OP, enough of your whining, goodbye

When departer's remorse kicks in, please do not return.

Time to move on? :(-img_6944.jpg

 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    10-05-15 09:12 PM
    You're right: I'll save my "whining" (aka criticism) for a company with the drive and resources to improve their products rather than abandoning them.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    10-06-15 05:07 AM
    You're right: I'll save my "whining" (aka criticism) for a company with the drive and resources to improve their products rather than abandoning them.

Posted via CB10
    BOOM!!! There will be no turning back cause there will be nothing to turn back to as they will kill this current OS. Heck it's already dying. Most people can do is look sideways to iOS or Windows.
    10-06-15 07:31 AM
    I love BlackBerry, but I agree with OP. It is getting to the point where I just can't operate efficiently with my BlackBerry any longer. Most of the apps I need for business are not there in BlackBerry World. The Android ports that used to hold me over are now not working like they once did or require Google Play services or some convoluted mish mash of hacks to work, which I, more and more, lack the patience or desire to spend time manipulating just to have a basic usable app. To look back on BlackBerry since the BB10 launch is just painful. It's like a step by step exercise in how to f**k things up in grand style. I dread going to an Android or iOS phone, but honestly, there are no smooth, workable options with BlackBerry any more. I'll wait until the Priv (what a stupid sounding name... c'mon BlackBerry) comes out and give it a try, but if that's a failure too, I'll need to wave goodbye to BlackBerry just to stay in business and connected to my industry on a usable level.

Posted via CB10
    QWKSNKE and Velocitymj like this.
    10-06-15 08:16 AM
    I love BlackBerry, but I agree with OP. It is getting to the point where I just can't operate efficiently with my BlackBerry any longer. Most of the apps I need for business are not there in BlackBerry World. The Android ports that used to hold me over are now not working like they once did or require Google Play services or some convoluted mish mash of hacks to work, which I, more and more, lack the patience or desire to spend time manipulating just to have a basic usable app. To look back on BlackBerry since the BB10 launch is just painful. It's like a step by step exercise in how to f**k things up in grand style. I dread going to an Android or iOS phone, but honestly, there are no smooth, workable options with BlackBerry any more. I'll wait until the Priv (what a stupid sounding name... c'mon BlackBerry) comes out and give it a try, but if that's a failure too, I'll need to wave goodbye to BlackBerry just to stay in business and connected to my industry on a usable level.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my feeling! There could be a better alternative with the newly announced Windows 10 phones coming out on Nov. A device you can rest on a dock, connect mouse, keyboard, & video monitor (HDMI same as in BB10) and you have a new laptop too! And they're working on universal apps good for both Android?& Windows.
    QWKSNKE likes this.
    10-06-15 06:28 PM
    I don't get it. BB10 isn't serving your needs, so you're going Android... and BlackBerry has an Android phone coming out and you're not considering it because it's Android?
    He makes a good point. Why move to Android when Android is coming to you?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 09:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my feeling! There could be a better alternative with the newly announced Windows 10 phones coming out on Nov. A device you can rest on a dock, connect mouse, keyboard, & video monitor (HDMI same as in BB10) and you have a new laptop too! And they're working on universal apps good for both Android?& Windows.
    yep. I feel/felt the same way. After many years as a BB user I jumped over to a Nexus 6 this summer due to my travel apps (hotels/ car rental) and other apps quit working due to the requirement of Google play.
    The only thing I miss from BB10 is having the ability to have a memory card slot and the hub. I reeeallly miss the hub. Other than that, the Nexus is meeting my needs nicely. Although I am not a fan of slider phones, I wish the announcement of the Android based slider would have been announced before I bought my Nexus. I might have held onto using the Z10 longer.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    10-06-15 10:08 PM
    At the end of the day, BlackBerry has marketed itself as the phone to "keep you moving". But when you have to become concerned about what features will become deprecated without warning, or what apps will stop working due to an update, Auto-loaders, Sachesi, Snap, side-loading, app patchers etc - it becomes a burden.

My Blackberries have been the best phones I have ever owned, but they're not in the same league as they have been in the past. I do also think that prospective buyers need to be warned about some of the issues they may face should they choose to spend their hard earned money on a new BlackBerry. Six months ago, I convinced my brother to get a Classic - now I get to spend my time trying to explain why Facebook doesn't work, and why he can't buy music on there, helping him load side-load Uber, explaining that he can't search for Points of Interest in the maps app and trying to work out why email invitations from BBM won't send. Now that's not really keeping either of us moving, is it?
    My suggestion is to try HelloGPS app once, it has both BlackBerry Maps as well as Google Maps integrated nicely from a simple swipe-from-top.

 9220 ->  Q5‎
    12-17-15 10:33 PM
58 123