android phone coming out and you're not considering it because it's Android?
    Blackberry support is pretty bad both hardware and software. For example I fired up my Q10 that I keep as a backup phone tried to switch my BBM profile over from iOS and on my Q10 I've been getting a temporary server error since yesterday. I wasn't the first person to report it either.

Without the whole os and hardware control BlackBerry doesn't have a competitive advantage. Another example I get calendar invites from people using gmail hub picks it up and asks if you want to accept/decline the meeting problem is it picks some random calendar on my email account to save the meeting to if I accept in hub with no way of changing the calendar to say personal/work/other what we're they thinking?

There are countless posts about major hardware issues for example Q10 double typing and Passport screen lifting. Those are both pretty bad considering the keyboard is BlackBerry claim to fame and they can't even get that right.

It just feels like BlackBerry is just spinning their wheels stuck in the mud.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 11:54 AM
    Bye... move on. When you buy a new car, do you write the old car company's forum and tell them you are leaving?

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    yes, many of the -zine sites do also E90 forum and mbworld
    needforbbx likes this.
    09-21-15 11:54 AM
    It only begin to be a new era with BlackBerry. Stay, assume that you use the best OS and do what you want. I love being in the people who "knows" if only the classic could have the touchpad function.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 12:15 PM
    My carrier has a fairly comprehensive list of pending software updates and their statuses on their support forums. According to my carrier, they skipped the first release of 10.3.2 provided to them for approval in favour of an updated release that was supposed to have been provided in August. This has not yet been made available by BlackBerry.

The fact is though, looking through threads on here, there are many owners on many different carriers that have only just recently received the June update, or are still waiting on.
    This is carrier dependent and to be frank is even worse with Android considering that each manufacturer (Samsung, HTC, LG, etc.) must also update their own "skins" in addition to the carriers own update. It is also dependent on if the manufacture and the carrier want to support/provide an update for a particular phone. The Galaxies and Notes will always get the update. Midrange phones, even by the same manufacturer, may or may not. Low end phones, likely not.

So are gMail, Outlook, Google Maps, Onedrive, Twitter, Google Play, Instagram etc. My email provider has a webmail portal. Are you suggesting that, like Facebook, these services don't need an app? Perhaps BlackBerry should discontinue gMail support and IMAP in favour of web-based alternatives?
    As a funny aside, both Apple and Microsoft pre-Android envisioned the future ecosystem to be based web-apps.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see a world where apps aren't a necessity and websites can provide a similarly rich experience. I believe the trend towards device-specific applications is heading in the wrong direction. But at the end of the day, my phone now has a feature that doesn't work as it did when I originally purchased it.
    The more a website is optimized for mobile OS web browsing the less a need for a dedicated app. Oh wait, apps can transmit data back to the developer or to a third party...

I think if you re-read my original post, you won't find me blaming BlackBerry anywhere for the increased adoption of Google Play services. Google is the devil. But unfortunately, in this case, BlackBerry's gamble to bring Android applications to BB10 en-masse hasn't being as successful as they probably hoped.
    This is largely because of games and some social media and not productivity. I used to have some Android games installed on my phone and I would not have any idea when it was my turn because notifications did not work. I also do not use any Google product other than Gmail and even that I am phasing out. So, I don't need GS to log into anything and the games were just a time waster to begin with.

Yes, Google is evil and I find it funny that a while back during an interview Chen was asked about IoT and smartwatches; his response was that he would never wear a smartwatch because he does not want to have his every move tracked. Seriously, he said that. Now he is all about GPS and GS? Give me a break.

People use what they like and if you can't persuade them to BBM, but they manage to persuade you to whatsapp or whatever then that seems to be a personal issue. I've gotten people to use BBM simply by saying no to other IMs and if you want to talk here's my pin.
    I don't know anyone who uses BBM. I've never used it. BBM made more sense back when SMS services cost and arm and a leg but at least here in the U.S. text messaging has been cheap for a long time now; which explains why BBM never became popular here.

The gripes are personal preferences, carrier issues, and a lack of seeking options. My issue with these types of posts is how they are meant to deter others from bb10.
    If you aren't happy that's sad, but not everyone will have your issues, or any issues with bb10. I do, however, have major issues with android phones and choose BlackBerry because it fits me. To each their own you know.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    I am on the "old as dirt" Z10 with 10.3.2.XXXX update. Ironically, I don't seem to be having any of the issues that Passport users seem to be having.
    09-21-15 12:34 PM
    @To Boldly Go

How are you getting on? I'm loving my Bold, have BIS put back on it and I'm not yet missing my Passport.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-21-15 01:11 PM
    i feel your pain OP if BB could just get everything to work well instead of few things perfectly then it would be awesome it just seems there's too many things either broken or cracked
    09-21-15 05:12 PM
    No, because I've never needed to buy a new car because they've just randomly dicontinued support.
    Random? You may need to brush up on the definition of that word.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 07:29 PM
    ..... oh dear
    09-21-15 08:37 PM
    Random? You may need to brush up on the definition of that word.

Posted via CB10
    Random (adj.): odd, unusual, or unexpected.
    Ransom (noun): a haphazard course.

Pedant (noun): a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning.

Posted via CB10
    eggbertx3 likes this.
    09-21-15 08:39 PM
    @To Boldly Go

How are you getting on? I'm loving my Bold, have BIS put back on it and I'm not yet missing my Passport.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Its going fine, i am going to go ahead and buy a new white one, though, as the moisture damage i had done to this one left the speaker plug all cattywompus, other than that it seems to be fine, can get online and can download radio shows on 2G, and I can pick 2G, 2-3G,or 3G, 2G gives me more bars, go figure.

So now i really want a perfect new white one, seeing again exactly how well this does work has got me sold. It streams music or talk radio great, Slacker works, i think Pandora still works but i didnt play with it yet. Took me about 40 minutes to find that danged link to my Live365 BlackBerry 7 app that i love so much but we're in em now!

Added Opera Mini but the stock browser isnt very laggy (when you keep Load Images off except when you want it), only thing i can't do is get an OTA upgrade to 7.1. Its back to being MORE functional without the carrier 'provisioning' interference, i know that doesn't make sense, but thats how it is for me. The first time i used this, once atnt talked about having to provision me for having a BlackBerry, the browser froze up and could barely crawl even though it was able to stream video before they messed with it, so hopefully that wont happen again.

What i really want a phone to do, this one does it, kinda like i feel about the Curve too.

Q5 does more but ... Isnt as much fun(?) ; )
    09-21-15 09:22 PM
    Similar posts - such as what has been posted by the OP - have been posted on this site for years. The standard response has been don't let the door hit you on your way out and you just don't understand.

Let the OP vent. It's not the OPs fault. Its Blackberry's. The dwindling number of users is proof.
    09-21-15 09:31 PM
    Bye because I just joined to the your place. Sure sales are lagging, customer base isn't that of other operating systems, it's a tool for business. That's why I'm looking to buy one it's simply a tool and today's world wants trends not tools.
    09-21-15 09:35 PM
    Its going fine, i am going to go ahead and buy a new white one, though, as the moisture damage i had done to this one left the speaker plug all cattywompus, other than that it seems to be fine, can get online and can download radio shows on 2G, and I can pick 2G, 2-3G,or 3G, 2G gives me more bars, go figure.

So now i really want a perfect new white one, seeing again exactly how well this does work has got me sold. It streams music or talk radio great, Slacker works, i think Pandora still works but i didnt play with it yet. Took me about 40 minutes to find that danged link to my Live365 BlackBerry 7 app that i love so much but we're in em now!

Added Opera Mini but the stock browser isnt very laggy (when you keep Load Images off except when you want it), only thing i can't do is get an OTA upgrade to 7.1. Its back to being MORE functional without the carrier 'provisioning' interference, i know that doesn't make sense, but thats how it is for me. The first time i used this, once atnt talked about having to provision me for having a BlackBerry, the browser froze up and could barely crawl even though it was able to stream video before they messed with it, so hopefully that wont happen again.

What i really want a phone to do, this one does it, kinda like i feel about the Curve too.

Q5 does more but ... Isnt as much fun(?) ; )
    I've been considering going back to my 9900 as well. The core functionality (calendar, contacts, phone etc) seems more elegantly implemented than on the q10. The main reason I got a q10 is because my 9900suffered the white screen of death. After a brief flirtation with Windows Phone, I grabbed a q10.

The main things I would miss on the 9900 are the Web browser, and to a lesser extent, instant actions.

I have a brand new, factory refurbished 9900 at home. Getting bis reactivated might be a pain though.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 09:39 PM
    Getting bis reactivated might be a pain though.
    Posted via CB10
    I just switch my sim card from b110 to bb7 without saying anything and usually it figures it out automatically after a few minutes (using ATNT). Maybe i am just lucky. I dont want to have to call them to switch once in awhile and i was spending much more time on my Curve 9360 than my BB10s before i dusted off my Bold.

The Bold card holder makes it pretty easy to just line up your smaller sim card in there without needing a sim card adapter. For the Curve, though, i use an adapter.

I do still browse a bit on the Z30 on a wifi device sometimes but its too big to carry around as an in-your-pocket phone / music player.

Only downside is the Bold isnt on FM radio while the Curve is. But I swear i had the Bold on FM at one time and it got disabled later when i started using it as a phone.
    09-21-15 10:13 PM
    That's not "bridging the gap." That's "moving to another operating system."
    Moving to another OS system " operated by blackberry " As along as it is blackberry i don't mind switching to android to get additional apps.
    09-22-15 03:00 AM
    I've received one update to BB10 in over twelve months, and am still waiting on Telstra for the much anticipated 10.3.2 update, which was supposedly released in June.
    and

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    This means you are using the latest version of BB10, right?
    I agree the Australian carriers suck .. but that's not the mainly an issue of BB but of Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
    And yes it is annoying that you don't get any BB support here - of course this is a vicious circle: There is not much BB presence, therefore less people buy their devices, so there even less presence (like Optus abandoned BB completely).

If you don't want to mess around with your device but simply use it - then unfortunately BB is not the best choice here.
    On the other hand, when you can sideload apps, use Cobalt's patcher tool and use Sachesi to update the OS there is not much to complain about.
    After patching all my banking apps (BankWest, UBank and nab) work perfectly, i.e. I can even look for the nearest ATM or office etc. and have it shown on a map.
    When you want to search for POIs in maps, why don't you use BeMaps (okay, the dev sucks as well).

I'm not using FB, so I cannot comment on this but otherwise there are only a few apps which I'm missing (like a really good public transport app).
    09-23-15 12:55 AM
    I have a Passport and I am also with Telstra. I received the update two days ago. Works great for me. Will never leave Blackberry for another phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 01:09 AM
    I read these forums with an ill feeling; this isn't continuing unless the later phone models get upgraded to android. Don't kid yourself...
    10-05-15 08:43 PM
58 123