I've received one update to BB10 in over twelve months, and am still waiting on Telstra for the much anticipated 10.3.2 update, which was supposedly released in June.

The Facebook app has been "upgraded" and is now basically unusable. For many, Facebook is as essential as email, especially for small businesses that use it for interacting with customers. Not a single positive review of the new version in BlackBerry world.

Fewer and fewer Android apps are falling victim to the requirement to have Google Play services installed. Virtually no new native BlackBerry apps in recent history. And many Android apps perform so poorly, they're basically unusable (e.g. Spotify).

BBM no longer enjoys the popularity it once had, and most of my contacts have switched to WhatsApp, wickr or imessage. A few of them tried bbm on ios and windows phone when it first came out, but found the experience underwhelming and unreliable. I now have two BBM contacts that regularly use it.

There is virtually no local support here for BlackBerry. Telstra is the only carrier who still carry limited stock of it (Classic). There are no BlackBerry service centres and warranty support is a crapshoot. I have a Passport that is 8 months old with the screen lift issue that I simply couldn't get fixed for less than half the cost of a new phone. I've had to order all my q10 accessories and betteries from the UK.

Now it looks like the next BlackBerry will run Android anyway.

I love BlackBerry 10 and believe that it had the potential to be the best mobile OS out there. But it's being left to wither and rot. So is it time to cut my losses and move on?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 09:51 PM
    Bye... move on. When you buy a new car, do you write the old car company's forum and tell them you are leaving?

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    09-19-15 10:07 PM
    Do what you need to do. If it's not meeting your needs then I guess it is. Maybe try Cobalt's Play store and Google Service method to resolve the issues your having with Android apps asking for it?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:10 PM
    Bye... move on. When you buy a new car, do you write the old car company's forum and tell them you are leaving?

No, because I've never needed to buy a new car because they've just randomly dicontinued support.

If I found out that my two-year old car was no longer compatible with the bulk of the fuel on the market, and hence was undrivable, yes - i'd probably take to forums to express my displeasure.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:21 PM
    Also, it was a more a question as indicated by the presence of question marks. But I also thought it might serve as a timely warning for those people that were considering funding BlackBerry's meandering reinvention.

Posted via CB10
    KJSEFE ALG likes this.
    09-20-15 01:11 AM
    I have been struggling with this decision as well. I have been a diehard BlackBerry. Love hub. Love email. But now Facebook has become totally useless. Many android apps don't work anymore. Streaming video comes up as media error. Very disappointed. I'm going to dabble with Samsung next week and see if I can do without my BlackBerry.

Posted using my awesome Z30
    09-20-15 02:38 AM

Are you reading and responding in car forums?

Meshdow and Velocitymj like this.
    09-20-15 03:08 AM
    I have been struggling with this decision as well. I have been a diehard BlackBerry. Love hub. Love email. But now Facebook has become totally useless. Many android apps don't work anymore. Streaming video comes up as media error. Very disappointed. I'm going to dabble with Samsung next week and see if I can do without my BlackBerry.
    I don't get it. BB10 isn't serving your needs, so you're going Android... and BlackBerry has an Android phone coming out and you're not considering it because it's Android?
    wincyUt and jmr1015 like this.
    09-20-15 03:23 AM
    No, because I've never needed to buy a new car because they've just randomly dicontinued support.

If I found out that my two-year old car was no longer compatible with the bulk of the fuel on the market, and hence was undrivable, yes - i'd probably take to forums to express my displeasure.
    The car you bought used special fuel, but the car company made it possible to work with the bulk of the fuel on the market. Unfortunately, the formulation for the fuel has changed and the car company couldn't keep up... so they decided to build a car that will work with the new fuel formulation and be compatible with future changes.
    wincyUt and MobileMadness002 like this.
    09-20-15 03:26 AM
    I feel sorry for these guys who bought the Passport SE...its gonna be like with the Playbook
    I've got the OG Passport and I am angry with BBY....I just hope they will support and develope BB10 for a few years longer!!!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-20-15 03:32 AM
    I feel sorry for these guys who bought the Passport SE...its gonna be like with the Playbook
    I've got the OG Passport and I am angry with BBY....I just hope they will support and develope BB10 for a few years longer!!!
    When you say develop, do you mean maintain the Android Runtime and keep apps like Facebook and Twitter up-to-date? Everything else seems mature enough...
    09-20-15 03:43 AM
    When you say develop, do you mean maintain the Android Runtime and keep apps like Facebook and Twitter up-to-date? Everything else seems mature enough...
    Yes.Not just to patch some bugs! BB10 should be developed..there are gestures that could be implemented like closing active frames. Why arent they working like on the PlayBook?
    flyingsolid and DarkJoker33 like this.
    09-20-15 03:52 AM
    Yes.Not just to patch some bugs! BB10 should be developed..there are gestures that could be implemented like closing active frames. Why arent they working like on the PlayBook?
    Not sure. It's bugged me too, having had PlayBook's prior to BB10.
    09-20-15 03:57 AM
    I've received one update to BB10 in over twelve months, and am still waiting on Telstra for the much anticipated 10.3.2 update, which was supposedly released in June.

The Facebook app has been "upgraded" and is now basically unusable. For many, Facebook is as essential as email, especially for small businesses that use it for interacting with customers. Not a single positive review of the new version in BlackBerry world.

Fewer and fewer Android apps are falling victim to the requirement to have Google Play services installed. Virtually no new native BlackBerry apps in recent history. And many Android apps perform so poorly, they're basically unusable (e.g. Spotify).

BBM no longer enjoys the popularity it once had, and most of my contacts have switched to WhatsApp, wickr or imessage. A few of them tried bbm on ios and windows phone when it first came out, but found the experience underwhelming and unreliable. I now have two BBM contacts that regularly use it.

There is virtually no local support here for BlackBerry. Telstra is the only carrier who still carry limited stock of it (Classic). There are no BlackBerry service centres and warranty support is a crapshoot. I have a Passport that is 8 months old with the screen lift issue that I simply couldn't get fixed for less than half the cost of a new phone. I've had to order all my q10 accessories and betteries from the UK.

I love BlackBerry 10 and believe that it had the potential to be the best mobile OS out there. But it's being left to wither and rot. So is it time to cut my losses and move on?

Posted via CB10
    Dude.. I'm not a BlackBerry apologist of any sort and I'd be moving to the Slider too once it's released. However, I need to stop u and correct you where necessary. You need 10.3.2. Do it yourself if your provider wouldn't. Spotify works fantastic and I'm on the latest version from Google Play. It even works when minimised. I get updates for BlackBerry native apps all the time and as recently as yesterday.

I do agree tho.. facebook is totally useless and I use the Android version instead.

Spotify right now..

Time to move on? :(-img_20150920_095626.png

Posted via CB10
    delgadom and Blacklatino like this.
    09-20-15 04:00 AM
    Yes you have right to select any device of your choice. But please consider Slider as it will meet most of your needs.
    For me BB10 continues to be no. 1 with no parallel . I shall certainly go for the Slider to bridge the app. gap on BB10 platforms.

 Passport SE propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    09-20-15 04:11 AM
    I've gone a completely different direction and am just awaiting BIS to be activated to my Bold 9900 by O2. Many apps on the older OS worked fine, though won't be as pretty, but for a couple of weeks I'll see how it pans out vs BB10 with apps and experience. I don't use Instagram, but pretty much everything else will get tested out.

Try the slider when it comes.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 07:10 AM
    Yes you have right to select any device of your choice. But please consider Slider as it will meet most of your needs.
    For me BB10 continues to be no. 1 with no parallel . I shall certainly go for the Slider to bridge the app. gap on BB10 platforms.
    That's not "bridging the gap." That's "moving to another operating system."
    extisis likes this.
    09-20-15 08:09 AM
    I've gone a completely different direction and am just awaiting BIS to be activated to my Bold 9900 by O2. Many apps on the older OS worked fine, though won't be as pretty, but for a couple of weeks I'll see how it pans out vs BB10 with apps and experience.
    I tried going back, specifically because of the functional bridge with the Playbook. The minute I went to use the browser I remembered why I upgraded to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-20-15 01:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    There are other means to update your phone and it is your carrier who isn't releasing updates, as BlackBerry has pushed updates and someone gives us leaks.
    Have you taken to their forums to complain? Have you had any contact with your carrier over your displeasure with them?

Facebook is a website.

You blame BlackBerry for android developers using Google play services. Makes sense.
    I have found plenty of BBW apps that fit my needs perfectly. They are also being updated daily, you're on a dead OS version so that is why you aren't finding any.

People use what they like and if you can't persuade them to BBM, but they manage to persuade you to whatsapp or whatever then that seems to be a personal issue. I've gotten people to use BBM simply by saying no to other IMs and if you want to talk here's my pin.

This goes back to your carrier. Obviously BlackBerry wasn't making them money. As a businessman you should understand. Did you not get insurance on the phone? If you did it shouldn't cost you half the price of the phone to fix or replace. If you do, your carrier really sucks, just saying.

The gripes are personal preferences, carrier issues, and a lack of seeking options. My issue with these types of posts is how they are meant to deter others from bb10.
    If you aren't happy that's sad, but not everyone will have your issues, or any issues with bb10. I do, however, have major issues with android phones and choose BlackBerry because it fits me. To each their own you know.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    acovey likes this.
    09-20-15 02:19 PM
    good bye Felicia
    09-20-15 06:55 PM
    There are other means to update your phone and it is your carrier who isn't releasing updates, as BlackBerry has pushed updates and someone gives us leaks.
    Have you taken to their forums to complain? Have you had any contact with your carrier over your displeasure with them?
    My carrier has a fairly comprehensive list of pending software updates and their statuses on their support forums. According to my carrier, they skipped the first release of 10.3.2 provided to them for approval in favour of an updated release that was supposed to have been provided in August. This has not yet been made available by BlackBerry.

The fact is though, looking through threads on here, there are many owners on many different carriers that have only just recently received the June update, or are still waiting on.

Facebook is a website.
    So are gMail, Outlook, Google Maps, Onedrive, Twitter, Google Play, Instagram etc. My email provider has a webmail portal. Are you suggesting that, like Facebook, these services don't need an app? Perhaps BlackBerry should discontinue gMail support and IMAP in favour of web-based alternatives?

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see a world where apps aren't a necessity and websites can provide a similarly rich experience. I believe the trend towards device-specific applications is heading in the wrong direction. But at the end of the day, my phone now has a feature that doesn't work as it did when I originally purchased it.

You blame BlackBerry for android developers using Google play services. Makes sense.
    I think if you re-read my original post, you won't find me blaming BlackBerry anywhere for the increased adoption of Google Play services. Google is the devil. But unfortunately, in this case, BlackBerry's gamble to bring Android applications to BB10 en-masse hasn't being as successful as they probably hoped.

People use what they like and if you can't persuade them to BBM, but they manage to persuade you to whatsapp or whatever then that seems to be a personal issue. I've gotten people to use BBM simply by saying no to other IMs and if you want to talk here's my pin.

This goes back to your carrier. Obviously BlackBerry wasn't making them money. As a businessman you should understand. Did you not get insurance on the phone? If you did it shouldn't cost you half the price of the phone to fix or replace. If you do, your carrier really sucks, just saying.
    Actually, I had to purchase it outright from another carrier, as my carrier elected not to stock the Passport. Consequently, insurance was not an option, unfortunately. It's also unfortunate that BlackBerry in Australia do not have any local support services available to consumers - only a small back-office operation to provide support to carriers and enterprise. By comparison, there are three company-owned Apple stores in my state alone which can provide on-site repair, exchange and support.

Meanwhile, my eight-month old Passport sits in a drawer with the dreaded screen-lift (which appeared after two months of use) because the only option available to me is to pay $350 for a refurb.

And yes, the carrier I bought it from (Optus) does suck. Telstra however, have generally been excellent with regards to BlackBerry support - it's just a shame they only sell the Classic.

The gripes are personal preferences, carrier issues, and a lack of seeking options. My issue with these types of posts is how they are meant to deter others from bb10.
    If you aren't happy that's sad, but not everyone will have your issues, or any issues with bb10. I do, however, have major issues with android phones and choose BlackBerry because it fits me. To each their own you know.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-20-15 08:43 PM
    At the end of the day, BlackBerry has marketed itself as the phone to "keep you moving". But when you have to become concerned about what features will become deprecated without warning, or what apps will stop working due to an update, Auto-loaders, Sachesi, Snap, side-loading, app patchers etc - it becomes a burden.

My Blackberries have been the best phones I have ever owned, but they're not in the same league as they have been in the past. I do also think that prospective buyers need to be warned about some of the issues they may face should they choose to spend their hard earned money on a new BlackBerry. Six months ago, I convinced my brother to get a Classic - now I get to spend my time trying to explain why Facebook doesn't work, and why he can't buy music on there, helping him load side-load Uber, explaining that he can't search for Points of Interest in the maps app and trying to work out why email invitations from BBM won't send. Now that's not really keeping either of us moving, is it?
    09-20-15 08:59 PM
    I've gone a completely different direction and am just awaiting BIS to be activated to my Bold 9900 by O2. Many apps on the older OS worked fine, though won't be as pretty, but for a couple of weeks I'll see how it pans out vs BB10 with apps and experience. I don't use Instagram, but pretty much everything else will get tested out.

Try the slider when it comes.
    Posted via CB10
    I also went back to using my Bold 9900 yesterday ... Why? I'm trying to remember what made me do it, something happened that made me turn the other phone off and pull the battery. Anyway, i love it, and BTW you know that password thing? Well i had left it sitting for so long i could not remember the password i knew i would never forget, yep, had to wipe it and start over! Set it up to run on 2G bc 3G would barely let me see two bars. Have texting and calling and browser on data, NO BlackBerry symbol on the corner, STREAMING LIVE365.

I only switched the simcard, i only ever left this phone because of problems with atnt un-fixing my settings ...

Now what do I want? I want a WHITE one thats never had coffee spilled on it. That's what i want. I'm telling myself I'm crazy but THATS WHAT I WANT.

Oh i guess that's why I'm here... The crazy part i mean.

Cant say BB 10 or 7 is all the way better than the other one, i will just stick with both of them.

EDiT i may as well be honest i am using the browser without loading images.
    acovey likes this.
    09-21-15 02:48 AM

If u can't help then it is useless too if u participate and reply simple

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    needforbbx likes this.
    09-21-15 07:35 AM
    Complain complain complain!!! Just move on, especially if you don't appreciate that BlackBerry is pivoting to Android "Slider" in an attempt to rectify the shortfalls. Btw what other choices do you have if it ain't iOS or Android?
    09-21-15 07:52 AM
58 123